Smokemups 2nd 420! Journal & LST Attempt 400w MH/HPS Soil Grow Indica Strain

re: Smokemups 2nd 420! Journal & LST Attempt 400w MH/HPS Soil Grow Indica Strain

* PHOTO UPDATE - Kiksumass *

Hello all, and thanks for dropping in to see how my new projects going..
Yesterday she was set out in her basic branch growth directions, so her base should grow out from here and give similar results to Cindy s grow, She s already sent out opposing branches as Apical tops so thats a good thing!!:):)
I can see the start of what looks to be hopefully female glands.. She s getting purple a little in color on the stalks and Im really looking forward to see what this does.. She has only been recieving seaweed extract, and some with N,P,K..
Alrighty, enough of me talking, Heres my girl...

2012-11-17_15_23_07.jpg
2012-11-17_15_23_21.jpg
You can see how she s sent out her Apical tops;)
2012-11-17_15_23_45.jpg
2012-11-17_15_23_53.jpg
2012-11-17_15_24_24.jpg

I am really liking her shape, and the width/strength of her stems.. Looking really healthy so far IMO, Her branches have been put into place for now and they will be adjusted slightly over time..
Well THANK YOU for stopping by and all the great support so far:):) CHEERS!! Smokemup n Kiksumass..:thumb:

re: Smokemups 2nd 420! Journal & LST Attempt 400w MH/HPS Soil Grow Indica Strain

* PHOTO UPDATE - Kiksumass *

Hello all, and thanks for dropping in to see how my new projects going..
Yesterday she was set out in her basic branch growth directions, so her base should grow out from here and give similar results to Cindy s grow, She s already sent out opposing branches as Apical tops so thats a good thing!!:):)
I can see the start of what looks to be hopefully female glands.. She s getting purple a little in color on the stalks and Im really looking forward to see what this does.. She has only been recieving seaweed extract, and some with N,P,K..
Alrighty, enough of me talking, Heres my girl...

2012-11-17_15_23_07.jpg
2012-11-17_15_23_21.jpg
You can see how she s sent out her Apical tops;)
2012-11-17_15_23_45.jpg
2012-11-17_15_23_53.jpg
2012-11-17_15_24_24.jpg

I am really liking her shape, and the width/strength of her stems.. Looking really healthy so far IMO, Her branches have been put into place for now and they will be adjusted slightly over time..
Well THANK YOU for stopping by and all the great support so far:):) CHEERS!! Smokemup n Kiksumass..:thumb:

She's beautiful...Subbed

I had to chop one of my plants early, she started hermie on me. I hope she didn't screw up my other plants in flower. I hope I caught her early enough!!!my CKM lost all of her fan leaves, and I mean all of them so she's going tomorrow, I started the flush about 10 days ago she's mostly cloudy and some amber, but man, she is some of the best smoke I've had in years. I dryed a bud before started the flush and that shit is good. Laughing for hours. If you want to pick up a new strain I gotta recommend you try this shit. It's called Critical Kali Mist. Really good weed.

Anyways, that girl looks great, at least I hope she's a girl!

Thank you for dropping by TG:)
Yeah Ive heard a few guys liking their Kritical Kali.. There are a fair few strains Id really like to try still but i doubt Ill get the chance to toke em all,
BUT ILL TRY:):):) Im happy with most smoke as long as its grown ok. It doesnt take much to grow a good plant really??
I mean as long as you look after it right, you should get the best smoke possible from that seed. But there are different THC level s in certain strains, of course, But I still think if you give the plant what it needs, without going all scientific, Youll get some nice Ganja..
I started outdoors, and this is where i learned. I believe that plants grow in soil naturally, so soil should be the best medium to use. But id not suggest using good soil not dry clay or some crap like that. My $8 bag of 100% Humus soil, has an ACTIVE N,P,K nutrient base as it breaks down and such, it feeds the plant. And Ive used this same exact soil for over 10yrs, and its a great soil mixed with good potting mix.
I hope your girls are nice and plump by the time theyre ready to chop chop down.. And show me ya BUDS:):)
All in good time.. Anyway thanks for your time and comments and I too hope she s a she!! Im pretty sure Im right, Its looking very much like a female, but another week or 2 and i should have better idea. Take care TG. Cya mate. Smokemup n Kiksumass...

