Renegade's BID Tribute Grow - Multi Strain

Oh, pics...LOL.

IMG_022542.JPG

IMG_022643.JPG

IMG_022741.JPG

Hey Renegade.....looking good bro......hey i agree with DG on the 6"....be careful....your platinum light is a powerful led and you could mess with seeds when they crack open.....i dont know but seems like it could be to intense for the tender tap:).....i know you said just till they pop up.....just watch close my friend.....and as far as height once they pop.....i really wouldnt go any closer than 24" if not 30" if you have it......i believe your platinum will do a great job at that height.....once the seedling has a couple sets of nodes on her then slowly lower the light around 6" at a time every couple of days or even a week to make sure no negative signs............this is from seeing other members having issues with burning the seedlings adn even my wifes seedling suffered under the led......we ended up putting it under a t5 flourescent to bring her back.......she is about 3 inches tall and is about 30" from a mars ll400....which i would venture to say yours is more efficient and powerful........i hope this doesnt sound like i am telling you what to do.......just some friendly advice from personal and a few others issues:).........other than that bro it all looks nice and clean.....oh and i like the torpedo level:)........cant get more level than that:)lol........cant wait to see whaat you do with your P300:)

Come on Green you know you can chime in....LOL. ALL are welcomed to chime in...

I'll take the height suggestion under advisement. If all goes well she should pop thru tomorrow. Based on previous grows.

24" sounds like a safe start and work my way down from there.

I'm interested in getting the tight nodes early so that's why I posed the question of how high and when. I stayed around 12 to 18 and will keep with that till I feel better about it. The worse thing I got out of her last grow was within 6" of the LED. But even then just a slight curl in the leaves.

I've been pretty lucky...hope it holds out....

I will top at least twice. The first at 3-5 nodes and then go from there. 18/6 is the plan for veg but may even go straight to 12/12 after seedling.

That will certainly keep the height in check. We are in the DIY cabinet again till the shed is complete, which at this rate is taking to long for my liking. The "man" is keeping me away but them bills don't pay themselves...LOL.

So standbye for an update tomorrow evening....

Hey Renegade.....looking good bro......hey i agree with DG on the 6"....be careful....your platinum light is a powerful led and you could mess with seeds when they crack open.....i dont know but seems like it could be to intense for the tender tap:).....i know you said just till they pop up.....just watch close my friend.....and as far as height once they pop.....i really wouldnt go any closer than 24" if not 30" if you have it......i believe your platinum will do a great job at that height.....once the seedling has a couple sets of nodes on her then slowly lower the light around 6" at a time every couple of days or even a week to make sure no negative signs............this is from seeing other members having issues with burning the seedlings adn even my wifes seedling suffered under the led......we ended up putting it under a t5 flourescent to bring her back.......she is about 3 inches tall and is about 30" from a mars ll400....which i would venture to say yours is more efficient and powerful........i hope this doesnt sound like i am telling you what to do.......just some friendly advice from personal and a few others issues:).........other than that bro it all looks nice and clean.....oh and i like the torpedo level:)........cant get more level than that:)lol........cant wait to see whaat you do with your P300:)

Welcome to the show West Virginia...LOL.

Chime in as you see fit and ask as many questions as you like. There are a lot of SME's that will get you where you want to be.

Hi Renegade,

Subbed your grow, I am a new grower of cannabis that loves to garden... just trying to pick up as much as I can, especially from the grows using leds (particularly Platinums). Thanks for letting us along for the ride. Crush it!

Renegade I certainly would not try and tell you about LEDs but even with a 48x3w small panel LED I put my babies at lease 3' from them for the first couple of weeks and for the most part let them grow into the lights... once they are strong enough to pot up and grow well of course I do what ever but when they are that fragile it is very easy to burn them very quickly with the intensity of the LEDs... Just my 2 cents and I over charged...:)....:circle-of-love:

Subscribed Renegade. :adore:

Strapped in, bong in hand and ready to rock & roll in your new journal. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Haha WV....i was with you.....:)lol....Thank you Peyton:)lol.......Hey Renegade...hope all is well with you and yours today:).......have you ever thought about trying the GLR gas light routine?.......i have used it for over a year now and am really impressed with the growth.....not more than 18/6, but not less in my opinion.......saves electricity as well:).....just thought i would ask:).....

