Interrogation Techniques On Cannabis

Good morning Happy. Nice experiment you have going. That poor plant with the vampire stakes in it is like WTF????

Haha

NTH
As you see I was nice about it....no other areas damaged. Used a clean pointed scapel to break through and then stuck picks in. I did this last night around 6:30 p.m and after 13 hours the plant doesn't look effected negatively.....maybe she likes the staking :laugh:

IMG_20220426_060721302.jpg

There's an old saying: "What doesn't kill you, will only make you stronger".

I wonder if than applies to plants too? :rofl:
Tok..
Haha it might.... I mean it should.... When you top you basically cut the "head" off which would kill anything else...(except worms,roaches and chickens) and then it goes all hydra and sprouts double each time....like in the movie Hercules :laugh:

What's funny is not only us (420 Magazine), but all the experiments we are doing today have probably already been done before, and poorly documented, or no documentation at all. .

So, it is our job to document this stuff to answer future questions.

This is the same thing I am doing with light manipulation. One grow does not answer all the questions, so multiple grows under the same control condition are needed to answer these questions to make an informed opinion. I think light manipulation has potential, but more needs to be learned.

Hey all, good Sunday funday morning.... I'm up with my espresso and a bowl sitting here reading reading reading as usual lol. So Ive been reading into pre-harvest stress techniques that claim to boost trichome and resin production at the end of flowering such as :
*Droughting to finish last 7-10 days.

*Stem splitting last 1-2 weeks of flower.

*Reduced light and temperature.

*Ice water treatment before 2 days before dark period.

*48-72 hours of darkness before chop.

All of these have varying testimonials, as some say it's snake oil and that it doesn't work at all if anything harms the plant and slows growth/production, which would mean possible smaller yield, less flavor full buds, etc...(<= I can see this point). And then others swear by it saying the damage done to the plant or stressors inflicted are beneficial in forcing the plant to ramp up thrichome/resin production in effort to "protect itself", which both contain THC and flavonoids..which we all strive to get the maximum in our budz right?...(<= so again I also see this point)..Both parties have people who have been growing for years and are heavily experienced....so who's right? Have they tried all techniques together....are they done singly?...is there a order in which to execute the techniques? All I know is that there is limited information on all these with the exceptions of droughting and the temp/light schedule drop... I'm close with one of my girls like two weeks out and I'm leaning heavy on trying at least one of these on her.... I'm not worried about the damage that could be done as she's almost finished anyways...

FYI- I'm asking if anyone knows anything or had done similar, not if it's a good idea or not.....so thanks in advanced.:Namaste:
All are "stress" related techniques as mentioned - heard some negative things about ice treatment before harvest waht about 'supercropping"- south america cultivator use this to increase the plants output, also resuced temps before harvest does increase colors - like to reduce water intake

All are "stress" related techniques as mentioned - heard some negative things about ice treatment before harvest waht about 'supercropping"- south america cultivator use this to increase the plants output, also resuced temps before harvest does increase colors - like to reduce water intake
Yea I did a little "super cropping" on another one of my plants to open her up... She was standing straight up and all stems were touching...so a bit of a roll and pinch of the lower parts of the stem and a slight bend back fixed the over crowding.

Hi Happy sorry it took me so long to get over here. I have tried most of these:

*Droughting to finish last 7-10 days - All of my 2nd grow plants were droughted for the last 11 days., then watered, then chopped within 3 days.
*Stem splitting last 1-2 weeks of flower. - I haven't tried this yet but I am interested in hearing more about it.
*Reduced light and temperature - I reduced temperatures in the last two weeks of my 2nd grow, especially at night.
*Ice water treatment before 2 days before dark period - Not yet because I was able to lower temps in other ways.
*48-72 hours of darkness before chop. - I have done 36 hours darkness/cool temps before the chop for all my grows

So now the kicker; I have no idea if any of this has helped or hurt. I understand the science behind these stresses for the plant and, since most are done in the last week/days there is very little downside (that I know of). I would LOVE to see more science on all of these, though.

Hi Happy sorry it took me so long to get over here. I have tried most of these:

*Droughting to finish last 7-10 days - All of my 2nd grow plants were droughted for the last 11 days., then watered, then chopped within 3 days.
*Stem splitting last 1-2 weeks of flower. - I haven't tried this yet but I am interested in hearing more about it.
*Reduced light and temperature - I reduced temperatures in the last two weeks of my 2nd grow, especially at night.
*Ice water treatment before 2 days before dark period - Not yet because I was able to lower temps in other ways.
*48-72 hours of darkness before chop. - I have done 36 hours darkness/cool temps before the chop for all my grows

So now the kicker; I have no idea if any of this has helped or hurt. I understand the science behind these stresses for the plant and, since most are done in the last week/days there is very little downside (that I know of). I would LOVE to see more science on all of these, though.
Hey thanks budman, I appreciate you stopping over to this madness lol. But yea that's my thought as well as I'm close to end anyways so in theory I cannot mess up my supply.

