Peyton & Pals Perpetual Playground

I'd get a tug the same size and cut it down to 1 - 2" tall and fill with crushed ice and sit the DWC tug on it. That would work and tugs that size are cheap so you could have two. Easier to replace a thin tug full of ice than to remove and fill and replace. that takes time. It'll work if you have the headroom.

WJ

I just remembered that I was going to pick up a couple of these tugs anyway and use them to raise the plant closer to the lights because I could not figure out anything else to use that was not a fire hazard in there.

It sounds like you're having fun spending the pennies on stock :) Did 420 give you an indication of cost? PM me if they did coz I want to get my LED guy on here.
I'll be in the market for a vape in a few months, I'd love to buy off you, but the international post & import tax would make it too expensive. I'm thinking of a DaVinci Ascent or maybe a Pinnacle Pro but the flimsy top puts me off a bit.

With your lights I'd say if you can afford to get top quality then go for it. The Mars are great for the price but the diodes aren't the best, BM's are crazy prices but Osram are the best diodes. Have a look at Platinum too, they use top BIN diodes in their lights & give a 5 year guarantee. There's a few journals running with them you might want to check out.

Cheers for that. I assumed mars was a top brand.

I'm off all weekend so I'll do my shopping then, maybe get you guys to help me decide. 5 year warranty sounds fuckin sweet to me. Budget will be under 3k USD. + exhaust fan and new phresh air filter.

420 didn't indicate price. Rob the admin said they want to see the site and store to see if its a fit for 420 mag. Pretty cool they don't just take anyone with money in hand, gotta respect that.

Mars are a great budget light & a match for many more expensive lights but there are improvements to be had. I'm getting a hand built light off a Spanish guy, he builds his with Osram SSL 80 LED's which are the best on the market & have been developed specifically for horticulture. The next best choice of LED's are Phillips Lumileds, Cree, Bridgelux etc. Any light fitted with top BIN quality branded LED's will be a big jump up from the Mars. Top BIN diodes are much much brighter, consume less energy & run cooler but there's not many companies using them. Platinum do & their prices are good, BM uses Osram but I think he's charging way too much money for his lights at the mo, if the price drops then they are a good choice.

I'm not $ fluid to get the best on the market ATM , in time I'll have the cutting edge but I gotta ramp up slow
I got 3 of the Mars400's & a 400HPS & 250MH so I'll make due & see how & what levels of light I need to add this winter runs of autos , the 1st run is fine the Trans Siberian are getting big , i'll order more of those
right now the summer photo period plants are bulkin'up just fine in the sunshine under glass (polyprop)
we got rain today the 1st rain since last winter :cheer:
that will help with all the forest fires just north of here

1st rain since last winter, wowzers that's a dry place you live. Have you any recent pics of your ladies?
That's why the outdoor bud from Mendo/Humbolt is soo good I'm just south of there by 40miles
I'll take some Pix, the resin is now sparklin' & they showing red hairs now at spots
my head injury make doing a journal hard , but once I get the G/H running smooth again I'll have time for journals
I was surprized on how far I had let the G/H get off since my work accident
but all is good now with a cali MMJ card in April & I'm now a collective grower

I just did a google & it looks like you have the perfect temps up there :) Great news on the card & I hope you recover from your head injury soon buddy
no recovery at this point , I'm permanent & stationary or MMA (Maximum Medical Advancement) is the term , the bud helps lessen the need for narcotics to ease the pain ,
But I'm over that & moving on just gotta 'Deal' as Jerry Garcia would say ,
Aiko ! Aiko ! L O L

I think, for me, that the different LEDs are like cars. Lincoln or Hyundai are not the same luxury but they'll both get you there warm (or cool) and dry. My Mars IIs might not be THE top brand as some might say, but for what I spent they are top brand for me. I just bought another Mars II but a 900 watter. That says a lot. I have excellent results with these lights and my autos. If I could spend $1k more for lights, I don't think my resultant grow would justify the difference in cost. At least one that equals the cost difference.