LMAO...

My dear sweet Mrs Dennise....LOL. You and everyone else in the 420 community to can share your advice. And you as one of those who I consider in the SME class can chime in anytime....

I encourage all to share, newbie and SME alike. It helps me for reinforcement and the new guys can learn as they follow along. Remember it was all of you who made my previous attempts very successful.

I think it's called a "Forum"...not sure but I think so...LOL.

Me thinks I owe you some change...LOL.

Renegade I certainly would not try and tell you about LEDs but even with a 48x3w small panel LED I put my babies at lease 3' from them for the first couple of weeks and for the most part let them grow into the lights... once they are strong enough to pot up and grow well of course I do what ever but when they are that fragile it is very easy to burn them very quickly with the intensity of the LEDs... Just my 2 cents and I over charged...:)....:circle-of-love:

Ok so few comments before moving on...LOL.

I forgot to say that in my excitement to open my seeds I failed to see that the "Ultimate Purple" seeds are reg's....damit man. Not sure if that was an order mistake on my part or BC Bud Depot's part but you know I'll certainly look into it and give them a jingle if it's them.

With that said and because of all the excitement about the height of my light...LOL. I'm going to 12/12 after seedling. About a week run at 24. I'll do the best to top and train them out but pretty much let them run their course to the end.

I like this idea anyway since I've never seen a boy...LOL.

I always order fem's...well apparently not always...LOL.

And we'll move the P300 up to it's highest point. I don't recall the total height of the DIY but will measure and post later.

Ok so our update....

Dropped seeds in pod's on Wednesday night. 2 days later and we have 2 out of 3 cracking their shells. Purple #1 doesn't show anything but we have a few more days.

Input on gestation for the Purple #1...

Temp and RH highs and low's:
Air: 73-86
RH: 16-32

Res temp is 76 and PH is 6.9.

Yea, yea we'll begin to work on the RH when the lights move to 24 hours.

Gotta pop over to AN's site and see what the feeding schedule of the GMB product. First week nutrients will be "RapidStart" only. Second week half strength nute's and work my way up from there.

LED's highest point is 25". It will work just fine. The last 2 did. A little scare on the last run because the plant reached to within 6" of the light but no major issues...yea, I know I said that earlier...this is just for reinforcement.

Fudge...LOL.

So this is why I repeat for reinforcement...LOL.

I forgot where I got the UP from. I thought it was BC but can't find an invoice from them or any of the other sites I purchase from.

I can barely remember what I did yesterday or had for dinner. Hell sometimes I forget my own name...which is???...hum...LOL.

I guess "The lick's on Me"...LOL.

Sooo I repeat...make comments...ask questions...make suggestions...and please don't be afraid to chime in. I've been off point for a long time now and have thick enough skin that I can handle it...to a point...LOL.

I forgot to say that in my excitement to open my seeds I failed to see that the "Ultimate Purple" seeds are reg's....damit man. Not sure if that was an order mistake on my part or BC Bud Depot's part but you know I'll certainly look into it and give them a jingle if it's them.

Man time flies when you having fun...LOL. Wish that were the case....

But.....

I'm back and we're about to get this thing started....

So without any further adu.....

Pop'n....

Purple #1 bottom left
Ultimate Purple center
Blue Dream top right

Hope I don't get the order messed up...LOL.

First off the temp's and RH in the cabinet the last couple days were:
RH=22-34, currently 32
Air=72-81, currently 79

This is without any other source inside but the LED. The local outside temps have been in the 30's and the room temp was about 65-70.

The LED has been on an 18/6 schedule for the dry run and will go to 24 after tonight. I hope to use it's light to help keep my temp's and RH up. I have plans of a heat lamp and Titan controller in the next week or so but I have a little bit of time for now.