Yeah mate I do thanks:) Got Perlite going on top soil again, as my mrs left some potato's go off in the bloody pantry cos they were covered in some plastic bags and didnt see them, and i noticed a few F/Gnats around, so i checked it out and found em so i tossed em and cleaned up.
So Im putting perlite and DE on top again in a day or so just in case any make it to her pot.
About the pot too, Ive actually reduced size of the pot, back to the one my last girl was in, she gave me 8 oz dry and was a decent plant, so Im hoping to replicate it at least. Cindy would have given me about 14oz dry I reckon, which wouldve been great, But im only left with 6.5oz of my girl.. This grow i hope is capable of producing similar results to Cindy, its being trained the same way. Will see in good time i guess.
Thanks for the drive by buddy!! And also for the thoughts on my new project:) Take care my friend. Later mate, Smokemup n kiksumass..

Emily about a week old
IMAG007615.jpg

IMAG020216.jpg

and the last one is a few days after sprouting under the 600w hps. You will like how they grow

Hi OG!!
Thanks for stopping by matey.. So youre using a 600 watter ay??Honestly, I found No major benefits from using a 400 or 600w, as long as the plant was given best opportunity to grow..
I dont know for sure I mean, But I used a 600w for a while with Cindy, Sure she did grow some large buds!! - But I dont know if the extra 200w made the difference or it was just that I used a larger pot? As previous grow in smaller pot have yielded me 7-8oz dry ( 25L pot ) with a 400w MH/HPS.. So I will see. Im not sure on this Strain tho, as its a bagseed I am not sure on what she is, OH - AND BY THE WAY EVERYBODY>>> KIKSUMASS IS A SHE:):):yahoo::yahoo::high-five::high-five::):) WELL, Im fairly sure she s got the start of female pistils!
Im currently using the 25 L pot, I MAY transplant once more soon, But It may stay - Not sure Atm..
But I am fairly sure Ill stick with 400 all thru.. Im also giving more dark too now, only an extra hour but still! I
I removed 1 of her branches today that was being shadowed by a larger branch due to the LST - I had a look and made the best choice for her, this one was the smallest and in the right position and as it had the least nodes it was a no-brainer!
Fed her a little Seaweed extract.. Hopin shell be ok in a day or so..
Anyways thats about it for me!! Cheers for stopping in mate, have a good one!! Smokemup n Kiksumass..

Helllllooooo Smokey and Kiki! :ciao:

I'll be watching ;)

:peace:

I see you have already started LST training, the last grow must have influence you to continue this method growing :thumb:

Hi OG!!
Thanks for stopping by matey.. So youre using a 600 watter ay??Honestly, I found No major benefits from using a 400 or 600w, as long as the plant was given best opportunity to grow..
I dont know for sure I mean, But I used a 600w for a while with Cindy, Sure she did grow some large buds!! - But I dont know if the extra 200w made the difference or it was just that I used a larger pot? As previous grow in smaller pot have yielded me 7-8oz dry ( 25L pot ) with a 400w MH/HPS.. So I will see. Im not sure on this Strain tho, as its a bagseed I am not sure on what she is, OH - AND BY THE WAY EVERYBODY>>> KIKSUMASS IS A SHE:):):yahoo::yahoo::high-five::high-five::):) WELL, Im fairly sure she s got the start of female pistils!
Im currently using the 25 L pot, I MAY transplant once more soon, But It may stay - Not sure Atm..
But I am fairly sure Ill stick with 400 all thru.. Im also giving more dark too now, only an extra hour but still! I
I removed 1 of her branches today that was being shadowed by a larger branch due to the LST - I had a look and made the best choice for her, this one was the smallest and in the right position and as it had the least nodes it was a no-brainer!
Fed her a little Seaweed extract.. Hopin shell be ok in a day or so..
Anyways thats about it for me!! Cheers for stopping in mate, have a good one!! Smokemup n Kiksumass..