I would like to make my own, but that would have to be with the COB units and that would be costly too.

I like TopLed's Lights and I'll suggest the brand to anyone. Only problem getting lights is deciding on the power of the lights, watts used includes power supply and fans. Just make sure you get as 'big' as you can afford.

And definitely get a real Phresh filter. I can't smell a thing unless the fan stops. I took it off the timer for that reason. Fast and Vast smelled skunky from the second week! Smells more than anything I have grown.

WJ

Cheers for that. I assumed mars was a top brand.

I'm off all weekend so I'll do my shopping then, maybe get you guys to help me decide. 5 year warranty sounds fuckin sweet to me. Budget will be under 3k USD. + exhaust fan and new phresh air filter.

420 didn't indicate price. Rob the admin said they want to see the site and store to see if its a fit for 420 mag. Pretty cool they don't just take anyone with money in hand, gotta respect that.

Hahahahah this is comical. I and a buddy who said he had a "little" plant to give me. Ak47. He shows up with a 4 foot plant. I'm like wtf am I supposed to do with this. If it was harvest day I would use it for a 1 plant monster grow. But I'm a week away from harvest.
Trying to decide if I'm gonna hack it up into 100-200 clones. Or emergency expand the veg box till I can build a proper one.
Stoaked but if I don't act soon imma kill it.

Yea this ak-47 is gone duckfoot. Gonna go take pics in a min here and show yas. This mother plant is 5 years old. He says it yields good and quality is good still on it. And that one clone is from this mother.
Plant looks like its on the verge of what I call preflower. Its a fucked up looking plant and hardly looks like a pot plant.
We smoked a spliff of it, and its pretty good. If my pineapple is a 6/10 the duckfoot AK is a 7 or 8. I'd have to smoke it for a week to really grade it.
And the other clone I kept for a mom is Russian kush! And the 12 in flower are Russian kush! Not white Russian. Russian kush. Fuck it was driving me nuts! But now, can anyone find russian kush online? I can't Hahahahah

Brb I'll post some pics tonight.

heres the fucked up duck.

fucked up leaves aye? not all them are like this but id say half the plant looks like this. tomorrow im gonna clone it down and maybe flower the pk for a extra week and do my next round with ak-duckfoot lol or take some clones, put her in a 5 gallon pot and flower her alone. what do u guys think?

plant really needs some tlc. repotting for one. its in a 2 gallon pot and its 40 inches tall. hence all the drooping.
IMG_012634.JPG
IMG_012929.JPG
IMG_013334.JPG

see how it looks like its in flower? strange. this is what the clone looked like when i got it. you can see the clone from it in the background actually
IMG_013529.JPG

I'd say either flower the mother or chop her into clones, either sounds fun. But that sure is one strange looking plant. Glad it's an upgrade in smoke for you, maybe with your grow skills you can get it closer to a 9

Cool. So it's a good temporary situation. Eventually I'll plug my mini fridge in and start working them out of there. I'm excited to get this solo cup challenge going. I threw 3 more clones into flower room last night. Had to raise the lights on pc last night cause she is just bushing out and getting big. Happy times in the manning garage

had a flush of spider mites , my fault I had stopped the humidity boosts

going green , safe soap gets here today & predatory mites on tuesday
did a complete shower of the girls forced water top /under leaves then shot the humidity up to 100% & the temp to 90
went in 6 hours later most of the eggs were gone some mites were dead from exploding but still one of two walkin' around
seen a predatory wasp feeding on one mite as well thought it was a fungus nat but it was tiny less than 1/2 the size of a nat
I've had flushes before
my fault for not doing a humidity purge ,
but after the girls finsh & the autos finish no more starts till I clean the whole G/H
i know where they came from , an bunch of older rare frankensense plants 'boswellia sacra' that were brought outta dormancy (they are now outside )

Back
Top Bottom