The water temp is currently 77 and the PH is 6.9. AN's PH balanced nutrients will be used this go round but will still monitor PH for testing and product confirmation.

The P300 will be at 6" for the seedling stage. Once past seedling I'll move it up to 12-18".

Still need to figure this out....low for the tighter node spacing then higher for the stretch and budding? Input....

Pics on the way....

I believe that you will have a proper blending of the different LED's spectrum at less then 12". I would not place your LED light panel close to new seedlings as the light intensity would be too harsh on seedlings that require less light. I would place your LED light panel 12"-18" from your seedlings minimum.

Thank you King for chiming in...LOL.

It's just that easy guys. Say crap that doesn't make sense and the 420'er's are here to keep us straight. Or at least honest...LOL.

Once they break pod's I will raise the LED up to 25" (my max). Then slowly drop down till I'm at 12-18. A couple inches every few days.

Another day or so and we should be able to take the dish off. I will go with 24 hour light for the first week and then straight to 12/12.

And we've finally decided on the nutrients.

We've always said AN's PH balanced nutrients...

Well we will go with their complete line of recommended nutes for the hobbiest.

The GMB base with the hobbist bundle and their Sensi Cal-Mag Extra. I will still use "Snow Storm" come bloom stage.

Btw...shelf life on nutrients kept in a cool dark place???

I believe that you will have a proper blending of the different LED's spectrum at less then 12". I would not place your LED light panel close to new seedlings as the light intensity would be too harsh on seedlings that require less light. I would place your LED light panel 12"-18" from your seedlings minimum.

This should have read "I believe that you will not have a proper blending of the different LED's spectrum at less then 12"."

LOL...we didn't even question it. We knew what you meant....

Good morning King and friends....

Peeked under the dishes and the "Blue Dream" has cleared the plug. The "Ultimate Purple" is about to and still nothing out of "Purple #1"....all from this point on will forever be called "BD", "UP" and "P1"....lol.

Will keep an eye on BD once she gets close to hitting the dish I'll remove it completely. Hopefully the other 2 will follow shortly. Once the first dish is removed the P300 will go up to 25".

Last night I noticed my temps peaked at 88 so I turn on 1 of the intake fans. So that game has started...LOL.

Ordering the "Titan 4" and nutrients this morning. I'll pay the extra on shipping to get it overnighted...

Other than that we're pretty excited to see some movement and things seem to be coming along as expected.

A last note on the P300....well not last just the last time we'll talk about distance during seedling...LOL. Firstly, remember I put it at 6" for gestation only. Once they cleared the plugs and dish were removed it was going up to an undetermined height.

I was attracted to the P300 for it's apparent brightness and strength. New toy...so it goes without saying that the first thought should have been at it's highest level till I got use to what it can do.

I want to reiterate the input that was needed to remind and reinforce this...thank you all.

There nuff said about the dam height at seedling...LOL.

Let's talk about height...before, during and after. How close for tighter nodes, how close for the stretch and how close for the bloom and final stages.

This should have read "I believe that you will not have a proper blending of the different LED's spectrum at less then 12"."

So lets talk about distance of the light for popping a seed....first......gothch:)lol:rofl:.....anyway:)lol.....Good morning my friend:)......i am gonn a look for it after i post this but B.real posted a chart he found for led distances at what stages......but that being said i keep my 148x3 top led reflector 16" from my tallest girls in veg....the lowest ones are almost 24".......i have yet to have a complaint with node spacing, plus thier are things you can do to promote closer nodes.....one i learned from LA and Skunny........taking the new growth....the new leaves.....and lightly pushing them to the sides and down a little to expose the newest growth in the very center.....also defol in veg promotes more branching.....i know you plan on 12/12 from pop so i dont know exactly how that would work....but B.real grows 12/12 from seed......so maybe question him some so you can get a few different opinions:).......ok....i am gonna go see if i can find that chart he posted.....brb:)

Back
Top Bottom