Reave's Soilless: Peat, Bark, Sphagnum, Perlite, White Widow 2018

The hlg 65 was getting a little crowded so I fired up the hlg 135 x 4. I made the light frame out of aluminum. Currently at 18 inches from cannapoy. Watching to see if it is too close.

It is definitely warmer in the tent. Also watching temp to see where it settles.

Attachments

• 20181201_201016.jpg
    20181201_201016.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 50
  • PSX_20181216_075406.jpg
    PSX_20181216_075406.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Camera 1_2018-12-16_075518.jpg
    Camera 1_2018-12-16_075518.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 61
She is pointing to her feet... are you sure you are not overwatering that half a cup of soil? Are there drainage holes in the cups?
Yes there is holes and I cut slots all the way around the bottom. I would have thought I overwattered it but I stuck the moisture meter right to the bottom and it registered dry.

I watered it last on Saturday morning. It was light and dry this morning so I gave it a small amount of water.

Currently just using distilled water.

Some bad advice being given here... lets be careful folks. This is a soiless medium, so get out of the 6.3-6.8 pH range and start working in the 5.5-6.1 range, adjusting to 5.8.

Also, since this is soiless and has zero nutrients in it, the plant is going to starve unless you give it nutrients, even in lesser dilutions because of the age of the plant. It makes no sense to water this plant with plain distilled water... it needs nutrition.

Look up the feed rate at this age and start feeding your plant with EACH watering. If you are going to treat that container like a soil grow and let it dry out between waterings, do so, but if you want to water daily or even several times a day, you can do that too and treat this like a passive hydro... but then you have to add oxygen to your water.

Some bad advice being given here... lets be careful folks. This is a soiless medium, so get out of the 6.3-6.8 pH range and start working in the 5.5-6.1 range, adjusting to 5.8.

Also, since this is soiless and has zero nutrients in it, the plant is going to starve unless you give it nutrients, even in lesser dilutions because of the age of the plant. It makes no sense to water this plant with plain distilled water... it needs nutrition.

Look up the feed rate at this age and start feeding your plant with EACH watering. If you are going to treat that container like a soil grow and let it dry out between waterings, do so, but if you want to water daily or even several times a day, you can do that too and treat this like a passive hydro... but then you have to add oxygen to your water.

Thanks. I likely didn't pick the best medium for my first grow but it was all I could find this time of year. I will try and figure out what nutrients they need.

Would they be considered in vegetative state at this point or still Seedlings?

Before a planted the seedlings I did pre soak the soil with the thrive alive b1 res as per recommended on this chart. Since I have not transplanted other than from the paper towel to the solo cup I'm not sure which stage I'm at on this guide.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181212-230350.jpg
    Screenshot_20181212-230350.jpg
    742.2 KB · Views: 53

Can I just put an aerator on the tap to put oxygen in the water?

Can I just put an aerator on the tap to put oxygen in the water?
It helps a little, as does shaking a jug of water vigorously. When I played with passive hydro (hempy) i just put an airstone in my water bucket and let it sit out overnight oxygenating and that seemed to work very well. I am thinking that you need a bit more O2 in there than just the aerator will do for you.
Lets call in a real soilless expert so you can follow his work and get some more detailed info: @Cultivator , are you available?

It helps a little, as does shaking a jug of water vigorously. When I played with passive hydro (hempy) i just put an airstone in my water bucket and let it sit out overnight oxygenating and that seemed to work very well. I am thinking that you need a bit more O2 in there than just the aerator will do for you.
Lets call in a real soilless expert so you can follow his work and get some more detailed info: @Cultivator , are you available?
I got a pump and an air stone. Got it in a 5 gallon bucket.

So if there is O2 in the water I don't have to worry about over watering?

Interesting.

Attachments

• 20181217_134447.jpg
    20181217_134447.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 36
So if there is O2 in the water I don't have to worry about over watering?
yep, you got it. Overwatering is a soil concept... doesn't apply in hydro really... unless you want to treat a hempy or a coco garden as soil and by letting it dry just like a container of soil, drawing the oxygen down to the roots by using the diaphragm that is the water table... but then you give up all the advantages of hydro, constant nutes and all that.

yep, you got it. Overwatering is a soil concept... doesn't apply in hydro really... unless you want to treat a hempy or a coco garden as soil and by letting it dry just like a container of soil, drawing the oxygen down to the roots by using the diaphragm that is the water table... but then you give up all the advantages of hydro, constant nutes and all that.
Interesting. This is complex stuff.

Do nutrients go bad in water. I mixed some up a couple weeks back is it garbage?

Back
Top Bottom