Shottafire's Basement Bonanza Dual 600's Perpetual

I am starting my new journal here at 420. Its great to be back from a little hiatus. Been a busy month for me.

So anyways I recently moved from my previous residence and happened to find a place with a dank and musty (moldy) basement. I had to do a lot of concrete patch and painted all the walls with drylok waterproofing paint. During the repairs and setup the plants were left in less than ideal conditions and they picked up some sort of powdery mildew or other kind of mold. Whatever it is it is gross and I am not happy with it.

But I am confident I will be able to overcome this issue with some of your guys help.

So I am running two blockbuster 6 inch hoods air cooled. 5000 BTU window ac with manual controls. 45 pint dehumidifier running 24/7 to keep basement humidity in check.

Tanked c02 on a timer for now until I could drop 500 on a setpoint controller.

This first couple of rounds will be done in soil eventually i would like to fll the basement with an ebb and gro type system and add two more 600 watt lights.

Right now I have my veg tent in the basement with a 400 watt cooltube for the vegging plants and a 125 watt flourescent adjusta wing for my two mothers.

My room is perfectly controlled staying at 76-81 with lights on and 68-75 lights off. I will run it a little colder at night for the end of flowering.

I am going to be posting pictures of the full set up tonight and will be updating as frequent as possible.

any feedback on the powdery mildew. I have tried mildew cure one time on one plant and a neem sparay with dish soap and baking soda on another. I had better results using the neem spray I made.

Anyways I am glad to be back and looking forward to another fun filled journal here at :420:

This is a group project with my wife and my brothers whom live with me at the moment..
All of us are patients but they need assistance in growing there medicine.

If you glue some 1.5 inch foam insulation boards over your block walls, then stud, insulate and drywall your walls. This will eliminate most of your problems. It will lessen the need to dehumidify considerably. Lot of work but I just thought I would throw that in there. Its well worth it if you plan on keeping the place for awhile.

Thanks puffpuff! I have my humidity problems undercontrol but I think this will make my dehuey work less. So I might have to go back to work down there. I will have pics tonight misplaced my camera on top of the fridge and could not find it for the life of me.

Thanks for the link and tip.
+ reps to you

Here are the pics I have been lagging on. This is a basement grow and I hope I can make it a successful grow. It is all a new environment to me though.

In the process of moving these plants went through a lot of stress. I almost had to scrap the grow due to mold and start over but I seemed to have knocked out the mold. I am crossing my fingers It never pops back up. I have been working in there many late nights trying to fight it so all the hard work is paying off.

Heres a pic of the agent orange. Taken a few days ago.
cinco_de_mayo_moon_and_garden_052.JPG

A view of the room if you have any questions or tips hit me up
cinco_de_mayo_moon_and_garden_034.JPG

One thing I learned is to always have your wires nice and organized makes life easier and saves you from a trip and fall!!lol
cinco_de_mayo_moon_and_garden_038.JPG

A look at the a/c and fan cooling the dual 6's
Quick question: How much air do you think the window A/C unit actually exhausts? I have heard that they do not exhaust much but I was not so sure of the information.
cinco_de_mayo_moon_and_garden_048.JPG

pulled back view of the entrance and stairway with my work bench in the back
cinco_de_mayo_moon_and_garden_042.JPG

work bench
cinco_de_mayo_moon_and_garden_046.JPG

veg tent
cinco_de_mayo_moon_and_garden_037.JPG

mothers and small rooted clones awaiting transplant
cinco_de_mayo_moon_and_garden_051.JPG

mothers agent orange and another I am going to call unknown
agent right
unknown left
cinco_de_mayo_moon_and_garden_049.JPG

veg tent ballast and fan cooling the ballast and some more shelves to keep things off the ground
cinco_de_mayo_moon_and_garden_044.JPG

Any feedback is much appreciated. peace and happy growing everyone
:tokin:

Man I am glad I found this, you shouldv'e come by and mentioned you had the new journal up! Looking great and the ACs put off a sh!t load of hot exhaust air. At least the few I have used do and they drip from the reat from all the condenstaion so you might want to look for something for that. Can't wait to see your Agents take off again! :thumb:
Hope the move went smooth for you and glad you are back!

Also if you ever have PM again, use the skim milk 1 part to 9 parts water. It was documented in GoldenGoose's journal. He grows outside in the hills and gets it towards the later stages of flower.

