Shiggity Goes Mad Scientist: Paving The Yellowbrix Road With DIY Adventures!

Sounds like fun. I'll light the first one. :lot-o-toke:

Cheers.

Three pages in already and no one took you up on this Ditch? We can't have that now, can we?

:passitleft: Been a loooong day. :passitleft:

Quite the crowd Shiggity. Obviously Mad Scientist goes over well around here. :battingeyelashes:

Hey Shiggs

Interesting stuff I love your light especially.
Exact my thoughts on how LED should be build.
No narrow clusters or hot COB´s, but spread even over the hole grow.
I miss some more warm white LED´s in your setup so
660W 42" x 44" for 4x4 :love: not diy
P_20170327_004402.jpg

Subbed. Great to see you back in the game Shiggs, that black dog can be a mofo. Looking forward to the madness.

Subbed in, cant wait to see what the Mad scientist brews up in the lab. That outdoor planter box looks awesome but I don't really understand how it works. If theres an air barrier between the soil and water level then how does the soil ever wick water up?

See in the center? That is a pipe turned vertical packed with soil. It will be the bridge from water to the rest of the soil. Not in the diagram but in my tub. In the diagram they pack the exterior of the tubes with soil which I didn't want to do. Too much mucky soil that way in my newb opinion.
420-magazine-mobile1191707024.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1135692787.jpg

Several years ago, a friend built all of his outdoor raised beds with a similar self-watering system. It worked out so well that I've been planning to try it. I like that yours is portable, though.

Question?
How do the outer tubes in the reservoir connect to the center tube?

Have you seen the earthbox wick system, I believe they put it in the corners, just thinking outloud here. I dont think it matters much.
I am going to have to live vicariously thru your SIP build I dont see me making one anytime soon, really want to try one someday.
:ciao:

Question?
How do the outer tubes in the reservoir connect to the center tube?

Have you seen the earthbox wick system, I believe they put it in the corners, just thinking outloud here. I dont think it matters much.
I am going to have to live vicariously thru your SIP build I dont see me making one anytime soon, really want to try one someday.
:ciao:

The outer tubes have holes in the sides. They are the ventilated drainage tubes. The center tube has holes in the sides too and is filled with soil mix. So the soil mix will be soaked and wick up in the center. My buddy has those earth boxes, yeah they have the wicks in the corners. I have seen it done both ways. But I figure the center will be fine and it is a nice and wide wick. We will see!!

Random work and a little trimming every day. Here is Dynastygenetics megafauna. She's all lavender purple and smells like Froot Loop Haze.
420-magazine-mobile1584557795.jpg

Back
Top Bottom