Sense Amelia's First Pop At Indoor Soil Grow

A supercrop would stall that stretch a bit. It would also more than likely divert some of that stretching energy into bushing out the other growth (correct me if I'm wrong). It deffinitely won't hurt anything. But, just leaving it grow naturally won't hurt anything either.

Again no expert here, but I did crop one of my four and while it does have four main colas, they are significantly smaller than the colas on the other three plants. There again, maybe I'm not doing it right

Do not be scared as I super cropped by accident on my first grow and all went well. Check the link in my siggy. I believe the super crop accident took place around page 8-10

Here's a pic of the NewberCropping job I did on my main stem a few days ago. This was the 2nd bend I've ever done. The first one was done @ 2 minutes before. :)

DSCF01032.JPG

And here is the top

DSCF00967.JPG

scared the bejeezus out of me when it did that splitty thing! Top was shooting back up at the light the next day!

But it's your call! Don't do it if you're not comfortable. No one is going to chide you and if they do they're a dick!
It's YOUR grow. :)

:peace:

K

Yeah the splitting is a bit much. You only want to soften the stalks not split them. That could cause death.

Yeah the splitting is a bit much. You only want to soften the stalks not split them. That could cause death.

And another lesson is learned by this Padawan. :)

Yeah you just need to roll them to the point where they become soft and fall over.

Well the stretch is quite an issue because these are 8-14 week flowering ladies although I am pretty hopeful by week 9 of flowering they could be "cooked" So for this reason, I think it ought to be done. Its their next nute watering tomorrow so an hour or so after that I will begin the operations so their stems are less likely to split or damage beyond what I am aiming for. Thanks again for all your comments and input. :Namaste:

Glad I was able to help. Just remember to roll them gently and add some pressure just to get to the point of getting them to bend.

My later bends were much better. Takes a few to get the feel methinks. Maybe practice on a tomato plant if you don't want to risk any shoots. I lost one little top out of the 6 or 7 stems I bent, but I think it had more to do with my failed splint job than anything.

Amelia, if I remember correctly from school, we bend before we water, plants are more flexible before watering. I tried to find some info but not able. All those binders of notes, expriments, and studies.......gone, I was just glad to get it done and stored them and they are in the wind now. Anyhow, I did alot of experimenting on my first crops and I'm still doing some and trying to apply what I've learned so far, just go for it, we will learn. I'm lucky, I'm not hard pressed to have a great harvest, and I can keep my supply til I get better at growing. ( but my outdoor crop did kick butt )! ( :

Hi Mcloadie. I am sure the plant is more supple and pliable after a watering but it does not matter. My other half is not comfortable with me bending (supercropping) the main stems on our plants so I have said let's leave them alone altogether then, no point in SC'ing other areas and not the main stem as it's the main stem that really NEEDS bending to control height................

I actually think we should have done this alot sooner. The main stems are just too thick to do this on. So... back to good old fashioned string to bend them, manipulate them, to try and control height. Just don't wanna risk possibly hurting them by supercropping now at this stage!

Well, did not go ahead with the SC'ing. Just couldn't do it to them at this stage. So... a little more tying, and some defoliating of some more of those yellowing leaves. I see it is only fan leaves which are doing this, and the stems of those fan leaves are almost purple(?) strain specific thing, I dunno. These are called "Custard Cream" and I know nothing about them.

The light is 14 inches away from them.

SDC11634_pe.jpg

SDC11625_pe2.jpg

SDC11628_pe.jpg

SDC11620_pe.jpg

SDC11632_pe.jpg

SDC11637_pe.jpg

SDC11636_pe.jpg

SDC11635_pe.jpg

SDC11647_pe.jpg

SDC11650_pe.jpg

SDC11646_pe.jpg

SDC11639_pe.jpg

SDC11645_pe.jpg

SDC11633_pe.jpg

SDC11629_pe.jpg

SDC11627_pe.jpg

SDC11624_pe.jpg

SDC11623_pe.jpg

SDC11621_pe.jpg

These shots (although blurry) without flash, show the yellowing leaves.

SDC116191.JPG

SDC116181.JPG

Back
Top Bottom