Share your ways to increase resin production

King Joe 83 thank you for stopping by always great to have people on the new threads

Joe or king is cool sir . Any time you've been a great and very helpful to a lot of us . So thank you . I love learning. But love getting the max of my girls

No, just you cause your special .

Hey suntana nice to see you around here bud what are your thoughts on increasing resin bud?

Hey suntana nice to see you around here bud what are your thoughts on increasing resin bud?

I use W8 throughout flower, I like to keep my temps cooler 75 F and I back my lights off. All strains will be different as well. Ive grown some that did not have huge frost but would cripple you when smoked lol. Stress your plants if you want stronger terpenes, crumple some leaves up in your hand. Terpenes and frost are protection, defence mechanisms of the plant. IR and UV light is a well known way of increasing trichomes as well.

I use W8 throughout flower, I like to keep my temps cooler 75 F and I back my lights off. All strains will be different as well. Ive grown some that did not have huge frost but would cripple you when smoked lol. Stress your plants if you want stronger terpenes, crumple some leaves up in your hand. Terpenes and frost are protection, defence mechanisms of the plant. IR and UV light is a well known way of increasing trichomes as well.

Well geesh don't hold back or anything lol

Well said so the sun wins for it and uv .

Ok- right, got a plan for the 2 ft tall max plants.
I've been doing this to kinda keep and eye on root development & it works well to keep plants short & bushy:
420-magazine-mobile206351927.jpg

Look closely, you'll see the roots. These are the 1/2 pop bottle pots

420-magazine-mobile1048669784.jpg

3/4 pop bottle pots. You just poke lots of holes in it to ensure drainage. The wool thread worked through the top is for lst....
They obviously don't get to giant ize, but i'll measure the bigger vegging ones, maybe i can flip one of them? .

What are your yields normally and when we go to run or many plants you're more than welcome to join
Dude... i was wondering if someone was going to ask.....
It's always something weird that keeps me from weighing after harvest. Mostly, meds need to be made & i just grab everything i have & make 'em. Or i give away half to someone while i'm still harvesting, or one time (DRY SUMMER) i had to chuck a bunch away cause of mold.
I do weigh what i have before they go in the curing jars, but i alwaus lose the f#$* piece of paper i write it down on.... somewhere between 2 - 4 lbs per plant....

The cooler temps - is it a way to make your plants believe it's autumn? I could see that working rather well... probably a gradual decrease in temp, not just obernight?
Did an outdoor winter grow, and the girls were a fair bit frostier than normal (summer).....

There's a couple ways to do this normally when you cut down 3/4 of your weight is water so you can always way and then divide to get your close to your dry weight another thing that I need you is on all morning jars I have a piece of tape label strain the day I put it into curing and how much it weighed when I put it in the jar and as water evaporates I can mark it on the jar or as I smoke it

There's a couple ways to do this normally when you cut down 3/4 of your weight is water so you can always way and then divide to get your close to your dry weight another thing that I need you is on all morning jars I have a piece of tape label strain the day I put it into curing and how much it weighed when I put it in the jar and as water evaporates I can mark it on the jar or as I smoke it

iv worked on this twice now and got the same result so i stick by my weighing but please this is only how iv done it, im sure someone will have different.

2-3 days before i cut my plants i starve them of water, then after iv cut and trimmed i weigh each pile of bud into 100g piles.

after a few days of drying i come back and jar them at 30g, i burp them for up to 6 weeks and at the end im left with 23g to 27g of cured bud, iv done it twice and got the same weight roughly from every pile/jar.

they are also stored in a dark draw to stop direct light degrading thc.

hope this can help anyone.

Fed my girls molasses & epsom salts at about noon. The leaves all have serious ... erm, dunno how else to say it... erections. Seriously stiff & quivering in the breeze....

Merry Anne I'm not sure if the question was for me so I will answer just in case. The plants I'm growing now are from seeds. I will be taking clones next week and putting the plants from seed into flower. Then I can play with the clones a bit once I get them back under the good light. I will eventually set up a dedicated place for veg and flower. But right now I only have the one area. I will be keeping my clones under 4 t12's until the seed plants finish flowering.

Merry Anne I'm not sure if the question was for me so I will answer just in case. The plants I'm growing now are from seeds. I will be taking clones next week and putting the plants from seed into flower. Then I can play with the clones a bit once I get them back under the good light. I will eventually set up a dedicated place for veg and flower. But right now I only have the one area. I will be keeping my clones under 4 t12's until the seed plants finish flowering.
Man. Starting of from scratch sucks. It's bloody fantastic when you can finally breathe again, you know, when everything doesn't HAVE to work, no place to take a chance... yup, i'm NEVER stopping growing weed, cause starting out from scratch again is not something i'd like to repeat ever again in my life.

Man. Starting of from scratch sucks. It's bloody fantastic when you can finally breathe again, you know, when everything doesn't HAVE to work, no place to take a chance... yup, i'm NEVER stopping growing weed, cause starting out from scratch again is not something i'd like to repeat ever again in my life.
You got that right! And forward I go...lol

It's going to be very entertaining when you get a chance to actually start playing with your clones experimenting doing different things seen what helps and seen what doesn't

Back
Top Bottom