Hope some of this helps.

:peace: and see you around.

I can't wait tell I add co2.., but there are a few more upgrades for me to get first. How hard was it to set the co2 up?
It is quite simple to setup. I am just using a timer on for 15 minutes every hour. Not sure of my ppm levels but the boost in growth my plants are having is obvious.

I am starting my new journal here at 420. Its great to be back from a little hiatus. Been a busy month for me.

So anyways I recently moved from my previous residence and happened to find a place with a dank and musty (moldy) basement. I had to do a lot of concrete patch and painted all the walls with drylok waterproofing paint. During the repairs and setup the plants were left in less than ideal conditions and they picked up some sort of powdery mildew or other kind of mold. Whatever it is it is gross and I am not happy with it.

But I am confident I will be able to overcome this issue with some of your guys help.

So I am running two blockbuster 6 inch hoods air cooled. 5000 BTU window ac with manual controls. 45 pint dehumidifier running 24/7 to keep basement humidity in check.

Tanked c02 on a timer for now until I could drop 500 on a setpoint controller.

This first couple of rounds will be done in soil eventually i would like to fll the basement with an ebb and gro type system and add two more 600 watt lights.

Right now I have my veg tent in the basement with a 400 watt cooltube for the vegging plants and a 125 watt flourescent adjusta wing for my two mothers.

My room is perfectly controlled staying at 76-81 with lights on and 68-75 lights off. I will run it a little colder at night for the end of flowering.

I am going to be posting pictures of the full set up tonight and will be updating as frequent as possible.

any feedback on the powdery mildew. I have tried mildew cure one time on one plant and a neem sparay with dish soap and baking soda on another. I had better results using the neem spray I made.

Anyways I am glad to be back and looking forward to another fun filled journal here at :420:

This is a group project with my wife and my brothers whom live with me at the moment..
All of us are patients but they need assistance in growing there medicine.

Might I suggest a Flo n Gro system :)

Man I am glad I found this, you shouldv'e come by and mentioned you had the new journal up! Looking great and the ACs put off a sh!t load of hot exhaust air. At least the few I have used do and they drip from the reat from all the condenstaion so you might want to look for something for that. Can't wait to see your Agents take off again! :thumb:
Hope the move went smooth for you and glad you are back!

Also if you ever have PM again, use the skim milk 1 part to 9 parts water. It was documented in GoldenGoose's journal. He grows outside in the hills and gets it towards the later stages of flower.

Hope some of this helps.

:peace: and see you around.

Thanks for checking in Msquared. I installed my a/c wrong to begin with started leaking back into the room so I reinstalled it at a slight angle so it drips out the back not back into the room. hahaha. If I only would start reading the directions for things I probably would have installled it properly to start with.

The move has gone good for the grow I focused on that first so I could get the room dialed in. This week me myself and I will move the big stuff out of our place and into the new home. My wife cant really help at the moment due to her being pregnant. so lucky me gets to do the whole move. I hate moving aghhhgh!

Thanks for the tip on the PM too. I am going to try this next time. I used the neem baking soda dish soap thing and it worked out really well.

Thanks for cruising by M. It should get interesting real soon.

Might I suggest a Flo n Gro system :)

I want to do a flo and gro down there soo bad. I just need the money for the brain/ control bucket and the rest I would build myself.
I know that the yield is superior with those bucket systems. Just get worried about things going wrong. might do a waterfarm or two down there just to the side. I never ran a dwc setup before so I want to know the ins and outs before I dive in.

If I do a flo and gro type system you better believe I will be asking all the dwc guys tons of questions.

Thanks for cruising by and checking in A1..
KEEPEMGREEN

In only 1 week that is really a big difference! Glad to hear you got the AC sorted out :thumb:
Keep it up and GOOD luck with the move and pregnancy! Is this your first?

:peace:

@MSquared This is my first and I am excited to say the least. I am pretty impressed with the growth as well. I also noticed they are a little hungrier for nutes now. so what I was normally feeding my agent orange was a little light and had to bump my ppms up some.

Now I have to go move a ancient solid wood dresser and Not looking forward to it. Im actually going to wear a back brace for once im 30 now and want to try and be a active and fun dad that is not crippled from a bad back lol.

Back
Top Bottom