Reave's Soilless: Peat, Bark, Sphagnum, Perlite, White Widow 2018

I've said it before and I'll say it again in the name of conservation of energy, your electric bill, and the planet: you are using way more electricity than these seedlings need. 300 watts? A couple of 23w CFLs would be much better at this stage. I have 2 Candidas under a single 23w 6500K CFL and they have been praying to the light since their first set of true leaves. They're 6" tall and working on their 4th node.

Save the boards for when they're real plants.

I've said it before and I'll say it again in the name of conservation of energy, your electric bill, and the planet: you are using way more electricity than these seedlings need. 300 watts? A couple of 23w CFLs would be much better at this stage. I have 2 Candidas under a single 23w 6500K CFL and they have been praying to the light since their first set of true leaves. They're 6" tall and working on their 4th node.

Save the boards for when they're real plants.

I have a dimmer for it. I can turn it down for now. I have the exact bulbs you are talking about but no ballast for them.

Attachments

• 1545137881658110008854.jpg
    1545137881658110008854.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 79
Had the air stone going in the bucket from around noon yesterday till overnight. I was reading this helps get rid of chlorine too which is a bonus for me because out water plant treats with chlorine.

Mixed up nutes sugar daddy and root 66 to a ph just under 5.8 and hit them with a bit of that each.

I was curious and measured the ph of the run off and it seems to be always be a ph 7 no matter what ph goes in. Not really sure if that matters but I thought it was interesting.

I also dimmed the light a bit, Not quite sure the wattage is now but heat is down 2-3 C.

To me they are looking a nicer green now and although the one girl is still pointing at her toes the color seems to be coming back.

Now let's just hope there is enough O2 in that water.

Attachments

• 20181218_062743.jpg
    20181218_062743.jpg
    805.3 KB · Views: 79
Try raising the light just 2-3 inches, sometimes they will droop away from the lights if too intense for them.
I lowered the intensity with the dimmer this morning. After work I will see if they are happy. The little runt one is reaching to the sky so she looks happy for being so small.

If some of them still look a little droopy I will raise it a bit more.

Testing out the media gallery.

Also the plants look good. Maybe look a bit over watered. I'm still running the air stone in a 5 gallon bucket. Will be cool if oxygenating the water let's me do a passive hydro.

Please excuse my first 3. They had a bad time. Not sure which mistake I made that messed them up so bad but the one actually looks like it might live.

How you guys think the girls are doing.

Back
Top Bottom