:thumb:

Looking really good brother!
That setup is killer!
Just got caught up, and I'm subbed.
Glad to see you went aircooled.:winkyface:

excited to see these screens fill!
reps
:thumb:

Thanks vick. I actually am pretty happy right about now. I feel the room is getting there.

I am dealing with a humidity issue at the moment. If I fire the other light it should drop the rh in the room right?
Not sure if my dehum. Needs replaced. It's an old pos but I bought the thing for 50 bucks used and it has definitely paid for itself.

I am anticipating a good pull next one should be even better hopefully.

I need to get over to your journal sometime tonight and check out your grow. I know I have been
Over there not sure if I have posted. Too many of these things it's hard to keep up!

Thank you for the reps too. Cheers to 420 mag

Thanks vick. I actually am pretty happy right about now. I feel the room is getting there.

I am dealing with a humidity issue at the moment. If I fire the other light it should drop the rh in the room right?
Not sure if my dehum. Needs replaced. It's an old pos but I bought the thing for 50 bucks used and it has definitely paid for itself.

I am anticipating a good pull next one should be even better hopefully.

I need to get over to your journal sometime tonight and check out your grow. I know I have been
Over there not sure if I have posted. Too many of these things it's hard to keep up!

Thank you for the reps too. Cheers to 420 mag

Sounds like your humidity is around 50% at the moment?
That's good for flower, but I'm sure if you fire the other light, it'll come down a bit more, which would be ideal. I keep my air cooled hood around 16"-18" from tops @ 750watt. 18"-24" @ 1000watt.
I know how hard it is keeping track of all the journals, while trying to maintain the grow and life. Sometimes it can be hard catching up..

Drop by anytime, have a looksy.
Things are smack dab in the middle of a frosty flowering session right now.
Around 25 days to go.

:yummy:

Sounds like your humidity is around 50% at the moment?
That's good for flower, but I'm sure if you fire the other light, it'll come down a bit more, which would be ideal. I keep my air cooled hood around 16"-18" from tops @ 750watt. 18"-24" @ 1000watt.
I know how hard it is keeping track of all the journals, while trying to maintain the grow and life. Sometimes it can be hard catching up..

Drop by anytime, have a looksy.
Things are smack dab in the middle of a frosty flowering session right now.
Around 25 days to go.

:yummy:

Today was weird the room was at 70% rh. It was a wet day outside so we will see what happens tomorrow. Uploading some pics be back shortly.

Alright here it is

DAY 3 FLOWER
DSCN09991.JPG

DSCN10175.JPG

DSCN10023.JPG

DSCN09986.JPG

The next set going good they need to get to there 36" height before flipped to ensure the canopy develops
the way I like.
DSCN10193.JPG

So it is still not too exciting. I always get so anxious around this time. Took my next set of clones Grape Krush will hopefully crush it.

Anyone know a fair amount about mini splits. I want to know if it is better to turn the mini split down when its cold outside or keep it the same as always and never mess with it. Trying to see if that could be my rh problem. Maybe I just need to flip this other light on and hope for the best. Worried I wont be able to get this rh down before the girls start bulking up. if it does not go down tomorrow I am going to fire the other light and throw my mothers under the light until my next set goes in. after that I will keep my flowering mothers along the edges of the trays and try to get some samples of these new genetics I have been playing with.

Cheers 420 Fam keep em green

Looking ultra lush brotha!

not a single dying leaf to be seen!

I don't know much about minisplits, but is it a heat pump as well? If you add another light it will definitely cut the RH down (bulb provides dry heat) but what about when lights out? what kind of dehumidifier do you have/how many pints? are you dumping the bucket or is it on continuos drainage?

I have a lg 40 pint dehum. But the thing is looking old as hell. I also have a 20 pint hydrofarm dehum as well.

Using the lg now since it is larger. It has a pump that pumps the water outside once every four hours. Not sure if the hydrofarm would lower the rh in a room my size so I dont even bother with that.

My mini split is a heat controller with the inside unit being a cooling unit only. The ones that can heat are a little more spendy I think.

This setup blows away portables and window units. my temp fluctuates less than 10 all day everyday so my temps are good. just wish my rh would drop some. we will see tonight.

cheers UG

Great photos Shotta!
That canopy is going to be so even.
About your RH, Have you thought of running a passive intake??
Could be your intake bringing in too much moisture from outside.
You might benefit from running a sealed room as well.
A person you should talk to is jon705. He runs a sealed room, AC, CO2, Dehuey's. And has everything dialed.
I remember him interested in running a mini split a while ago. Also Tony Sussan has some know how regarding those things, but has been MIA since his last harvest.
Why don't you invite both of them to check out your journal. I bet a debate would get cooking on sealed rooms and minisplits no doubt.

Great photos Shotta!
That canopy is going to be so even.
About your RH, Have you thought of running a passive intake??
Could be your intake bringing in too much moisture from outside.
You might benefit from running a sealed room as well.
A person you should talk to is jon705. He runs a sealed room, AC, CO2, Dehuey's. And has everything dialed.
I remember him interested in running a mini split a while ago. Also Tony Sussan has some know how regarding those things, but has been MIA since his last harvest.
Why don't you invite both of them to check out your journal. I bet a debate would get cooking on sealed rooms and minisplits no doubt.

