Perfect Sun 1000 Basement Grow - First Timer Welcomes Guidance

Question for those that are watching. When should I do the switch to 12/12 Tallest regular is the WW/BB at 1.5ft. other regulars are about 1'. Just for reference the Lemon Auto that is budding is a little over 3' tall. My ceiling is 7ft. and I'm using 5gal. pots. I think i read somewhere that the plants grow a feet a gallon. if thats true I should top out at 5 feet still giving me 2ft clearence for the light.

Personal preference honestly, personally since I also have a 7ft cap I'd flip around 2.5ft - 3ft, expect for your plant to at least double in size during flower so this still gives you room to work with. Some strains more than double during flower, but I feel like having 3ft is enough to manage some minor lst to keep your plant below the light.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Plants look great. I'm not sure if you got an answer to your ph question so here is what I found, add a small amount at a time. My well water always has a ph of 7.5 and I add 1 ml of ph down per gallon which brings it down to about 6.5.

Keep up the good work! :thumb:

Hey Catnip,

Looks like your 5 gal. pots are sitting on a cement slab......no Bueno. Get some foam insulation sheets for them to sit on. The cement is a gigantic heat sink and will keep your root zone too cool.
Before flipping to 12/12 you want to let them fill those 5's with roots, usually a couple of weeks. Advantage of the cloth pot is you can see the roots come out and get air pruned. Then you know you have good roots, plants don't build roots vigorously in flower they do that in veg. Lots of roots = lots of flower.

Nice variety of strains.......jealous.

I guess it depends on how big you want to grow. For veg I like to get shoots off all main stems.

a0467e6465cb0f88a547cf442d6bfd05.jpg

Zoom in on pix. Opening up flower sites come from HST or topping.

fb186ed27e00b10a1b6fc5d96697eece.jpg

All stems have new growth. These ladies are ready from clone in 2 to 3 weeks. I got these two 16 days ago.

b18582e85bf3c1b0e43cc5c6c7cd24b2.jpg

Vegging is just trying to open sites and build good structure. I like to veg under 21 days and flower for 60 days. 4x4 with 1050 watt HPS pulls 800 g every 80 days or so. Seed grows add about 3 weeks so 6 week veg from seeds.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Hey Catnip,

Looks like your 5 gal. pots are sitting on a cement slab......no Bueno. Get some foam insulation sheets for them to sit on. The cement is a gigantic heat sink and will keep your root zone too cool.
Before flipping to 12/12 you want to let them fill those 5's with roots, usually a couple of weeks. Advantage of the cloth pot is you can see the roots come out and get air pruned. Then you know you have good roots, plants don't build roots vigorously in flower they do that in veg. Lots of roots = lots of flower.

Nice variety of strains.......jealous.

root growth has been fine for all the plants so far all the ones over a foot tall already have roots poking out the side and botton of the pots.

Hey, Catnip, that was "guidance". Lol

That's great! I love the smart pots too, but I did try a basement grow and found the cold floor was........'stunting'? the growth. All our hearts are in the right place.:allgood:

Peace, Andy.
:Namaste:

Edit: But I did learn something from that! I now set up my cloner trays down there. Keeps the rez at 68f and the dome at 73f with nice / high humidity!

Just wanted to post a Quick update. Plants are doing great. The "outsiders" I thought were orange Kush All turned out to be Male. So thats 3 outsiders total that had to be removed. One of them was replaced with a Clone from the original outsider White Widow. The one Wifey Burned. Auto Lemon is in full flower mode looking very good with tons of bud sights. I used the water trays from my original Pots as a sorta cushion to keep the Bottom of the smart pots off the concrete floor as suggested by Budley Dorite. Plants have definetly started rooting better. Even more roots are popping out the pots now.

Question about Purples this is my first time growing them. Keep reading that it depends on conditions if your plants turn fully purple or not. Yet I cant seem to find what these optimal conditions are. Can someone point me in the right direction for some reading. I want my devils creme and LSD to be fully purple. I will soon be adding some Red Poison to the grow also so guidance will be very much appreciated.

after this grow I will make a couple changes to the grow area. I'm going to seal my basement walls so they dont leak when we get more then one day of rain. I also plan on picking up some of these for my floor.

91eyvyni9gL_SL1500_.jpg

are these sufficient or should I be looking for something else. Pictures will come later tonight for the grow Plants are currently in thier first 13hr darkness period

Catnip, as I understand, the purples in LSD -25 are mostly brought on by temperatures. In the final 2 weeks during lights out, if you can get the temps in the room down in the 60s or 50s, it will greatly affect the colour outcome. You'll still get purples at standard growing temps, but the lows really bring them out. It's not all genetics. My girls are not very purple as a result of high temps.
Hope that sheds some light.

Side note: I was so disgusted with this strain that I will be getting a replacement batch of seeds from Fast Buds. You can bet they won't be LSD -25. Two decent plants out of 10 seeds is a colossal waste of money and time, in my book.
Peace, Andy. :Namaste:

20160718_222551.jpg

Say Hello to the newest baby. Since 3 of the outsiders were male I'm replacing one of them with this Transiberian. This batch of seeds has ruined my 100% germination rate. Only 1 of 4 seeds have popped so I decided to add 2 Red Poison they are currently in water as we speak

Info for Trans Siberian she will most likely move outside

Cannabis Genetics? Serious Seeds White Russian X Auto #1

Strong and Pungent, Her Smell is as Big as Her THC Levels

Russian women are known for their strength, and this chilly filly has THC levels that are as powerful as a Leningrad blizzard. In fact, Trans Siberian is one of the strongest AutoFems offered by Auto Seeds.

Your senses will feel like Rocky after a few shots from Ivan Drago. Covered in white like she just came in from a snowstorm, her crystalline cover will weigh her down by the time she finishes. Have the stakes ready!

Beginner Friendly & Connoisseur Quality
She̢۪s easy and fast - seal the deal in as little as 65 days
Don̢۪t let her speed fool you - her yield is as big as any other auto out there

Her mama, Serious Seeds White Russian, is renowned for her classic aroma - and this apple didn̢۪t fall very far from the tree. Expect the pungent, Skunky, fuel smell for which her proud lineage has become known

Back
Top Bottom