Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2015

Better some harvest than none. With your microclimate I'd do some heavy selection as fas as indicas are concerned or take them to F2 to make sure they got naturalized :Namaste:

Better some harvest than none. With your microclimate I'd do some heavy selection as fas as indicas are concerned or take them to F2 to make sure they got naturalized :Namaste:

As far as my main strains go, I think I have them all dialed in. :volcano-smiley:

The Swiss Cheese, a perfect mold resistant strain for my environment, never had a problem with it. It's got a real sativa expression and has a real piney taste that I love so much.

The Blackberry, haven't grown too much of it, but what I have grown has been with great success. It actually has more of a berry flavor than any of the strains I have, even the BB x SM that I used to grow. It's also heavily sativa dominant so it seems to be a great fit as well.

The Underdawg - so when the 4 mothers were in vegetation, I cloned the most vigorous specimen, hoping to maintain that vigorosity, it turns out the one I cloned was the popsicle pheno, I wish I would have cloned the other one, but it's not a big deal. Over continually cloning it, the phenotype will likely adjust a bit. It's definitely going to be a great plant to flower during the Springtime when it's more dry out, so I'm looking forward to some real dense UD spring force flowers.

The Jack Dawg - also never had a problem, so far, with this strain. Like the other hybrids, it seems to have very strong resistance to pests and seems to grow great in the environment.

So in essence, the main strains are already well into the 2nd or 3rd generation of clones (except SC which is on its like 6th) and I'll be sticking with them for as long as I can keep cloning them. Once things get fully on track, then I'll think about adding a 5th strain to the mix.

:Namaste:

Also here is the Swiss Cheese I released a few days ago, the other plant looks identical to it. I've been cloning the Swiss Cheese for awhile now. I think they're on their 6th generation of clones or so. So happy I found this pheno :yummy:
IMG_58226.JPG

Here's that JD bush :cheer: which is doing magnificent if I had to say so myself
IMG_58232.JPG

:circle-of-love:

Ah ok, didn't know that about clones cause I really don't clone :thumb:

Do you know of a book or web page that explains F1, F2, stabilized, etc.

I have been labelling my girls things like S0 and C2. The labels help me keep track, but I know I am abusing the terminilogy.
Information i emglish please, my Italian is limitted to permisso, stazione, gelateria, and other tourist words

Do you know of a book or web page that explains F1, F2, stabilized, etc.

I have been labelling my girls things like S0 and C2. The labels help me keep track, but I know I am abusing the terminilogy.
Information i emglish please, my Italian is limitted to permisso, stazione, gelateria, and other tourist words

Conrad is into breeding and pollinating, I however am not and don't have the time, space, or capacity to do it. So I've divulged into the world of cloning. The fact these organisms can be cloned so easily is mind boggling.

So Conrad was talking about pollinations, and when we create a new F1 progeny, it's the first generation of its type, a completely new set of genotypic possibilities are formed. And it is the F1 generation who carries the diverse & dynamic capacity for adaptation and phenotypic variation for climate adjustability and differential survivorship between phenotypes - according to their location in the geography (e.g,, North vs. South faced slope). What we do is after obtaining and then growing the F1 generation through 1) fertilization and then 2) cultivation, we artificially "select" the phenotypes or plants that have the coinciding traits that we wish to preserve for the future (e.g., if you live in a humid climate you might be more interested in lanky phenotypes which provide upper airflow to the canopy, preventing mold growth, or if you simply wish to preserve the expressed portion of the genetics that transcribes the tendency for turning purple at the slightest touch of cold, etc).

It gets more complicated at this point, now usually we take the selected phenotype and "back cross" it with the original plant for stability influences. You could however, go ahead and directly cross the varied phenotypes straight away and cut to the chase, but you would have a little bit less stability on the F2 progeny. So I believe usually you backcross first, but I'm by no means experienced in breeding. You'd have to ask Brother Lem about his philosophies on the matter.

Oh, so, I never actually used the term "F1 or F2", but essentially it indicates the "generation" of the progeny. I tend to use the idea rather loosely, and so when I say I've got the "6th generation of clones" it is essentially analogous to the F6 generation of seed progeny, though the specimens are produced asexually (that is the mere difference).

