Question about yields

flatlander77

So I've been browsing and browsing and the common number that pops up when trying to calculate your wet yield vs dry yield is 70% loss.
So drying one gram I end up with 0.3? I'm just trying to get things figured here to see if I wasted my time effort and money ( we'll never a waste cuz most of the time it was fun )

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

A lot of variables so not sure there is an "exact" formula, as are you drying it on the branches or drying the whole plant, are you trimming off just shade leaves or shade leaves and sugar leaves, depends how dry you like your flower, etc...Personally wet weight to me is irrelevant and I don't weigh it until I cut the buds off the branches when I think it is dry and going into jars to cure, and then weigh it again once I get RH inside of jar where I want it (as at that point weight is fairly stable). Same as a lot of variables into whether it worth the time and effort, as risk/reward is different if legal to grow where you are and how much you care about what chemicals were used growing it (as if you grow your own you know exactly what is in it), along with cost of electricity and supplies in your area etc.....

I gotta be creeping up on $1000 in so I'm hoping my first one will bring in 6 ounces. Which would make it cheaper than buying and it turned out to be a sativa which I prefer. ( I get super couch lock when I smoke couch lock herb. Very rare sativa comes through my town. I think it will be fairly close. Patience isn't my strong suit. Pistils just started curling back in this morning so I Lil while to go yet. No milky trichomes yet I don't think. New to this but I would say they are all mostly still clear, a few questionable areas may be turning milky. Hoping only 2 weeks so everything can kinda stay on track ish

Day 59 of 12/12, ( it's been on 11/13 for a couple weeks actually to try n stop her from pushing out new growth ) it's still growing taller though. Very slowly but growing none the less. Not one single yellow leaf either so idk, could be a month lol

Initial cost has to be spread out throughout multiple grows, as at least in theory you shouldn't have to buy new lights/ventilation fans/what have you every time, so just your disposables and electricity/water costs figure into each "grow", so kind of like a business equipment gets depreciated over time. For me it kind of a Hobby and gives me something to do as I"m home all the time, so I don't mind paying slightly more for flowers that I also know exactly what kind of chemicals were used to grow it.

Day 59 of 12/12, ( it's been on 11/13 for a couple weeks actually to try n stop her from pushing out new growth ) it's still growing taller though. Very slowly but growing none the less. Not one single yellow leaf either so idk, could be a month lol

I"m still learning so not a lot of experience. Think my lights too close maybe as I haven't had a ton of stretch in ones I have put into Flower (though I think that can vary on the strain a lot too along with environment as I'm growing in a cabinet).

I think mine roughly doubled in height when put into flower. It would've been more but with the heavy LST and supercropping I managed to keep it under 6 feet.

I'm home a lot too so it's my main hobby and I've only purchased minimum items. Everything has been DIY. My lights, my planters ( a crap load of them ) I know a guy should spread out the costs but I kinda just fell into this hobby. I've learned so much. My tomato plants are going to be enormous! Since they growing kinda the same I'll be using all my training but since it'll be outdoors I won't have to worry about rootbound as much

My fallen comrades. 22 wrecked clones from my light falling. ( they were super nice but very crappy compared to the plants replacing them )
420-magazine-mobile1625287797.jpg

So I've been browsing and browsing and the common number that pops up when trying to calculate your wet yield vs dry yield is 70% loss.
So drying one gram I end up with 0.3? I'm just trying to get things figured here to see if I wasted my time effort and money ( we'll never a waste cuz most of the time it was fun )

It works out close to 25% when dried. It does vary quite a lot by strain and circumstances.

around about 25% is my dry weight, i weigh my harvest wet trimmed
i always put 100g to each side of the drying rack, jar them at 30g
curing takes the last 5g out with burping, leavin me with 25g everytime in each jar

Back
Top Bottom