Peyton & Pals Perpetual Playground

It depends on how the last few weeks plays out. If it fattens up properly then hell yeah I will. They just seem to be moving slowly to me. And still can't figure why the other two in flower have stretched even though they're well into flower mode. Had to bump my light up a couple inches just to be safe

No prob man.
Let's run this down quickly to get questions addressed.

Not tinfoil, good :)
The tub, if u decide to upgrade, they sell black 1.5 gallon buckets at most hydro shops. If your going to work with what u got. Scuff up the outside with sandpaper before painting. Might take a few coats. But I can't stress this enough, keep the light out!! Your going small so 1-2 gallons is OK, but pH will need adjusting often. More water= less work.

My room don't "feel" warm but after 10 hours its 35c some days, way too warm for dwc. Good job on putting thermometer on shopping list. Get 2 one to put in the water and one to test air temp. Wally world aquarium section hint hint.

Airpump is questionable. Air stone is kind of small might want to look at picking up a long one, helps disburse bubbles better. Fans should do the trick. U want exhaust at the top and intake at the bottom.

TDs eBay or amazon. 10$. When u go to hydroshop if they sell GH pH kit. It comes with a liquid pH tester. I have eBay chap pH pens. They work. Just need to calibrate them every week. 10$-15$.

Plant at 12 inch from flip will yield a 2 foot + plant. Unless you try some LST (low stress training). We can assist you on that as well. Not complicated.

Yup that's Lucas. GH is a good product, I don't use it anymore. But its a good cheap nutrient to use. And to help gain knowledge on growing cannabis.
Tea spoon = 5ml tablespoon = 15ml.
Syringes at drugstore, 10ml all you will need really. Or u can buy bigger 50ml or 10ml on eBay or amazon for a buck or two.
Wally's might carry it too. Canadian Walmart isn't like american so I can't say.
8-16 Lucas is a nice easy formula to run in dwc, soil, Hempy any style really. If u do Lucas. Your under cfl low light so you run half the formula. 4-8 ml. Basically your 2 bottles of nutes will be a purchase every year lol there going to last you forever man.

Also when your at the hydro shop see if they will sell yan a few rockwool cubes. Or buy a sheet. Peat and dwc makes a mess. Grab some Hydroton (clay pebble) they go around the rock wool in the netpot. Again see if they will see u some, Not a whole bag lol my hydro shop sells rock wool by the cube for 25 cents and Hydroton for 1$ for a 6 inch pot full.

There is a lot more things to cover on your setup. But you got your basis and shopping list.
Thermometer
Hygrometer (reads humidity)
Nutrients
Syringe.
Rock wool
Hydroton.

Its a fucking awesome past time man. Gardening of anysorts is fun! Espically when you really get to enjoy the end product!

Anymore questions feel free to ask!

Gotta learn to grow, gotta grow to learn.

Now I'm off to take a picture of the girls for everyone.

I ran the test a couple of times and the air temp is 86 degrees Fahrenheit with the water about 76.

I guess that's not good.

It's just a bucket filled with rockwool cubes or perlite, or any soil-less medium. Then you drill a hole about 3 inches up for a drain. Passive hydro, easy to setup and maintain. I water with full strength nutes everyday and haven't had a single deficiency yet. I plan on sticking with perlite cause in my garage I can't afford to get pests. I find dead mosquitos on top of perlite everyday.

Right, I'm with ya :) Do you think there's a big advantage to be seen growing that style compared to mine in coco & smartpots? Mine has the nutrient contained until it uses it all up but hempy it basically washes over the roots daily & they get more oxygen?

Yes, and I don't have any of the issues that people complain about with coco, like pest problems, salt buildup, or cal/mag deficiency. Perlite is inert, so the pH you put in is the pH you get coming out. When I first started I looked up the simplest foolproof grow style, and this is what I got. No amendments, no ppm or ec to worry about, no res temps, just a good ol fashion add water kinda grow

Here are the Fast and Vast girls. They are 24 days old from seed. They are having the GH FloraNova Simple Drain to Waste 4th week schedule. 4ml FloraNova Bloom, 1mlRapid Start, 2ml Liquid KoolBloom, 1ml FloraliciousPlus and 4ml CaliMagic; all amounts are per U.S. Gallon. They are under a TopLED Mars II 700 watt LED light at 30" above tops. Temps are 82F light on and 76F light off. They get fed every morning about 1 quart. I picked two monster 9 lobe fan leaves from Vast to allow light in. She is thick. Fast has been stretching with all of her limbs. Smells skunky. Good thing I got the new Phresh filter. They really work well for me. Ven Tech carbon filter let 30-40% of the odor through.

Well enjoy the view...

Here are both girls at 24 days old from seed pop

Fast_and_Vast_24_days_old.jpg

Here is Vast. She is smaller than Fast, but thick

Vast_24_days_old.jpg

Here is my girl Fast at 24 days from seed pop.

Fast_24_days_old.jpg

Both seeds were germinated in a Root Riot Plug. Took three days after soaking seeds in 61ppm faucet water til they sank. My faucet ph is 6.4. I ph the nutrients to 5.78-5.85. Plan on changing to KoolBloom dry in a week or two.

:geek:
WJ

Look at the size of them. Looking good man. Can't wait to see what they pull for weight.

I wish photos grew that fast. I just popped another BC big bud seed past night. Hopefully this one don't die on me. I'll have 4 strains then. Pk white Russian, ak 47 and BC big bud. Pretty sure it's time to retire the pk. when I get the green crack clones I'll have no choice.

Gonna build a second veg box soon. Not enough hours in the day. Might have to buy a tent. Money should be flowing by end of Oct. Either way I got too many plants for a 3x2 box. Gotta make a 3x4 or 3x5. Bigger then my flower room lol

Yea man, Dry KB is powerful stuff. NPK is 2-45-28! I'll only use it for two weeks or so. I'm using liquid KB now and it is 0-10-10. I'd like to see what the dry does. I used just the liquid last grow. My 900 ppm hasn't burned any so I am pretty confident the dry at 1/4 to 1/2 will do alright because I will stop the liquid. But I will do first week at 1/4 like you suggested. GH schedule amount is 1/4 tsp. I'll try to use a dash of dry KB. About a little less than 1/8th tsp (Teaspoon).

WJ

Careful with dry Jim. Use 1/4 dose. I've hermied whole crops with that stuff.

HEMPY... It is the way to grow without entertaining pests and high nutrient temps. DWC about drove me to drink. Had to freeze 1 gal jugs and put them into a tug that the DWC 5 gallon bucket was in to keep nute temps down to 75F. Two 1 gallon jugs twice a day is a ton of work and fortunately I had enough space in the freezers to freeze 1 gallon milk jugs filled with water. Easy for a knucklehead, like myself, to grow in hempy system.

WJ

What is hempy? Loads go on about it & I'm clueless what it is :/

I got me some of those Fast&Vast yet to pop I hear they stink 6 weeks in , I got some auto's = Trans Siberian , AKR ,Amnisia germ'd 8-2

So a hempy is a perlite filled bucket with just a hole 3"s up ? no bubbler ?

i'm coco nut myself coco,pumice,charcoal

Back
Top Bottom