And that concludes my mini & general rundown on that. :thumb:

Conrad is into breeding and pollinating, I however am not and don't have the time, space, or capacity to do it. So I've divulged into the world of cloning. The fact these organisms can be cloned so easily is mind boggling.

So Conrad was talking about pollinations, and when we create a new F1 progeny, it's the first generation of its type, a completely new set of genotypic possibilities are formed. And it is the F1 generation who carries the diverse & dynamic capacity for adaptation and phenotypic variation for climate adjustability and differential survivorship between phenotypes - according to their location in the geography (e.g,, North vs. South faced slope). What we do is after obtaining and then growing the F1 generation through 1) fertilization and then 2) cultivation, we artificially "select" the phenotypes or plants that have the coinciding traits that we wish to preserve for the future (e.g., if you live in a humid climate you might be more interested in lanky phenotypes which provide upper airflow to the canopy, preventing mold growth, or if you simply wish to preserve the expressed portion of the genetics that transcribes the tendency for turning purple at the slightest touch of cold, etc).

It gets more complicated at this point, now usually we take the selected phenotype and "back cross" it with the original plant for stability influences. You could however, go ahead and directly cross the varied phenotypes straight away and cut to the chase, but you would have a little bit less stability on the F2 progeny. So I believe usually you backcross first, but I'm by no means experienced in breeding. You'd have to ask Brother Lem about his philosophies on the matter.

Oh, so, I never actually used the term "F1 or F2", but essentially it indicates the "generation" of the progeny. I tend to use the idea rather loosely, and so when I say I've got the "6th generation of clones" it is essentially analogous to the F6 generation of seed progeny, though the specimens are produced asexually (that is the mere difference).

And that concludes my mini & general rundown on that. :thumb:

So two thankyous are due here. First off to Radogast for asking something I've held back asking, and sencondly to you, Lester, for an explanation that even a simpleton, such as myself can completely grasp!!
Great job, and reps for the 411 tonight!
:thumb:

Love your work bud, keep it up. :Namaste:Andy.

your plants are beautiful as always Lester.

Thank you Brother Boz! Good to hear from you. Hope all is well in your world. :Namaste:

Also a quick note for the journal, just harvested a Swiss Cheese plant due to 90 degree monsoonal showers. Couldn't let it go any longer considering how close it was to finish, it was basically done anyway. But there are still the other specimens that need longer and are gonna have to endure. Best of luck :Namaste:

im making a list of who to visit on the west coast if I ever get up there :rofl:
Looking Great as Usual Brotha :thumb:

Time for a lil' update.

Here are the 2 recently released Jack Dawg clones, I decided to squeeze them in
IMG_58332.JPG

Here is one of the two Swiss Cheese clones that has been out in flower for only a lil' less than 2 weeks, love the fact how fast this strain flowers for me
IMG_58343.JPG

Here is the JD mother clone, bonsai bush starting to ripen up, however not turning purple probably because it's been very hot
IMG_58354.JPG

Here is one of the two remaining Underdawg phenos, this is one of the dankest
IMG_58394.JPG
IMG_58362.JPG

Here is the other pheno of the UD, which has an extravagant fruity lime flavor
IMG_58386.JPG
IMG_58372.JPG

Here is a Blackberry cola, which actually smells like a fruity raspberry-like red wine - believe it or not. However this strain takes forever to flower and is delicate to problems, will have to be harvesting this one real soon due to monsoonal conditions
IMG_58408.JPG

Here is a drying & recently harvested Swiss Cheese nug that is going to be jarred real soon
IMG_58423.JPG

Aloha friends :circle-of-love:

:thumb:Beautiful, as always, Lester.

:thumb:

Very nice :hookah:

Hey RL. Nice plants! Been following your Underdawgs....are they from the JJ's (Top Dawg Seeds) line? If yes, wow lucky you! :Namaste:
Mahalo brightlight, these are different Underdawgs. It's a cross of (Chem91 x NYCD x a really dank and special Unknown strain) So it's not the same as any public retailers that exist, as far as I know. :volcano-smiley:
:thanks:
Very nice :hookah:

Thanks Conrad, just harvested the Blackberry, was hoping to get this strain to turn purple one of these days, maybe during a winter grow when its colder it'll work :smokin:
IMG_58515.JPG

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom