Renegade's BID Tribute Grow - Multi Strain

WAAAZZZUUUUUPPPPPPPP......LOL.

Yep, I practice tip spreading religiously. And yep, I got it from LA...LOL.

Now that we have that down pat I want to reach another understanding of distance to plant at different stages.

I played around the 12-18" mark last grow but we all know that had limits at 25". I did drop and raise the 12-18 mark a few times just to see the affect. Only had issues when she topped out at 6" from the top. Slight leaf curl was all I got. So now I know with my "Spider" I can't get any closer then 6".

And I'm a very big fan of defol. I had fun doing it during my flux attempt. Learned that one from King and Bassman59. Although I don't believe defol promotes new shots or branching as much as it opens up the lower to the light which thus promotes shoots because the nodes are getting more light. Huuummmm, well I guess in that way then yes, defol HELPS promote shoots and branching....anyone, anyone???

Dropping a reply on B.real's journal now... I do need input from someone running 12/12 from seedling.

And just for the record I want to go 12/12 right away because I want a short grow. No more than 90 days. Gotta change gears towards to the end because I want to get my seeds started for the spring and my attempt at a gorilla grow. Set it and forget it...LOL. I like that.

But I digress...LOL...

So lets talk about distance of the light for popping a seed....first......gothch:)lol:rofl:.....anyway:)lol.....Good morning my friend:)......i am gonn a look for it after i post this but B.real posted a chart he found for led distances at what stages......but that being said i keep my 148x3 top led reflector 16" from my tallest girls in veg....the lowest ones are almost 24".......i have yet to have a complaint with node spacing, plus thier are things you can do to promote closer nodes.....one i learned from LA and Skunny........taking the new growth....the new leaves.....and lightly pushing them to the sides and down a little to expose the newest growth in the very center.....also defol in veg promotes more branching.....i know you plan on 12/12 from pop so i dont know exactly how that would work....but B.real grows 12/12 from seed......so maybe question him some so you can get a few different opinions:).......ok....i am gonna go see if i can find that chart he posted.....brb:)

LOL...

Just grabbed it and made a note of the info...

Thank you my friend...and a great Saturday to you too...

Ok buddy.....this is a chart B.real made using the Black Dog Led sight:)
-----------veg-----bloom
135 watts 16" and 11"
240 watts 19" and 13"
340 watts 22" and 16"
595 watts 30" and 20"
750 watts 36" and 24"

Hope you find this useful:)....have a great Shatterday you two:)

Subbed, can't wait to these girls grow, been stalking u for a while lol.. I'm also in dwc although started in an aero same as you. Some great info on this site :)

I popped a Purple #1 a few weeks ago and it was the slowest to pop soil too... Broke Ass's still hasn't I think but mine took something like 6 days... I've never had one take that long and then it had it's hat on and I had to pull the membrane off.... She looks kinda scraggly right now but she is growing out of it and I think will sturdy on up... Keep the faith....:circle-of-love:

Thank you Dennise...

Keeping the faith it is.

Luckily they have separate domes on them so they should be ok to remain semi dark till they are ready.

The biggest problem then may be one growing faster then the rest. But we know how to control that...LOL.

I popped a Purple #1 a few weeks ago and it was the slowest to pop soil too... Broke Ass's still hasn't I think but mine took something like 6 days... I've never had one take that long and then it had it's hat on and I had to pull the membrane off.... She looks kinda scraggly right now but she is growing out of it and I think will sturdy on up... Keep the faith....:circle-of-love:

Welcom Shaun,

Hope you enjoy the show...LOL.

Another AG fan. Yep, just pulled my old one out of storage today. Gonna take it apart to make sure it still works. Need it for the spring thing...

Subbed, can't wait to these girls grow, been stalking u for a while lol.. I'm also in dwc although started in an aero same as you. Some great info on this site :)

17 Jan 15, Saturday...

So BD couldn't wait. Her head is turned up so we took the dome off and raised the LED to 25".

UP is still in the plug but can visibly see her turning her head up.

I had to dig into P1's plug and reseat her. She did crack her shell but still doesn't want to come out and play. Per Dennise, she had problems with her P1 and it didn't pop till the 6th day.

So day 1 for BD...

Keeping an eye on the other 2...

Nutrients ordered but won't arrive till Wednesday. May introduce "RapidStart" tomorrow in the mean time. Don't want to delay getting something to them....input???

