Shottafire's - Bubba OG Sealed Medical Grow in Sunshine #4

Re: Shottafire's -BUBBA OG sealed medical grow in sunshine #4

If u can do a 10 on a controller more is always better. Ull have a lot more control over temps that way but an 8 should be more than dandy

I love bubba! Stuff really knocks me for a loop more than other strains. No idea why but I'm subbed.

Nice to have you AK1. Been awhile but glad to be back to see some familiar 420 family

Things should get interesting really soon.

If u can do a 10 on a controller more is always better. Ull have a lot more control over temps that way but an 8 should be more than dandy

That is what I thought too. Like my mini split its a 12000 btu should have opted for the 18,000 or even the 24,000.

Always go a little bigger when it comes to air circulation and environment I guess.

Hey shottafire,
Thats some epic grow room mate, well done on DIY!! Obviously a lot of time and effort has gone in to this. I can learn a few things here me thinks :) Dont worry about high RH in veg, it was suggested that high RH in veg can cause rot, it wont at all! They love high RH in veg even as high as 75%. Its when your in flower you want it at 50% and below or rot MAY occur.

If it low in veg like 30-50% spray them with water when the light is about to go off to give raise it a little. Mine is sometimes at 70% in flower but as long as I dont spray in flower lights on time is dry enough to prevent rot.

50-70% RH Veg
30-50 RH Flower is general rule of thumb

nice setup you have going there. will be taking a seat for this ride!!:rollit:
Good to have you for the quest to find the best ways to cultivate the highest grade possible.
I would like to help whenever possible but I have always been the type to hold back and listen more than anything.

I will cruise by soon dubbrollin

Hey shottafire,
Thats some epic grow room mate, well done on DIY!! Obviously a lot of time and effort has gone in to this. I can learn a few things here me thinks :) Dont worry about high RH in veg, it was suggested that high RH in veg can cause rot, it wont at all! They love high RH in veg even as high as 75%. Its when your in flower you want it at 50% and below or rot MAY occur.

If it low in veg like 30-50% spray them with water when the light is about to go off to give raise it a little. Mine is sometimes at 70% in flower but as long as I dont spray in flower lights on time is dry enough to prevent rot.

50-70% RH Veg
30-50 RH Flower is general rule of thumb

I do know that low in flower is good not too worried about veg as much as I am flower. I am hovering between 50 and 60 but I think when the next 1kw is flipped it should lower it more. But i could be wrong since there will be more plants transpiring more moisture into the air.

The last thing I need is rot in flower too much going into this. I will keep a close eye on them for the next couple months until I know the room is stable.

cheers friend

Ok so I stayed up for a solid 24 hours after my day job, wife, daughter, were taken care of my night job started at 5pm and ended at 5am.

I got my lights aircooled using an 8" max fan rated @ 675 cfm. This fan is gnarly and the torque on it is serious. It sucked my shirt into it when I was testing it and it left my shirt with a bunch of holes in it. Not to mention the noise this thing puts off. I put a muffler on it but it really didnt deaden the sound much so I took some insulation and sort of stuffed it around the fan and muffler a little bit it works but still loud to me. Now let me tell you thank you for encouraging me to air cool these things, I instantly noticed a change in the room and my ac was glad to have a break. I left my camera in the room so I should have pics up tonight..

cheers friends and happy growin times for all.
happy birthday to Robert Nesta Marley as well.

update Day 1 flower
Plants are doing good just fed the girls tonight so we should see some flowers in the next week or two.
I am stoked on the canopy it is filling out more and more everyday. Ok so I have little fricken root aphids now
I think its what they are. so now I have to deal with them bastards. tips anyone?

Enjoy the pics not to exciting yet.
Birds eye of the bubba og
DSCN09143.JPG

Some of the duct work I did still need to go through and tape all the cracks, and the glass around the hoods.
DSCN09251.JPG

Canopy nice and even still
DSCN09271.JPG

The veggers getting bigger three more weeks and they are getting the flip
DSCN09292.JPG

Looking into the veg room
DSCN09301.JPG

Looks awesome in there man. Glad u went aircooled.

I always amend diamatacious earth with my soil. If I see problems still I will cover the soil surface with it and spray some garlic like juice and crush Res pepper tea with 1 drop of blue dawn as a surfactant. I'm a wimp tho lol

Thanks my man. I hope you can take some of the things i do and apply it to yours. Your garden will take off just wait. I will stop in and try to help but remember it is always better to research yourself too which I know you already do. Lets learn together here at 420.

In one year you will have your style you like and the results will clearly be better every time. HOPEFULLY.

Lets learn together here at 420.

:high-five:

I've read soooo much on the internet I feel like im at the point where I wanna ask questions on others techniques.
Been going through completed journals, heaps of info! diggin' 420mag!! Thanks for all the info,
Hope i'm not buggin'!

-CA215 :peace:

:high-five:

I've read soooo much on the internet I feel like im at the point where I wanna ask questions on others techniques.
Been going through completed journals, heaps of info! diggin' 420mag!! Thanks for all the info,
Hope i'm not buggin'!

-CA215 :peace:

Not even buddy. I am an advocate for this plant and will share anything I know to be true to the best of my knowledge.

anytime you need to ask away. I have about 1 and a half years of true growing experience so while I am not an expert i am definitely not a newbie anymore. I made all the mistakes and then some and still making them. so With help taken from all here you will fare pretty good.
keep it simple

I will be updating tonight which will be day 3 flowering. I fed them really well on the first night in flower and last night they looked happy and grew quite a bit.

I have been feeding every water between 900-1200 @.7 There last feeding was around 1200. The runoff was initially around 1500-brought down to around 1375 after. I am going to get rid of this pure blend pro stuff and work at earning the true genetic potential with high brix.

The bubba og is good for me to test on since I know the strain really well, the differences should be obvious in terms of quality and smoke. we shall see.

They are not unhappy with there DTW schedule but I want to unlock the potential of my fruits.

cheers!

update tonight it is starting to get fun around here.

Yeah thought it was 9 , just checking. I love your grow man, the room the plant, canopy the lot! Hope I have space for a room like that one day. Reps for the whole lot mate, keep up the good work, cant wait until flower. You gaff gonna stink!!! Happy days lol!

Looking awesome shottafire!!

Yeah I have to agree that air cooled allows your lights to be closer = more lumens = bigger bud. Everything your doing looks stellar bro, keep it up:bravo:

Thanks for checking in UG. I have my veg stuff unvented still with one 600 for my next set. And one 400 for my moms and clones pre veg. I have to say when they are unvented the plants in veg dont have a problem with the light higher they do a good job of bushing out at least with this bubba og cut I was gifted. Grape krush is next up to bat.

Thank you for the reps as well. It was a joy to get this room done, its still not done though. Improvements coming are co2 setpoint controller I want to have more control over that.

Yeah thought it was 9 , just checking. I love your grow man, the room the plant, canopy the lot! Hope I have space for a room like that one day. Reps for the whole lot mate, keep up the good work, cant wait until flower. You gaff gonna stink!!! Happy days lol!

cheers for the reps buddy. I could not have done it without the people here!
I spent a lot of coin on this but I managed to still get away with it for less than i expected to spend.
Seriously though it is such a worthy investment if you plan to grow your medicine for years to come.

I will be around today. just waiting for those lights to turn on. pics should be good.

Back
Top Bottom