Hey Smoke, on the light I figured I would take almost double the lumen output with the 600 as allowed to the 400, had a 400 before great light but trying to put 10k lumens per sq/ft.

Hey Aunt Fluffy!!
Thanks for stopping by!! Do you think she looks ok so far?? Shes growing differently to Cindy, and Im trying not to freak out cos Im hopin she ll be ok.. She s gone mad and made a few Apical tops, So I may end up with similar base as Cindy.
Take care mate, cheers again, and Ill be over your way soon k:) Smokemup..

Yep Fuzzy.. Sure did!!
As she would have been my largest yield indoor so far, so yeah I learned alot - even tho it was very hands on, but I think if I do what I was gunna do to Cindy to this girl, I should have some good results I hope.
She s already started to make her new Apical tops, Im just trying to make sure that there isnt branches that are growing stuff all. Ive already remove 1 main branch as it was gunna be completely covered by branch above..
Im still in 2 minds as to which road I will take when it come s to how big Im gunna grow it.. I may grow in shorter time or may push on an extra week or so for more size during Veg..
I JUST HOPE I WILL HAVE SOME NICE BUDS TO SHOW YOU ALL AT THE END OF IT AND I CAN KEEP HOLD OF EM THIS TIME!!
Thanks for stopping in Fuzzy, and will chat wit ya soon mate:) Take care, Smokemup n Kiksumass..

Yeah I see what youre saying mate;) All good..
But depends on what style of growing youre doing I think? As if you have more plants and a fairly big space, well the 600w maybe a better choice for output reasons. How much do you intend on harvesting p/plant?? And how many plants?? I know you got your own thing going on, thats fine, but as I said i prefer to grow 1 or 2 big plants, should be able to pull a pound from 2 plants in 15 weeks or so.. Good turnaround for 2 plants and couple months.. Take care my friend, thank you again for stopping by:) Been great to have ya s around lately!
As Ive isolated myself somewhat recently due to crap, You guys are the only thing keepin me sane!! Alright, well be good and will talk soon ok OG. Cheers, Smokemup..

Right now there are 7 plants in a 4x4 tent, not sure on yield as I mentioned Tue yellowing on the leaves . Well today I noticed gnats , have some medical stuff going on tomorrow so it may not be till Tuesday before I can try and fix that. My next grow I will have two tents running so will tty and keep 8 flowering pretty much all the time. Any advice on getting rid of the gnats , almost time to harvest too.

AHH.. NOW WE're TALKIN'... :)
Sorry you have the unfortunate co-incidence of having Gnats X( I HATE 'EM... Badly...
Alright, Well, this is my advice mate if you can.. F/Gnats will breed and multiply pretty quickly, I thought I was kinda in control til I found the true extent of them. The larvae are bad to have, as they MAY burrow into the base stem of your plants, and the youngin' s will mess the roots up n shit.. THE ADULTS JUST AGGRAVATE THE SHIT OUTTA ME!! I purchased some Perlite , and I was trying to buy some D.E ( diamataceous earth )
But the local shops dont stock it as a individual product, so I had no luck for a while until I stumbled upon some Tomato dust which was 80% D.E :) So I lightly sprinkled some on the top soil, then covered the top soil in about 2 inches of Perlite. Then, again, I put a larger amount of the Tomato dust over top of the Perlite.
This worked great, It is a pain in the butt, Tho mate, if you get em bad, youll hate em too!! It took a while, as ya have to wait for the larvae to hatch n crap, but what happens is when they come to the top soil, or any Gnats land and crawl through the Dust, they dry out and die:):):) MWAHAHAHAHA!! AWSUMNESS!! It takes em a little while, but I watched a hatchling emerging from the Perlite and dust, and it was NOT LOOKING GOOD - it struggled to crawl and kinda looked dis orientated and shortly after stopped moving!! They love wet,moist places, so wil hide anywhere they can, and any excess water should be cleaned up. There s some Sns product you may be able to get thats perfect for these Gnats.. I cant get any unfortunately.. Also, if you try to do as I did, Cut some potato's into slices, and bury a few into the Perlite so theyre touching the soil, the Gnat larvae attract to this, so leave em there a few days, and quickly pull em out. Youll see some hatchlings jumpin round and larvae on the slices too. Can do this a few times to try reduce any that maybe lingering...
Well mate, Hope this may help you some?? Take care and thank you for stopping by bro;)
You should be right in a 4x4 mate..All good, Best of luck mate! Cheers, Smokemup

