Second Grow - Michigan Medical Marijuana - 2009

since I know there is a lot of traffic through here... I was hoping someone could better inform me of some information I just read. It said that Sativa plants generally take about 16 weeks to maturely flower, is this true?

I guess I've always been under the assumption that milky white trichs = head high, and the later forming amber trichs = couch lock. Or am I just over thinking the whole thing and it really does take numerous weeks for sativas to become milky white, whereas indicas take roughly 8.

heck i got 1 Northern Lights cross that the big sun leaves have been sucked dry and fall off at 6 1/2 weeks and is almost totally brown haired. all trics are cloudy but no amber yet. the time it takes to go from cloudy to amber is when the buds swell and you get weight. but all the other NL crosses that i have take about 8 weeks. I have read that sativa dominate plants take longer to mature. now are you talking seed to finish. im just talking flowering cycle. i dont count the veg period.

Sorry to hear about the she-males but it sounds and looks like you have plenty of lovely ladies to work with. As always great job, and good luck with the more space.... I can only imagine what kind of damage you would do with that. Great job...

Sonzor, I tell ya...if we get a bigger space, I will start out right. I will start with upgrading the wiring first, with an additional panel, then run the ventilation, and finally drywall, tape seams and paint. It will be as close to hermetically sealed as I can get it. Seperate veg, grow and flower chambers. I will make a production line out of it. Thanks again my friend for stoppin by.:peacetwo:

Hey Bro.

Hope you had a great 420! I'd rep you again if I could, but big BUMP for spelling out something so simple, I can give this a go. I've been thinking about doing a little playing with dirt and I think what you've provided, I CAN DO!

Thanks GMT!
SF

My friend, I am glad you found the info useful. Nothin better than to see others succeed. I would add one more piece of info. Shake the water/nute bottles good, it will help to carry additional oxygen to the roots. Hope all goes well and you do a journal on your future soil grow. I would love to follow and see how it works out.:peacetwo:

since I know there is a lot of traffic through here... I was hoping someone could better inform me of some information I just read. It said that Sativa plants generally take about 16 weeks to maturely flower, is this true?

I guess I've always been under the assumption that milky white trichs = head high, and the later forming amber trichs = couch lock. Or am I just over thinking the whole thing and it really does take numerous weeks for sativas to become milky white, whereas indicas take roughly 8.

Yes, it is true. Sativa's take a bit longer to flower than indicas and indica/sativa crosses do. But still keep an I on the trichs for harvesting. The numbers given by the breeders is an "average". Some can take longer, some shorter.

Hope you do them in a journal brother, I am curious to see if they will be as nice a plant as ours have been. Easyiest strain we have grown so far.:peacetwo:

GMT When I first saw them in your journal I knew I had to grow some too. Yours have been outrageous.;)

For sure they will be in a Journal! You can see how they do in the great outdoors.:ganjamon:

LOL..Yep..all I have done is sink money into it so far. Haven't as had as much as a bite so far..

The wife and I don't have a boat, but we fish the low side of a dam right from shore, and last year we got hundreds of huge sunfish. We still have probably 20 lbs of fillets in the freezer. We went once a few weeks back, not a bump nor a fish to be seen as the weeds weren't growing yet. Once the weeds grow in, they stack in there like cordwood.

I finally got my veg cabinet up and running with 12 plants in it. I'm working on getting the flowering room up to par now. Progress is slow though because I've been not feeling so hot. I think it's the tramadol. I'll be so glad when production gets up to speed and we can smoke more than a couple hits per day which is just enough to take the edge off.

Hmmm... I wonder if I could find someone who'd be willing to barter some sunfish fillets for some meds.

Plants look good man, that powerkush looks very similar to mine. I had bud-rot issues with her though starting right at the end of flower. Went about 56 days and had a good 60-70% amber when she went down. RH was only low 30's high 20's. Just a heads up, not sure if it was something i did or if the strain just couldnt fight the mold but i thought i should let u know since yours is getting close

The wife and I don't have a boat, but we fish the low side of a dam right from shore, and last year we got hundreds of huge sunfish. We still have probably 20 lbs of fillets in the freezer. We went once a few weeks back, not a bump nor a fish to be seen as the weeds weren't growing yet. Once the weeds grow in, they stack in there like cordwood.

I finally got my veg cabinet up and running with 12 plants in it. I'm working on getting the flowering room up to par now. Progress is slow though because I've been not feeling so hot. I think it's the tramadol. I'll be so glad when production gets up to speed and we can smoke more than a couple hits per day which is just enough to take the edge off.

Hmmm... I wonder if I could find someone who'd be willing to barter some sunfish fillets for some meds.

Hah, we have fish comin out our ears...lol. My brother went north last weekend and brought home a cooler of paper mouths. 10-14 inches all! I hope you get to feeling better my friend.