It is a sealed room no exhaust no intake to the room. the veg room has a passive intake and exhaust setup. which goes back into flower room. My veg area is sitting nice at 55-60 percent rh could be a tad lower but I am not really concerned with that part of the room. I am going to ask those guys today about the subject of mini split and sealed room setup. I know I have everything in place just hard to feel comfortable since I have only been growing a short amount of time and this room is a lot bigger, hotter, and there is a whole new learning curve for me to overcome now.

I may just fire the light and start flowering girls perpetual as they are ready and save the other tray for single strain grows.
we will see.

Thanks for the info vick. hope you stick around

Oh I'll be sticking around for sure..
I checked back in your journal, and couldn't find any information weather your room was sealed or not. Is why I mentioned passive.
So thanks for breaking it down for me.
I may be really high from that morning vape, but if the veg room is running passive intake, then exhausting into the flower room, couldn't that be why your RH's are so high? You said that RH has crept up recently, so wouldn't your veg plants getting bigger and transpiring more be why your flower room's RH is increasing? The RH in the veg room reads to be 55-60% because it could be sucking that moist air out into your flower room steadily raising it's RH.
Forgive me if I have overlooked something here.
Just trying to understand why RH is so high in flower but low in veg.
:tokin:

Oh hey, and congratulations on the new baby girl!!

I think you may be right vick. I may have overlooked this myself.

This is why you do a journal, because when you come to a fork in the road and it is to foggy (my head) to see straight
you get help from others to diagnose these things. I will try to give a more detailed look into my room maybe you got some other
things I may have missed.

So my plan of action now is to vent the veg room somehow maybe keep the dehumidifier in the veg room. what do you think?

Thanks on the baby girl as well. pretty cool feeling to be a father now. I am a big kid now

I think you may be right vick. I may have overlooked this myself.

This is why you do a journal, because when you come to a fork in the road and it is to foggy (my head) to see straight
you get help from others to diagnose these things. I will try to give a more detailed look into my room maybe you got some other
things I may have missed.

So my plan of action now is to vent the veg room somehow maybe keep the dehumidifier in the veg room. what do you think?

Thanks on the baby girl as well. pretty cool feeling to be a father now. I am a big kid now

I would try and vent the veg room right outside if you have that option. Or if you don't, maybe find a way to tie into the flower rooms exhaust without disturbing the flow?
If you then don't have to worry about your high RH's flowing into your flower room, I'd take the dehumidifier out of the veg room altogether.. It would do you more good having it in the flower room keeping RH as low as possible. Maybe keep the smaller one in the veg room, just in case the RH's climb to crazy high numbers when it gets packed in there. But I think your veg room could really benefit from those higher RH's as long as they're vented.
I'm going to ask jon705 to come have a read through and maybe offer some advice, hope that's ok..

So this should be fun fak. I am not looking forward to cutting more holes and running more ducting but Whats another all nighter. WITH NO HELP EITHER. Sounds good to me not.

But what needs to be done just needs to be done.

Thanks for the support on the subject.

So to keep flower room sealed I need to do a passive intake from outside the room and exhaust outside the room. Let me see what happens tonight when i flip the other light on. I really appreciate the quick responses.

Ur gonna have a lot of weed on ur hands. U should probably send some this way so ur not overstocked ;)

I sure hope I get that much. It would be nice to get some feedback from other growers as to how they like it. Thinking of getting this bubba tested. we shall see.:Namaste:

Hey Shotta:) first off beautiful room and your girls look awesome man! + reps and im subbed for sure.Im not sure of the dimensions of your flower room, mine is around 18 x 10 or so and i have to run 2 large dehumidifiers once I flip the lights.It seems the plants start to transpire alot more once you flip the lights. My flower room is completely sealed like yours but the difference is it runs independant from my veg room which is vented from inside my house. This way im not exchanging air between the 2 rooms and can keep them at different rh and temps. Another thing is the air pots your using,I just transplanted 8 plants into those cloth grocery bags which are pretty much the same thing and I noticed the rh went up around 10% as soon as they went into the veg room.My theory is with those bags or pots is there is alot more surface area for the pots to transpire, moisture is going into the air from the whole pot instead of just from the little holes at the bottom of a traditional pot and the exposed soil at the top,Im expecting to have to water them alot more with these pots because the medium dries out alot quicker so higher rh. I would definetly put your small dehumidier in the veg room and pic up another larger one for the flower room, 50% rh is as high as you want to go in flower, when I was running hps I would start out a 50% rh at the beggining of flower and slowly lower it as the nugs got bigger and closer together, by the end of flower I had it set at 30%.I dont know all the tecno lingo but near the end of flower if the rh is low the plants will produce alot more trychs as a defense mecanism to protect the flowers or something like that and from what ive seen this is 100% true.My rh is in the low 30's right now and im getting crazy trych production.Also the bigger the plants the higher the rh will be, so it sounds to me like you need more dehumidification and keep the 2 rooms seperate to control the different climates. I hope this makes sense bro:)

Back
Top Bottom