Shottafire's - Bubba OG Sealed Medical Grow in Sunshine #4

Hey Shotta:) first off beautiful room and your girls look awesome man! + reps and im subbed for sure.Im not sure of the dimensions of your flower room, mine is around 18 x 10 or so and i have to run 2 large dehumidifiers once I flip the lights.It seems the plants start to transpire alot more once you flip the lights. My flower room is completely sealed like yours but the difference is it runs independant from my veg room which is vented from inside my house. This way im not exchanging air between the 2 rooms and can keep them at different rh and temps. Another thing is the air pots your using,I just transplanted 8 plants into those cloth grocery bags which are pretty much the same thing and I noticed the rh went up around 10% as soon as they went into the veg room.My theory is with those bags or pots is there is alot more surface area for the pots to transpire, moisture is going into the air from the whole pot instead of just from the little holes at the bottom of a traditional pot and the exposed soil at the top,Im expecting to have to water them alot more with these pots because the medium dries out alot quicker so higher rh. I would definetly put your small dehumidier in the veg room and pic up another larger one for the flower room, 50% rh is as high as you want to go in flower, when I was running hps I would start out a 50% rh at the beggining of flower and slowly lower it as the nugs got bigger and closer together, by the end of flower I had it set at 30%.I dont know all the tecno lingo but near the end of flower if the rh is low the plants will produce alot more trychs as a defense mecanism to protect the flowers or something like that and from what ive seen this is 100% true.My rh is in the low 30's right now and im getting crazy trych production.Also the bigger the plants the higher the rh will be, so it sounds to me like you need more dehumidification and keep the 2 rooms seperate to control the different climates. I hope this makes sense bro:)
Thanks jon705. I flipped the other light last night ran it for about 4 hours. Got my rh down to about 45 or so. I think I am going to be able to further control this with a few minor adjustments. Good thoughts on the fabric pots bringing up the rh as well. makes perfect sense. We should be good. Planning on transplanting my moms to 5 gallon pots veg for a week and throw them in the room under the second light until next set is ready. Figuring like three weeks from now we will have a full on bloom party going on. Thanks for the help man much appreciated. i would keep repping but it seems I am getting repped out. lol.

cheers buddy have a great day.
Wow! Looking really great!

I've only looked at this page, so far. What is your RH that you're concerned about? The plants don't look like they're complaining.

Docbud thank you greatly. I just wish this was high brix or at least supersoil. I am running a drain to waste using pbp and other junk food for these girls. I need to really feed them as I would like to eat whole food nutrition none of this bottled crap anymore. I am not going to lie though people loved the last batch so i guess I am at least doing my schedule correctly.I hope to further my knowledge here at 420 magazine. with the help of you and all the other masters of the craft.

Quick ? Doc.
I have two lime sources hydrated and dolomitic neither of these are correct right?

So this is how I help get an even canopy but all plants grow differently so you must know how your plant will stretch prior to training like this. I always get my plants to a 36" ht before I flip then i spend the next two to three weeks pulling branches apart, under, tucking, minor defoliation. So far it seems to be working.
DSCN11376.JPG

Here is my Bubba OG mother I will be moving to a 30 gallon smart pot outdoors in another couple months.
DSCN11505.JPG

@Docbud
will these work for the 6-5-3 mix
DSCN10402.JPG

DSCN10426.JPG

DSCN10385.JPG

Thanks everyone for cruising by and keeping me company. it is greatly appreciated!

DocBud is prolly the one to talk to about anything soil/microbial lol. Again I'm not 100% sure so I will stay within my knowledge limits but I don't think hydrated or dolomite are a good idea. I'm pretty sure DocBud will suggest Calcium Carbonate (90% or purer) which can possibly be found at a bulk garden store? (online is easiest). I think the difference from Dolomite and CaC03 is that dolomite is very "heavy" and can be flushed to the feet or even out of the soil compared to CaC03, which is very light (Carbon) and is a slow releaser as well. I've used dolomite many times and seem to have magnesium toxicities further into flower, which inhibit Ca and N intake (early yellowing plants)

p.s...Wow a 30 gallon smart pot?! I hope you have a safe place to plant that thing lol

Quick ? Doc.
I have two lime sources hydrated and dolomitic neither of these are correct right?

Hydrated lime isn't at all what you want. Don't use it.

Dolomite will stabilize pH and plants grow just fine with it, but when you go high brix you won't use it.

Limestone, of Calcium Carbonate is what we want. It must be 90% or more Calcium carbonate.

Calcium carbonate equivalent has to do with its acid buffering capacity. We're looking for actual calcium carbonate.

DocBud is prolly the one to talk to about anything soil/microbial lol. Again I'm not 100% sure so I will stay within my knowledge limits but I don't think hydrated or dolomite are a good idea. I'm pretty sure DocBud will suggest Calcium Carbonate (90% or purer) which can possibly be found at a bulk garden store? (online is easiest). I think the difference from Dolomite and CaC03 is that dolomite is very "heavy" and can be flushed to the feet or even out of the soil compared to CaC03, which is very light (Carbon) and is a slow releaser as well. I've used dolomite many times and seem to have magnesium toxicities further into flower, which inhibit Ca and N intake (early yellowing plants)

p.s...Wow a 30 gallon smart pot?! I hope you have a safe place to plant that thing lol

Yes a 30 gallon smart pot with super soil for a little outdoor flavor. Maybe two in 15 gallon smart pots. I did 5gal and they dry up to fast.