Hey Aunt Fluffy!!
Thanks for stopping by!! Do you think she looks ok so far?? Shes growing differently to Cindy, and Im trying not to freak out cos Im hopin she ll be ok.. She s gone mad and made a few Apical tops, So I may end up with similar base as Cindy.
Take care mate, cheers again, and Ill be over your way soon k:) Smokemup..

My darling, she looks absolutely beautiful! Looks like some cute fluffy ears and that's always good in my book. She is in good hands. Can't wait to see her grow!

Give her an Auntie Fluffy ear tickle,

Look forward to seeing you soon

Fluffetus :hug:

AHH.. NOW WE're TALKIN'... :)
Sorry you have the unfortunate co-incidence of having Gnats X( I HATE 'EM... Badly...
Alright, Well, this is my advice mate if you can.. F/Gnats will breed and multiply pretty quickly, I thought I was kinda in control til I found the true extent of them. The larvae are bad to have, as they MAY burrow into the base stem of your plants, and the youngin' s will mess the roots up n shit.. THE ADULTS JUST AGGRAVATE THE SHIT OUTTA ME!! I purchased some Perlite , and I was trying to buy some D.E ( diamataceous earth )
But the local shops dont stock it as a individual product, so I had no luck for a while until I stumbled upon some Tomato dust which was 80% D.E :) So I lightly sprinkled some on the top soil, then covered the top soil in about 2 inches of Perlite. Then, again, I put a larger amount of the Tomato dust over top of the Perlite.
This worked great, It is a pain in the butt, Tho mate, if you get em bad, youll hate em too!! It took a while, as ya have to wait for the larvae to hatch n crap, but what happens is when they come to the top soil, or any Gnats land and crawl through the Dust, they dry out and die:):):) MWAHAHAHAHA!! AWSUMNESS!! It takes em a little while, but I watched a hatchling emerging from the Perlite and dust, and it was NOT LOOKING GOOD - it struggled to crawl and kinda looked dis orientated and shortly after stopped moving!! They love wet,moist places, so wil hide anywhere they can, and any excess water should be cleaned up. There s some Sns product you may be able to get thats perfect for these Gnats.. I cant get any unfortunately.. Also, if you try to do as I did, Cut some potato's into slices, and bury a few into the Perlite so theyre touching the soil, the Gnat larvae attract to this, so leave em there a few days, and quickly pull em out. Youll see some hatchlings jumpin round and larvae on the slices too. Can do this a few times to try reduce any that maybe lingering...
Well mate, Hope this may help you some?? Take care and thank you for stopping by bro;)
You should be right in a 4x4 mate..All good, Best of luck mate! Cheers, Smokemup

Awesome mate my GF works as a pet groomer and can get the food grade D.E. Explains a little why the buds may not be fully filling in, Will pick some up and give it a go plants are close so we will see how they do want to give then another week or so. Did you reuse your soil or discard it after the last grow and the gnats? not sure if I should just get new soil or try and reuse the old soil after treating it with the D.E.

