Scoooter's Green Crack DWC LED First Grow - 2017

With the Z7 you could probably save the hydroguard for cloning in a bubbler, I use the Skunk Labs line and their ResClear is basically the same as hydroguard, only use it for the first 3 weeks of cloning in the bubbler and then its Z7 through out the grow.

I upped the rate to .75 ml per gal after the initial introduction with no problems, the only "build-up" I noticed was on my clear air lines that was not submerged, never caused any problems, and with the scrog it was not noticed until everything was chopped...kind of like the build-up that occurs on the outside if the smart pots.

With the Z7 you could probably save the hydroguard for cloning in a bubbler, I use the Skunk Labs line and their ResClear is basically the same as hydroguard, only use it for the first 3 weeks of cloning in the bubbler and then its Z7 through out the grow.

I upped the rate to .75 ml per gal after the initial introduction with no problems, the only "build-up" I noticed was on my clear air lines that was not submerged, never caused any problems, and with the scrog it was not noticed until everything was chopped...kind of like the build-up that occurs on the outside if the smart pots.

Ok thanks. I may try that over the next couple weeks. Water temp at 71-72 ok you think?

My £0.02 on water temps.
I can only speak from my extremely limited experience, but my DWC seems to be doing just fine and I have no idea what temp it is...I have never bothered to check. As long as the room is the right temp the res will quickly settle to just a few degrees lower than the ambient temperature in the room. Just my thoughts.

Depends on the size of your pump, bigger pumps get hotter.

Oooh good point. Mine runs pretty damn hot. 950 GPH 32W 60L/min

Plenty of air for 4 pots but maybe I should look at a couple smaller ones. I'm going to blow one of the outlets on my remote thermometer for awhile and see what the temp is. :)

420-magazine-mobile1346698125.jpg

Air Test:
Ok not exactly a controlled test but stuck my remote in the cup, opened the air valve and waited till the temp maxed out. Crazy Hot!. I'll get some tubing from work tomorrow and make a coil. Throw it in ice with the tube drawing from clean air outside the ice and see if that cools it. Maybe it will cool the buckets? Who knows. Thermal dynamics expert I am not lol.

IMG_54159.JPG

Day 20

Well I decided to do a little light LST on the girls. Nothing crazy. THe stems are very short and thick so I think it was a good time to introduce it. My no ice for 24 hrs. test shot the water temps to 73F so I'll continue with the ice. Gotta grab some lead fishing weights to add to the bottom of the bottles to try and keep them vertical in the water.

Other than that they are pretty happy. :)

IMG_54165.JPG

IMG_54189.JPG

IMG_54198.JPG

By the time you are in full flower I'll be amazed if you have any space between the roots to fit a bottle of ice in. Just a thought, my bucket is packed tight with a giant ball of roots. Its hard to get my PH pen in it .

Your plants look great though man keep doing your thing. Its coming on really nicely.

That's friggin funny. Yeah I was wondering how much water the roots displace when they are a full ball.

That's friggin funny. Yeah I was wondering how much water the roots displace when they are a full ball.
When I started mine off, a full res was 15L for me in the 20L bucket. Now I can only fit about 11-12L and then the root ball brings the level up to where I started out with 15L. Its kinda getting annoying for me now as I have to change the res so often and I'm scared to just add top ups and f*** it up. Still, having a giant plant that drinks through your nutes, I can think of worse problems to have...

Keep going at this rate and you're going to have some monsters on your hands. They are gonna blow your mind with how fast they grow.

Great job dude.

I'm running 2.54cm below the pot which is 11.35L (See how I converted to metric? :clap:) That would put mine around 8.3L. Guess I'll be topping off daily. From what I've read topping off is fine but check the PPM. PPM stays the same then the plant is drinking water not nutes. PPM drops then they are doing both which is preferred. Someone else can chime in on their methods but I don't think you need to go through that pain lol.

I'm running 2.54cm below the pot which is 11.35L (See how I converted to metric? :clap:) That would put mine around 8.3L. Guess I'll be topping off daily. From what I've read topping off is fine but check the PPM. PPM stays the same then the plant is drinking water not nutes. PPM drops then they are doing both which is preferred. Someone else can chime in on their methods but I don't think you need to go through that pain lol.

I can only measure EC not ppm but mine is always lower when I change out the res. Last week it had 2 changes both at 1.3EC initially, 1 finished up at 0.8 the other at 0.7. My tap water starts out at 0.3 EC if thats relevant. I am most likely going to up my nutes a decent bit this week though. Maybe up to 1.7EC as plant looks a tad on the hungry side.
The one issue with my method (well it might be an issue, not sure really, my plant seems ok) is that after 1-2 days atleast half my rootball is no longer in the water at all, its just suspended above it. Though the bubbles from the air pump splash it a little when they pop its not much...

And I appreciate the conversion to metric there. I would convert the EC to ppm, but wouldn't have the 1st clue about how to accurately do that.

Well if it's working for this grow then that's good. You could try something different next time. My meter switches between EC and PPM. There's two EC scales or something like that so I figure either works as long as you have your point of reference. Too bad you couldn't get a bit bigger pot with the same top size. An extra 4 liters would help a ton.

Back
Top Bottom