Photos, Soil, Mars Hydro Grow

ready.jpeg

I'm set!

:laugh:

Hi all, Well my RH is getting too high during lights out. Getting up to 70 - 75% RH. During lights on it's not bad 50 - 60%. I'd prefer 40 - 50%. My problem is when I turn the Humidifier off my Temps hit 84 F. So I'm pretty much as high as I want to get (not me / the temps) I always want to get higher. Anyway, I'm hoping leaving the humidifier off a couple days lowers the RH.
It doesn't seem to be affecting the plants any. They seem to be stretching some right now.
The Gorilla Girl seems to be taking off the most. I'll take some new pics in a little while to post.

So is this Covid - 19 thing affecting any of you guys? They've went down to 4 days a week & about 6 hours per day at my work. Not sure how I'm going to pay my bills on that. May lose my house over this if it lasts too long. Not giving up my car. Need that for work & I've got too much into it. We can always stay at mother in laws if we lose the house. She's cool & even smokes a joint once in awhile.
I'm a little worried about losing my job completely though as I was the last person hired and it was only 5 - 6 weeks ago. This company may not even survive this as the new owners just got it in Dec.
This has put my grow room build on hold as I can't spend money in times like these.
Which would you choose.... The House or the Car? The car was $37 K & the house was $54 K. The car is in perfect condition with 70,000 mi. The house needs about $10 K in upgrades to make it nice again. It's a Manufactured Home & I don't own the land as it's in a park.
Which would you choose ? The shed you see out back is where I've been building my grow room.

GEDC5982.JPG
E10.JPG

Nice car! A house is always nice to have too though....Dont know the financial situation youre in but i hope u can get through these tought times....tough decisions.
Hope it all works out for you and ur family....hope for this to pass sooner than later.

I’d keep the house myself, that’s a sweet ride but can’t really live in a car.
Can't live in a house if you can't get to work & pay the Mortgage. It's kind of a catch 22 no matter what. It's almost an hour drive each way to work. You can't touch a 1 bedroom apt. in the Phoenix area for under $1000 per mo. I need a minimum of 2 bedrooms & that runs $1350 - $2000 per mo.

They sent me home from work today after 1 hour because I was cramping & puking from IBS & now they think I need to be tested for Covid - 19. I got a feeling I wont get to return to work for a while.
As far as the car goes I got too much in it & only 2 years left of payments of $598 per mo. There's probably close to $1000 in chrome on this motor. The Hood was $600 + $900 in paint job. Another $250 in Vinyl Wrapped parts. On top of that there's another $1000 or more in Brakes, Rotors, Louvers, etc. So it has around $5000 in custom stuff. Was planning to Whipple Super Charge it this summer as I get in quite a few races. Seems like every Charger & Challenger want to race .... but they never win. I think they get scared at 100 mph. I've had my car over 140.
The House payment is $510 per mo. + $520 lot rent. 12 years of payments owed on that & it needs some work.
So i'm leaning toward my car if worse comes to worse.

Mother in Law keeps telling us we should have stayed living with her. She could use the $600 mo. I was giving her so she tells us to come back if things don't work out.
On a good note I called my boss & will go to work tomorrow after I explained it all to him.

Good luck with the job during the crisis Bud! Maybe the senate will stop nickle and diming and figuring out ways to help the rich but leave the rest of us broke, but who knows.

The question of whether to keep the car or the house has more to do with what the resale value is rather than how much you've paid into it!

And back to plants for a minute, this confused me:
My problem is when I turn the Humidifier off my Temps hit 84 F.
I'm hoping leaving the humidifier off a couple days lowers the RH.
Why are you running a humidifier when your humidity is already too high, and why does your temp rise when you turn it off?

The Humidifier is on a Timer & runs 12 hours when the lights come on. With it running my temps are 77 - 79 F. Without it it runs 84 - 86 F. The 6" exhaust is running full blast to try to pull heat & humidity out also. It's a 6 gallon humidifier that pretty much works as a swamp cooler.
So when lights are on & the Humidifier is running everything is good until lights out. 77 - 79 F & about 50% RH. Even though the humidifier isn't running during lights out the RH gets up to 70 - 75% which is way too high. The temps stay 77 - 81 during lights out.
Not sure how to fix this.

It's a closet grow so no flaps to open or close. If I can find a way to put something along the bottom of the closet door that will keep light leaks out & let some humidity out it might help. Right now I have a towel in front of the bottom of the door to keep light out. Unfortunately, it keeps RH in.
I'm going to hang a Blackout Curtain tonight when lights come on to see if it will do. Do it about 15 minutes before lights on so I can go inside & see if light is getting in. Hope that works as it's the easiest route.

So when lights are on & the Humidifier is running everything is good until lights out. 77 - 79 F & about 50% RH. Even though the humidifier isn't running during lights out the RH gets up to 70 - 75% which is way too high. The temps stay 77 - 81 during lights out.
Not sure how to fix this.
The AC Infinity fan with the controller helps a lot. You set your RH high limit and then the fan kicks on and drops the RH down. There's a balance though as the room the fan is drawing air from has to have a low enough RH value to drop it in the tent/closet.
I use a cool mist humidifier in my tent, with a 70pint dehumidifier outside the tent. I keep the room RH low so when the fan draws with lights off it keeps the RH at the correct setpoint.

Once things start looking better for me I want to get a Mini-Split A/C & Heat. I see complete 1 ton systems NIB going for about $450. Not too bad & I'm pretty sure that would work great in a 5' x 10' x 10' Room. I think that's roughly 500 c.f. which would be correct for a 1 ton. Kind of a set it & forget it & only run the Humidifier when needed. When it's cool outside I have a 4" fan & Filter to bring in cool air so might not need to use A/C as much. I also have my 6" fan & filter to exhaust Hot Air & smells. Yeah, I've put a lot into this grow room because it has to withstand 120 F days & still keep cool.

Back
Top Bottom