Radogast's First Indoor Seed Grow - In Search of Mothers

20140412_180721.jpg

I just read this thread , and another by Cap'n about how to grow 1 lb monsters.
Inspirational! !!!

How vegetative growth time exponentially affects yield

The new plan is 5 gallon paint buckets(orange? ), Veg longer, top and scrog !!
Given more Veg time, I have time to buy pvc and Glue :)

Now you got it going in the right direction. If you don't train these girls and just let them do their own thing , which is exactly what I did my first grow, no you do not get as good a harvest. Everything looks really nice and clean grow room and other than maybe a little over watering it is looking really nice in there.
I agree longer veg times = larger yields but a lot of the growers do 4 week veg and straight into flower but they usually are doing perpetual grows and stagger the girls going into flower so that they are harvesting every month or so. It's all preference I guess. I like to let them veg until they are good and mature train them with LST and I like to do a good defoliation in veg and flower. This is only my second grow and it is so much improved from my first and it is all thanks to the kindness of the folks on this site. I will harvest y girls in about a week if you want to check it out my journal is in my signature. Welcome to 420.... sub'd....:circle-of-love:

I was going to sub your thread on Thursday, but I saw 200 pages and panicked.
Tonight, by the light of the near full midnight moon, I gave in to lunacy and Subbed :)

I have two 4x4 areas in my flowering room so i could go one light perpetual and one light scrog.

I was planning on perpetual due to Jorge Cervantes medical growers " Bible"
but in the last week it has become painfully obvious that I am along time away from producing clones.

TheCapn's stuff is awesome. I am growing an Obama Kush, that's about a month into a 5 month(at least) veg in a custom bucket that is larger than a 5gal. in an ebbnflow system. Based on TheCapn. AfricanGrower and a couple other guys. It's a really fun way to grow! Like Dennise, I too am in my second grow and I think doing better than the last time around. Just keep reading and asking questions

Subbed. Although I'm growing using the DWC method now, my first grow was soil. I did not like it because I sucked at watering. I was always over/under watering. dwc will produce a bigger yield every time. And I think they grow faster in dwc.

A photo of my indoor/outdoor daily min/Max temp and humidity guage.
Indoors is a bunch of seedlings for the garden away from the lights.
Outdoors is the flowering room where i am doing my vegging
20140414_230827.jpg

27 days since sprouting under the 600w HPS and with the light off and flash.
20140414_230945.jpg

20140414_232245.jpg

The little girls look yellow to me.
Transplanted from 6 packs to 1 gallon pot at 17 days, watered at transplant and again at 20 days.
At 26 days, after soil had dried and pulled away from sides of the pots, watered with bio-bloom.
I'm going to assume the yellow is from too much water after transplant.

Do you use super thrive when transplanting? Helps with stress.

I love the question: "Do I do ..." lol. I don't DO anything yet. I am a total newbie!!!!

Lots of folks here have done a lot of research and planning. Me, not so much :)
55 days the Dr. Says, "I turn down for out of five people. You need medical marijuana. Since we don't have dispensaries, you need to grow."
So a week later I go down till the hydro store and tell them I need to start herbs and tomatoes for a garden and set up a perpetual medical marijuana
grow. We have a 3-4 hour conversation and I buy lights and ballasts.

In two weeks I order seeds, build a room, run some electrical wiring, read a book on growing marijuana, shove seeds into potting soil and realize I just killed half the seeds because I followed the directions for cloning instead of starting from seed.

Two weeks later I found this site and opened a grow journal because I have to talk to someone about growing pot out I'll be asking questions of random strangers on the bus. I am totally winging this and in over my head -lol.

To answer your question No. I just shoved a little cube of potting soil into a one gallon pot of damp potting soil and called that done.

grow

Well Rado the more effort you put forth the more help you will get. Nothing wrong with learning in motion. If another had replied to my thread about a product i would research that product till confident i know all there is to know about it :)

Use the foruns and read the how to grow section. Look at the section on warer quality and ph. That would be a first step

Cheers

Sorry if I sounded snarky Dankness.

I'll head over to water quality and PH sections.

I have been spending more hours reading the threads and logs here than I spend sleeping. This adventure took me by surprise.This morning I was feeling like I had gone for a causal float in the river and the dam upstream did make release and turned me into an emergency body surfer.

The water I and the plants share is from that clean river I float in after it is filtered through a wetlands and pumped from the aquifer
Via Town wells, tested and piped to my house. Upstream the river starts about 1 mile away at the deep water exit from a large reservoir that supplies water to 1/3 of the state. They don't allow people to walk beside the reservoir, much less allow motor boosts and the other usual pollution sources.

The water supply is ph 7 (to the best resolution of my 3 drops test kit.)
1 ml per liter of bio-grow liquid fertilizer brings the PH to 6.5
Before fertilizer I used PH down to about 6.0.
The soil medium began at near 6.5

Back
Top Bottom