Plants look good man, that powerkush looks very similar to mine. I had bud-rot issues with her though starting right at the end of flower. Went about 56 days and had a good 60-70% amber when she went down. RH was only low 30's high 20's. Just a heads up, not sure if it was something i did or if the strain just couldnt fight the mold but i thought i should let u know since yours is getting close

Thanks for the heads up bro. This is actually our third Power Kush clone. She is a slow grower and low yielder and probably won't be in our future grows for awhile. The buds are nice and dense, buzz is great, but not a big enough producer. MDVL just recieved her "bean" shipment in and so we are now up to ~2 dozen strains in the "seed bank". We have spent the last 3 days looking for land and houses for sale. Have found a few choice pieces we are going to attempt to purchase. The one we have our eyes on is 1976 SF, 4 bedroom, 3 bath modular home built in 1996. It also happens to sit on 43 acres of land surrounded by national forest. The asking price is $59,000.00. We hope to put half down and finance the rest(fingers crossed).

Thanks for the heads up bro. This is actually our third Power Kush clone. She is a slow grower and low yielder and probably won't be in our future grows for awhile. The buds are nice and dense, buzz is great, but not a big enough producer. MDVL just recieved her "bean" shipment in and so we are now up to ~2 dozen strains in the "seed bank". We have spent the last 3 days looking for land and houses for sale. Have found a few choice pieces we are going to attempt to purchase. The one we have our eyes on is 1976 SF, 4 bedroom, 3 bath modular home built in 1996. It also happens to sit on 43 acres of land surrounded by national forest. The asking price is $59,000.00. We hope to put half down and finance the rest(fingers crossed).

My power kush didnt turn out very dense but she was also pretty heat stressed the last 4 weeks of flower. tons and tons of buds but they are not dense at all. I filled a Qt. jar lastnight and barely weighed 12g. $59,000 4 bed 3 bath, thats a F'n deal man. in my neck of the woods i cant find decent forclosures with 3 bedroom 2 bath for under $180K and not even 1/10 the land. Goodluck with that bro, and keep up the goodwork in the garden. You got quite a system goin on :Rasta::roorrip:

Wow, I could not buy a 300 sf. garage for that out there. Sounds like a little piece of heaven. Good luck with your purchase. Oh the damage you could do with all that land, I can only imagine...

GMT thats kewl im going to be buying my house im renting now and it will run me around that and i only have about 3/4 acre. although, we love this house cause it has plenty of room. its 5/6 bedroom 2 bath but im putting in a second master bedroom upstairs and a full bath so this house will have 2 master bedrooms w/bathrooms. right now my roommate has the master bedroom on the first floor.(shes 55 years old and has a lot of medical problems and cant walk up and down the stairs a lot) the upstairs room im making into a bedroom is about 40' x 20' with a vaulted ceiling and 2 skylights. im going to make the bathroom have only an eight foot wall and open ceiling with crown molding. but i got to make money first :)

beetle

Mannnn, 43 acres? I would love to have that much land. Just checking in bro, or should I say PRO. Ha I remember when you first started, all full of questions. You've got growing down to an art man. Sampling any of your crop would be glorious. That and I would get really really high. ;)

My power kush didnt turn out very dense but she was also pretty heat stressed the last 4 weeks of flower. tons and tons of buds but they are not dense at all. I filled a Qt. jar lastnight and barely weighed 12g. $59,000 4 bed 3 bath, thats a F'n deal man. in my neck of the woods i cant find decent forclosures with 3 bedroom 2 bath for under $180K and not even 1/10 the land. Goodluck with that bro, and keep up the goodwork in the garden. You got quite a system goin on :Rasta::roorrip:

Our Power Kush was heat stressed as well, and hermied on us. Been pullin seeds off her as she gets to finish here soon. We have found lots of places with 3 bed/1-2 bath modulars on anywhere from 2.5 up to 12 acres, most for under $50,000 grand. We are trying to either outright purchase, or put $20,000 down so our payments including taxes and insurance, would be around $300 per month. Thanks for the kind words brother. :thumb:

Wow, I could not buy a 300 sf. garage for that out there. Sounds like a little piece of heaven. Good luck with your purchase. Oh the damage you could do with all that land, I can only imagine...

Hey my friend, good to see ya stop in. Ya, property prices are down around here, so if ya have the funds, you can pick up some good deals. We want to be up north a bit, maybe an hour or so north of here, so that we can have some privacy and room to grow!....lol. We have looked at som,e nice places so far. One is 6 years old, made of log ends, is a 3 bed/1 bath with 3 stall matching garage with 12 foot ceilings. Both house and garage have steel roofs as well. It sits on 4 acres of land, not to shabby, but not big enough property to sustain a wood burner for heating and hot water. Stay safe brother, and keep up the great grows.

Oh! Man! GMT Buy that sucker if you can! It sounds perfect:grinjoint:

I couldn't even imagine what that would cost here. :smokin:

Hah!, thats the difference between livin on an island and livin on a peninsula. We even have more beaches than you bro, but ours are covered with white snow instead of white sand for 4-5 months of the year...lol. And folks around here are used to being able to walk on water for 3-4 months...lol, albeit frozen water. See, sell your stuff and move to MI, you would be able to pick up a great deal on houses with land. Then you could battle bambi and bunny's eatin your outdoor crops. ^420 brother, keep up the great job on your new grow and thanks for stoppin in my friend.

Back
Top Bottom