Question on yield over synthetic to organic?

HigherTheHigh

Hello all!

I have a journal in progress, 2 plants, around the same flowering time aswell as they both state the same yield but we all know it deffers with growing conditions.

Both in coco/perlite mix, both being fed BioBizz Bio-Grow, but one will be fed canna boost and the advanced range where the other plant will be grown with the whole BioBizz lineup inc topmax, bio bloom and root juice.

Both will be fed terpinator as its organic.

Both will also have around the same amount of bud sites.

The environment is perfect at all times, currently at 27c and 65%rh in veg, once i switch to flower i can easily sit between 22-27c with rh at 35-50%.

Question is, how much of a difference in yield is it?

Thanks everyone for taking your time to look!

There both LST, i cant get away with topping plants so just bend slightly without crimping the branches.

I just wanted a rough estimate to how much difference so i can get an idea on how much to compare at the end of my journal.

One last thing if I may, just so we can all sort of speak the same language, The plant on the left has had LST, the one on the right has been supercropped. However you got the top of that plant to lay over, I think most folks would call it supercropped.

full

I secind this. Quite impossible to say anything. Yield is really genetics dependent, so two different strains will give two different results.

Yes i should of really thought about this and i was silly to make the post, ill try with the next seeds im starting now.

It would be nice to think if i were to harvest 6oz from the synthetic side and if the organic side produced 4-5oz i would more than likely stick to organic but any less than 4 i would have to stick with synthetic as hard as it seems.

Give it a try and see what you get. I have not tried it indoors, but I have tried it for an outdoor grow a couple years ago. I used Miracle Grow and Humboldt Nutrients for the synthetic nutes. I used General Hydroponics General Organics for the organic nutrients. And to be honest, they all did a great job. I know that some here might not be happy with my results. But the plant with Miracle Grow had a slight edge over the others. But I was also using different strains as well. So the results could have been skewed a bit. My final opinion was that it does not matter if you use organic or synthetic, they all work pretty good. But again, my test grow was outdoors. Indoors could be different.

I was always made aware if the envoronment and lighting was 100% then you could get quite good yields, then think about adding synthetic for a little extra, iv always got the most perfect environment hands down, 25-28c in veg and flower and 50-70% RH in veg and 30-50% in flower.

I think i will always run coco as its great for growing medium for myself, my water PH is great, PPM sits around 80-120, id love to get it lower in PPM's but iv not found anything to lower as yet.

Iv got 5L of BioBizz Bio-grow coming for a base nutrient for my next garden grow, iv used canna a&b for years and for me it has so much salts in, im currently using bio-grow on my current garden grow and its absolutely fantastic at 3.2ml per 1L.

Im using a 1000w 400v hps next time in a 4x4 tent, so im hoping i can beat my 23oz yield with fewer nutes, iv heard people claim they can yield up to 30oz with fewer synthetic nutrients under a 1000w in a 4x4 but i can certainly test the theory out.

Even with clones of the same strain, I've noticed vastly different growing rates depending on how they're treated. To do a side-by-side grow you need really tight controls and for things to be dialed in to a T. Just having one clone in a lower lit area of the tent, or one in a dead-spot or airflow, can have various influences on the outcome. Hell just starting them with different levels of root development, and planting into coarser or finer soil, I have seen vastly different growth rates. Then you have to consider the varying levels of light distribution in your tent; it will also be more intense right under the light than on the perimeter, so naturally the plants on the perimeter will yield less than the ones in the center. What you really need is a larger sample size to average things out over.

In my opinion you'd be better off taking several clones off one plant, say 10, and then growing a group of 5 side-by-side to compare. Having a sample size of 5 means that if you know one didn't grow right because of some other condition, then you can rule that plant's results out of the comparison, but still get a pretty accurate sense of which method is giving you more yield.

Back
Top Bottom