18 Jan 15, Sunday, Week 1 of seedling...
Day 1 for UP (3 days to germ)
Day 2 for BD, Day 1 for UP...

Morning...
Air=81
RH=16
Res Temp=82

And now UP has turned her head up and the dome was removed this morning.

Day 1 for UP, she took 3 days to germ...

Both moved quick within the last 12 hours. Both are doing just fine. BD is already showing her first set (single leaf). The end of the seedling stage is when the second set of leafs begins.

I peeked under P1's dome and can now at least see a cracked shell. So she moves along at her own pace...LOL.

So we are officially in week 1 of seedling. Introducing some rooting nutrients today for the early starters. I will use GH's "RapidStart" till her first feeding of AN's nutrients.

1 week of seedling at 24 hours of light then straight to 12/12 next week and week 1 of feeding schedule. AN's nutrients will be here by Wednesday and will begin the schedule as planned.

And based on an RH of 16 we'll begin using the mister to get the RH up. Already up to 37 and climbing. Current air temp of 79.

Like before the chiller sucks. Removed the control module and the probe is now cold. DON'T purchase NovaTec chiller. Product sucks and customer support sucks.

Hi my friend,

Very impressed by your diy hydro, just a question, is there any possible roots injury while bathing in the juice @77F ? they will reach quickly the lower part of the juice tank.

Do you still have the cooler ?? (did it work one day ??)

And thanks to all for led high experience, i set 18' here and sometimes think to lower it, but should not.

Good job my friend, still a very :goodjob:

T.

Whats up Tad...

Thanks for the kind words...

Yes, 77 is a bother. Working on getting it down. So injury...I don't think so. Slow to mature maybe. But we had this problem in last couple grows and we got thru it. If I have to go the ice bottles I will. Very tedious to say the least.

Chiller really never worked proper. Failed within warranty period, called the seller and seller said not their problem, called manufacture and initially said they would help but never got any further response from them. Even after several emails...no response.

Hi my friend,

Very impressed by your diy hydro, just a question, is there any possible roots injury while bathing in the juice @77F ? they will reach quickly the lower part of the juice tank.

Do you still have the cooler ?? (did it work one day ??)

And thanks to all for led high experience, i set 18' here and sometimes think to lower it, but should not.

Good job my friend, still a very :goodjob:

T.

Good morning or afternoon rather Renegade:)......glad to hear the gals are moving along good......i use rapid start as well.....i use very little......i have a little bottle that you have to squeeze to get droplets out......i put 5 droplets into the aerogarden.....since i started a couple of seeds ago i have noticed more root developement....and quicker:).......good stuff in my opinion:)

18 Jan 15, 1903hrs...
Gently pulled the shell away from P1's seedling. Repositioned a bit lower in plug and replaced dome.

Next couple days will tell. Going to remove dome in the morning regardless of her status.

Won't get another update till Wednesday.

RH is at 54 with a high of 70 at one point. Seems to hang around 50-60 depending on how high the mister is. Currently it's on low. Excited about getting the T4 its gonna take another item off my plate. RH and cabinet temps...yea....

Res temps are down to 76. Slowly dropping but at least it's dropping.

Pics...

IMG_022842.JPG

IMG_022937.JPG

Ultimate Purple (UP)....

IMG_023039.JPG

IMG_023140.JPG

Blue Dream (BD)...

IMG_023250.JPG

IMG_023340.JPG

Next update on Wednesday...

We'll all have something to see since I will be out of town Monday and Tuesday...

And sorry about the pics. It's with the iPhone and it just takes terrible pics. The POS android takes better pics but the computer no longer recognizes it when plugged in.

Oh honey....I need an update phone....LOL.

And I'm a very big fan of defol. I had fun doing it during my flux attempt. Learned that one from King and Bassman59. Although I don't believe defol promotes new shots or branching as much as it opens up the lower to the light which thus promotes shoots because the nodes are getting more light. Huuummmm, well I guess in that way then yes, defol HELPS promote shoots and branching....anyone, anyone???

I believe that when a cannabis plant is defoliated in vegetative growth the growth is redirected to the nodes and branches exposed to higher amounts of light allowing us to selectively place new growth and bud sites.

And we've all successfully proved that when we practice this method.

I believe...LOL.

I believe that when a cannabis plant is defoliated in vegetative growth the growth is redirected to the nodes and branches exposed to higher amounts of light allowing us to selectively place new growth and bud sites.

Back
Top Bottom