NO worries mate! Glad it may have been of some help to you...
I had Gnats pretty much til harvest time mate, and my plant still finished up well so they probably wont hinder you too much especially as youre nearly done.. Your plant may need a little time to finish up as my girl looked to be lacking, i hit her with some more P&K and gave her bit longer and she ended up gaining in bulk bud towards the last 2 weeks.
As for the soil question - TOSS IT OUT - NEW PLANT / NEW SOIL:thumb: Id recommend making new soil batch each grow, re using a soil that may have a few F/gnats in it, youre far better to try get rid of them ASAP. The food grade D.E will be PERFECT!!
Id say maybe chuck a little D.E on the surface of your plant now and just wait til its done. Then clean out the space thoroughly ( I shouldve listened to my own advice! ) and when you start over again, as I said, if you like as a precaution, just put Perlite about 2inch deep on top soil, this should keep most F/gnats out that may get into your space.. But if you notice any around ur girls, sprinkle some DE on top of it and they should DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH:):) I was actually interested to see what it did, and i used to actually kill a few Gnats with tweezers, anyway, I saw an adult Gnat sitting on the Perlite, and I went to catch it and it just crumbled into pieces!!! AWSUMNESS!! Its EVIL.. LOVE IT!!
So this should help ya get ontop of any probs with them again. And I used the DE dust all the way uptil just before harvest, just before cutting her, I totally flooded the soil with plain water to try get any possible crap outta the plants roots, but Im sure its fine without doing so..
I HAVENT GOTTEN/NOTICED ANY CHANGE IN TASTE OF MY WEED.. All good I hoope, if I suddenly grow a 3rd arm - Ill let ya know!! Lol..
But yeah, youll be right mate, I GOT FAITH IN YA:thumb: All the best OG, Cheers for dropping by!! Be cool.. Smokemup..

Yeah well, Id actually never had many bug issues up til now..
It took me a while to identify em and then to find a safe remedy that wont harm my plant, some Pyrethrum sprays maybe ok, but I used some and burnt my plant with it so I backed away from it. Then once I was told of DE, I tried locating some nearby and it s not gunna happen, It was only by sheer chance a guy that was in the garden shop at the same time, heard of DE and said about some Tomato dust with it, and then 'TADAA' - I found some! The tomato dust has some other ingredient but it says its safe to use on tomato's and to just wash the tomato before eating, didnt have anything about being poisonous if use on fruit trees,vegetables etc; just not to breathe it in..
Im loading some pics of my girl shortly, man she s gunna be a handful Im thinkin':):)
Thanks and take care guys.. Smokemup

* PHOTO UPDATE - KIKSUMASS Day ? of Veg *

Hello everyone, Hope all are well on this fine Aussie summer day!!! Well Im baked and ready to rumble watchin me some UFC ( old Ep. Gsp match ) Big GSP fan and A.Silva..
Anyway, Back to the majik herb.. KIk has been growin out well, since starting her LST, she has been making a bucket load of Apical tops and now most are the same as the original cola.
So I have about 10 branches Im trying to position atm, and man Its hectic, As someone said - the Indica may require more trimming, and Im starting to agree!! Her growths are coming out fast and fan leaves are abundant, even after removing a few, and a branch so far..
She s looking like a round bush currently, so Im thinking she may be about at same situation as Cindy, and in a week or so wil start to take off height wise, unless this strain isnt that big of a plant? In this case, I MOST LIKELY WILL VEG LONGER TO GAIN MORE YIELD..
OK WELL THATS ABOUT ALL FOR NOW. Her feeding hasnt changed, still on Seasol Powerfeed - n,p,k amino's and minerals..@10ml p/5L.
Heres my girl...
2012-11-17_15_24_24.jpg
You can see how round she s growing!
2012-11-20_14_00_11.jpg
Some of the Apical tops comin up
2012-11-20_13_59_50.jpg
2012-11-20_13_59_37.jpg

Im really happy with how she is forming, Im just not sure on how this will grow as Im not sure on strain.. But one thing thats making me smile.. THE SMELL OF HER.. THIS BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF MY FIRST EXPERIENCE GROWING. MY BROTHER HAD PLANTS GOIN AND THE STEMS USED TO BE PURPLE ON STALKS AND SUCH, SAME A KIKSUMASS, AND THE AROMA IS NEARLY IDENTICAL:)
I am really looking forward to seeing how these buds will look, FROSTY AND PHAT I HOPE!!! Take care to you all, and cheers for stopping by and all the great words of encouragement so far!! Later guys, Smokemup n Kiksumass.:thumb::welcome:

Back
Top Bottom