Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2013

Beautiful harvest Lester. It warms my heart to read that the borers left you alone this season, loopers sound much less greedy :) Following your journals has been an absolute pleasure and a huge learning experience. I know I told you before, but your journal was one of the ones which inspired me to join the site. +reps for sharing your grow and your knowledge with me
:circle-of-love:

Beautiful harvest Lester. It warms my heart to read that the borers left you alone this season, loopers sound much less greedy :) Following your journals has been an absolute pleasure and a huge learning experience. I know I told you before, but your journal was one of the ones which inspired me to join the site. +reps for sharing your grow and your knowledge with me
:circle-of-love:

Thank you RainStacks, the irony in your name became ever so apparent last night. As the cool, cloudy, and windy air mass from the North rushed in, and it began to rain last night. So I had to run out there and cut off all the colas I wanted, I'll leave the latter half of the plant to grow out another couple weeks. Got my trimming for the day and enjoy some other homegrown meds while I'm at it. Of course it's completely clear and Sunny today...

And yeah your right, the loopers were less greedy for sure, the ECB's are straight out of the pit of hell, there is no comparison. I'm super pleased that I've been spared this year, just having loopers was like winning the lottery, even though I had to be very diligent to find them all and harvest before they molded everything. ECB's will bore through all your stems and there's no saving ECB infested plants.

It warms MY heart to know that my journal has supplied you with information/entertainment/joy and has enabled you to join a world of love and awareness here on 420Magazine, such a wonderful community here as you know by now!

Standing by with my :popcorn: for all you fellow growers! Best of luck and Cheers!
:Namaste:

Congrats... That's what you call an expeditious harvest.

Lester just caught you journal ( man where have I been) Your got some sticky buds Those are gonna smoke great good job:peace::goodjob::bravo::thumb::high-five::circle-of-love:

Howdy Harley! :laughtwo: Thanks for droppin' in! Lots of material in this journal, one of these days I'll have to sit back with a few beers, flip through it, and remember what it was like.

:thanks:

Lester next year I'm going to try something new. around the middle of July . I will take a big plant and put into the darkroom for 2 weeks every night. To get it started budding. Then put it back outdoors and see if it continues to bud. just to give it a jump start .what do you think?.

yea that rain got one of mine. When you cut the colas off, do you get a lot more growth from bottom buds?

Lester next year I'm going to try something new. around the middle of July . I will take a big plant and put into the darkroom for 2 weeks every night. To get it started budding. Then put it back outdoors and see if it continues to bud. just to give it a jump start .what do you think?.

yea that rain got one of mine. When you cut the colas off, do you get a lot more growth from bottom buds?

Hard to say what exactly the plant would do, but I think it would probably be geared towards more leaf growth, and then it would flower like her sisters naturally. I think You'd have to maintain either the same light rhythm or decreasing, but your idea is certainly valid. What I am saying is that 2 weeks is not enough time to fully "seal the deal" and make the plant flower " and no turning back". But it may be worth experimenting with one plant to see what happens. Perhaps if we extend that from two weeks to 3-4, she may have enough flowering hormones to finish off without fear of revegetation.

As for those colas, yeah, you can certainly let the bottom buds grow out. You'd be suprised how much they'll grow in a week after cutting the main colas, so much more light and air flow get to them, that it definitely can help boost yields if one can afford to do such a thing.

Good evening weed Lester. The rain cometh and the rain taketh away. I still have 2 outside and it's been raining for the last 3 days and really hard today but they are still looking good. Sure glad you got your top colas. sometimes you have to beat her, mother nature that is. :thumb:

Good evening weed Lester. The rain cometh and the rain taketh away. I still have 2 outside and it's been raining for the last 3 days and really hard today but they are still looking good. Sure glad you got your top colas. sometimes you have to beat her, mother nature that is. :thumb:

Good Munchday Bill! Cheers to that! Good to see everyone run out and get their colas before the rain ruins it all ;) I'm glad I took what I did during the rains, I found isolated spots of mold that would have caused more damaged had I let them go. Curing buds are doing fantastic, so many different flavors, even between the two OG phenotypes, and going from strain to strain during the day is keeping my general tolerance down, developing a high tolerance for a specific strain can/will lead to running out of meds quicker. The cotton candy flavored mystery sativa is an absolutely perfect strain for the morning time, uplifting and powerful at the same time, definitely a mature plant too. The candy apple flavored mystery sativa has some of the most intriguing smells and is a powerful hitter that taste lingers in your mouth for hours, it's like a perfect dessert weed after a fine meal - cleanses the pallet :thumb:. These OG's are like diesel fuel strength, odd funky earthy aroma with deep skunk overtones with a punch of black peppery spicy aroma. Just smells like straight up potent flowers. So got the trimmings for these fruity strains in line for extractions, so soon I will have 4 different medicinal concentrates extracted from each strain, capturing the essence of each plant.

Can't wait to get everything done and be done for the winter and sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labor (as if I haven't been already! :goof:)

Cheers and Happy Harvesting mates!:cheer:

Thank you RainStacks, the irony in your name became ever so apparent last night. As the cool, cloudy, and windy air mass from the North rushed in, and it began to rain last night. So I had to run out there and cut off all the colas I wanted, I'll leave the latter half of the plant to grow out another couple weeks. Got my trimming for the day and enjoy some other homegrown meds while I'm at it. Of course it's completely clear and Sunny today...

And yeah your right, the loopers were less greedy for sure, the ECB's are straight out of the pit of hell, there is no comparison. I'm super pleased that I've been spared this year, just having loopers was like winning the lottery, even though I had to be very diligent to find them all and harvest before they molded everything. ECB's will bore through all your stems and there's no saving ECB infested plants.

It warms MY heart to know that my journal has supplied you with information/entertainment/joy and has enabled you to join a world of love and awareness here on 420Magazine, such a wonderful community here as you know by now!

Standing by with my :popcorn: for all you fellow growers! Best of luck and Cheers!
:Namaste:

It is a funny thing when you think of a specific 420 member when you see a certain thing in the garden. My heart sinks every time I see a moth on one of my plants! I blame and thank you for my vigilance. I am very lucky to have a lot of spiders on my plants that seem to even do patrols at times and keep the pests off for the most part.

That makes me smile that you thought of my name when you harvested 'stacks' in the 'rain'. I was an avid poker player for years and I like that stacks can be stacks of chips or colas :) Now rain on the Colas, not a good thing. Did not know that when I made the name! I have learned lots here, that is for sure!
:thanks:

Flavorville
Update5104.jpg

Good morning weed Lester. Happy Weednesday

Good Morning Toke To All! Thanks for the kind words, real happy with how things are turning out.
Hope everyone's harvest plans are coming together soon enough, been enjoying watching all your grows from the beginning to end.
Amazing how quick this season went by, almost in a flash.

Good Day! :hookah:

Back
Top Bottom