I prolly will not get much of sure results from this as they are all different... So I'm thinking my best interest grow out one of these photos....take 3 clones and then do my experimenting on the three identical plants. This way I can have a side by side comparison to see if one or multiple techniques have an impact on development.

Hey thanks budman, I appreciate you stopping over to this madness lol. But yea that's my thought as well as I'm close to end anyways so in theory I cannot mess up my supply.

I prolly will not get much of sure results from this as they are all different... So I'm thinking my best interest grow out one of these photos....take 3 clones and then do my experimenting on the three identical plants. This way I can have a side by side comparison to see if one or multiple techniques have an impact on development.
The problem is 3 clones is only three clones. You will never know *for sure* which factor out of so many was the one that made that one plant better (or worse - or maybe even both). You can do the same grow with 3 clones from the same mother over and over, and your answers are gonna look a little different each time. Some plants want a little more of this.... or less of that, and 3 plants is way too small of a pool to actually answer the questions.

The problem is 3 clones is only three clones. You will never know *for sure* which factor out of so many was the one that made that one plant better (or worse - or maybe even both). You can do the same grow with 3 clones from the same mother over and over, and your answers are gonna look a little different each time. Some plants want a little more of this.... or less of that, and 3 plants is way too small of a pool to actually answer the questions.
Hey thank you for chiming in. I am aware that it would take large scale...over the course of some time like months maybe years....with multiple grows exactly the same to get real results. But it never hurts to venture forth and see how things play out first hand....even if no trich boost, resin boost, or extra swollen nugz, I will still be able to see how autos respond to invasive stress at the least since they are toted as "sensitive" to everything.:)

As you see I was nice about it....no other areas damaged. Used a clean pointed scapel to break through and then stuck picks in. I did this last night around 6:30 p.m and after 13 hours the plant doesn't look effected negatively.....maybe she likes the staking :laugh:

IMG_20220426_060721302.jpg
Nice garden brother, serious flowers. Sorry it took so long to get here, beautiful job

Nice garden brother, serious flowers. Sorry it took so long to get here, beautiful job
Hey old G good mornin...hope all is well with you... This is my "torture" thread lol only stuff going on here is craziness.
But if you want to see my garden, it is in the hazmat Happy Hut link below which is close to finish.

There are as many tricks as there are people who believe that it's voodoo mojo to make it all better than what you grew.... Wait, just exposing them to "x" will make them better, hmmm. One would think that if there was one specific thing to do, everyone would do it. Simple, "kiss" keep it simple suka'. If you at the end, just rejoice in what you already accomplished! Have fun and grow on!!!

I took a Hippocratic oath when I started growing this magical plant. Not really, but that's where I'm coming from. For reasons not understood, plants respond to "good vibes," for example, good music. They also respond to structured water. Our thoughts and emotions have been scientifically proven to have effects not only on other living things, but on non-living objects. An experiment was published in 2020, The Dynamics of Plant Nutation, that showed climbing bean plants will "seek out" a pole to climb on, when there is a pole in the grow "tent". When there isn't, they just sweep around in a regular, circular fashion. When there is a pole, their sweep becomes elliptical toward the pole, until they connect with the pole and wrap around it. How do they "know"? Here's a cool time-lapse video of the experiment (with the pole present). Apparently the researchers have yet to determine how the plant "knows" how to do this. In 2021, one of the experiment's authors wrote, they have not yet discovered any "...sensory information the climbing bean exploits in guiding nutation...." This is from a cutting-edge scientific article, Consciousness and cognition in plants, 2021.

After watching & listening to Dr. Bruce Bugbee at Apogee Instruments regarding a dark period. There will be no more bro science dark period for my plants before harvest...

Instead I'm going to give them more light :)

search "plant science 101" at the u toob site...it's the second video and the information regarding dark period starts at about the 37 minute mark
@Bill284 @Growings @Krissi1982 @Tokin Roll @Paul Squiggle @7Dust2 @LKABudMan @Ganja Droid 420 @Grand Daddy Black @VetSmoke85 @RedskinnedRhino @HPS Only @InTheShed

Just to name a few....you guys are some I follow and take notes from your grows so I'd like your personal experiences if you have any. ....pretty please with a nug on top

Hi

After watching & listening to Dr. Bruce Bugbee at Apogee Instruments regarding a dark period. There will be no more bro science dark period for my plants before harvest...

Instead I'm going to give them more light :)

search "plant science 101" at the u toob site...it's the second video in my search results and the information regarding dark period starts at about the 37 minute mark

Back
Top Bottom