I love outdoor grown plants they turn into a whole other beast.

Hydrated lime isn't at all what you want. Don't use it.

Dolomite will stabilize pH and plants grow just fine with it, but when you go high brix you won't use it.

Limestone, of Calcium Carbonate is what we want. It must be 90% or more Calcium carbonate.

Calcium carbonate equivalent has to do with its acid buffering capacity. We're looking for actual calcium carbonate.

Good man! That hydrated lime isn't what you want. :loopy:

Now if I were to make a super soil could I use the calcitic limestone? or just use the dolomite for ss and the CaCo3 for the high brix

Yes a 30 gallon smart pot with super soil for a little outdoor flavor. Maybe two in 15 gallon smart pots. I did 5gal and they dry up to fast.

I love outdoor grown plants they turn into a whole other beast.

Now if I were to make a super soil could I use the calcitic limestone? or just use the dolomite for ss and the CaCo3 for the high brix

Never use the dolomite. The calcitic limestone is better in every way. Super Soil can't deliver high brix....but mineralized supersoil will certainly deliver higher brix than not....which mean your product will be that much sweeter and better.

I started my high brix journey in organic super soil and the results were great! Its just better. You'll see!

Day 6 Update
DSCN12055.JPG

DSCN12203.JPG

DSCN12116.JPG

I am one tired guy right about now. I am happy so far. These plants are going to get a good flush tomorrow and each plant will get a light defoliation in the upper canopy. Going to try and go to sleep now.

Cheers guys

Thanks for checking it out. I really enjoy this setup just wish my fridge had more than rice and beans. Lol

I am still fairly new to growing cannabis so there is much more to learn, not only for me. But everyone else here as well.
Appreciate the kind words relaxed leester. Enjoy the rest of the grow. Will be over your way from time to time as well.
Peace and 420. Let's learn together.

Nice room Shottafire. Another journal to watch haha. I'll have to catch up later. subbed and +rep

Nice room Shottafire. Another journal to watch haha. I'll have to catch up later. subbed and +rep
Glad your here for the show Hiker. Thanks for the reps as well.
Double D's for sure

Looking titties
ahahahahaaaa. Double D's or Double B's. As long as they are female. Thanks Canna. Keep your head up chief!

Cruising right along. Got some transplanting done tonight.

I fed all the girls a light feed tonight and next feeding I will scratch in some worm castings and give them there first real flower feed. I wanted to ask if anyone knows if its ok to use compost teas while using Pure Blend Pro. Or if you think i could cut the nutrients out and just use teas and such. just might try it on one plant to see what happens. I have the urge to make one plant a science project right now. Should I Give it a go?

Tonight marks week 2 from the flip.
DAY 7 Flower
DSCN12344.JPG

Good things a gwan
DSCN12544.JPG

DSCN12415.JPG

I wanted to thank you all for the kind words and reps. Any Suggestions hit a braddah up.

Experiments are fun. I think you should try it, as long as you can live with it if the experiment goes badly. If you can, try to make sure you're only changing one thing about the grow, ie a single variable.

Is your experiment to use a different feeding schedule?

BTW, I'm happy to see someone else that likes to use those foam panels. Aren't they a great material? :thumb:
I gotta go buy 3 more sheets to improve my veg area too!

Cruising right along. Got some transplanting done tonight.

I fed all the girls a light feed tonight and next feeding I will scratch in some worm castings and give them there first real flower feed. I wanted to ask if anyone knows if its ok to use compost teas while using Pure Blend Pro. Or if you think i could cut the nutrients out and just use teas and such. just might try it on one plant to see what happens. I have the urge to make one plant a science project right now. Should I Give it a go?

Tonight marks week 2 from the flip.
DAY 7 Flower
DSCN12344.JPG

Good things a gwan
DSCN12544.JPG

DSCN12415.JPG

I wanted to thank you all for the kind words and reps. Any Suggestions hit a braddah up.[/QUOTman I cant say enough how much I like your room bro, seperating the scrogs into more managable sizes is something I might do in my new space.where do you get the foam trays from? Im thinking the narrow ones underneath the big ones will save me from having to build a trough for my girls in the bags this round:) reps for sure:thumb:

I can honestly attest to the foam panels covered with mylar. I need to go buy a few more as well. Was not sure about them until I saw the growth the girls have brought on closest to the panel.

As far as the expirement goes I think I will try it on one plant if I can manage the different schedules with everything else going on.

The only thing I would change would be to greatly reduce my use of the pbp and go straight ACT teas with hygrozyme mycos and liquid karma in between my tea feedings.

Right on Hiker im coming over to your journal right now

Back
Top Bottom