SmokeyMcFly's First Auto Grow - Soil - Kandy Kush - Haze - BlueBerry - LED Mars II

Re: SmokeyMcFly's first Auto Grow - Soil - Kandy Kush, Haze, BlueBerry - LED MarsII

Chronic Weekend to you Smokey :thumb:

Re: SmokeyMcFly's first Auto Grow - Soil - Kandy Kush, Haze, BlueBerry - LED MarsII

Delayed update. I fed the Blueberry and AK 1/3rd strength Iguana juice on the 25th, candy only got water since she had just got fed a few days before that. I also lowered the light to 3' above the tops of the autos and they love it. Unfortunately even ~40" was to close for the baby plushberrys. These marsII are no joke and they either have way more penetration power then people are giving them credit for or there is something we don't understand going on. I have seen people put babies much closer to hps or mh of greater watts then I can get with this LED. The pictures of the plushberry plant was taken tonight, it was only that close for about 6-8 hours one day and then that much the second before I dropped them down to the floor yesterday and they still have not recovered fully.

I started very low stress training the autos. As a branch gets long enough I tuck the fan leaf from the node above it underneath it so the growing tips are not covered up by the big fan leafs above them. You can see this in the difference in the AK in the first set of pics and the second set.

The white widow got thrown out tonight :( She fell behind the others quite a bit when she got transplanted later then the rest and I can only flower three plants at a time. DO NOT start your Auto seeds in anything but the final container. I am sure this cost me some yield even though the others got transplanted very early.

Pictures from the feeding on 25th. They have already grown quite a bit since then.
IMAG028722.jpg
IMAG028919.jpg
IMAG028617.jpg
IMAG028513.jpg

Babies not to happy at the moment, pics taken tonight
IMAG029816.jpg
IMAG029619.jpg

Pictures of Autos taken tonight to show growth in last two days since feeding. I think they were hungry :morenutes:

IMAG030016.jpg
IMAG030219.jpg
IMAG030323.jpg
IMAG030415.jpg

Happy Munchday Smokey :thumb:

Fed Candy and Blue 1/3 strength iguana juice tonight. AK will be ready tomorrow. The plushberrys will be going in their new containers this weekend in high brix kit soil.

Thanks guys. I can see the start of buds on the blueberry and just starting on the AK now. Candy started growing hairs a couple days ago so she should start forming up some flowers soon too. These things are going to be tiny unless they start stretching like crazy. I think the tallest one is about 10" right now.

AK got 1/2 strength iguana juice last night.

Babies got transplanted to airpots and the high brix soil was started off with the transplant water and root zone powder last night also.

and the waiting game begins :rofl:
Chronic Weekend to you Smokey :thumb:

Haha so true Cronic.

Small update with pics. Not much been going on just growing away. Candy hasn't been to happy lately, her color and everything looks fine she has just been droopy and not standing up reaching for the light like the others. I don't think she likes the nutes or the increased light. I moved her out of direct light yesterday and she seemed to perk up a little bit today. She was also dried all the way out tonight and I soaked her good with just phd water. Any other ideas what could be making her unhappy? The most I have given berry and candy is 1/3 and ak 1/2 strength nutes. Any idea when I should switch to bloom ferts on these? Berry is farther along on the budage than the other two but they have also started forming up. I have been tucking the big fan leaves under the lower set of bud sites to try and get them as much light as possible and it seems to be working well so far.

Plushberry babies are photobombing a couple of the shots. I toped them a few days ago. The new leaf on the one is mostly purple, I am hoping this means its gonna be a purple pheno. I also got a seed out of some Candy Cane Kush I have been getting from the dispensary that I really like. I haven't been able to find the strain in a seed bank but its super smooth and tasty rock hard kush nugs with tons of red hairs. Then tonight I crack open a nug of bubba kush / headband and pull 8 seeds out of one bowl sized nug. I have no idea what happened to that nug but it clearly got very pollinated somehow. I am not sure if I should try and grow some of that out or not, I dont really like it but it clearly hasnt been grown properly and probably could be very good nug if grown right depending on whodababydadyis.

Blueberry
IMAG031516.jpg
IMAG031313.jpg
IMAG030913.jpg

AK49
IMAG030811.jpg

Candy Kush (not so happy)
IMAG031018.jpg

if its flowering give it some bloom nutes
if its not overwatering it does look really dark green maybe nitrogen toxicity?

if its flowering give it some bloom nutes
if its not overwatering it does look really dark green maybe nitrogen toxicity?

Thanks Cronic. I was thinking it might be nitrogen toxicity also but after doing some research on it I don't think it is. It and the AK have always been really dark even before they got any nutes, not sure if its just the strains or the LED or a combo of both. The leaves dont have any clawing at the tips and the stems were droopy along with the leaves. Also most importantly she has totally perked up this morning. I think she was just to dried out and or getting to much light, her pro-mix has never been as good at holding water as the other two. Not sure if I never got it soaked enough to start with or what so I soaked it really good last night and gave it about 3 gal of water. I still don't know what originally caused her to not be perky, I really think it was the light because it started right around when I lowered it and even before watering when she was quite dry she perked up a little bit from the one day of less light.

I think I am going to pick up some Iguana Juice Bloom today. I don't feel great about using almost 3 year old connoisseur.

ah at least you found the info you needed to find
yea 3 y rs old might be a tad out of date maybe even weak
I notice my silica blast over time starts getting chunky
that's with using what I need every week I don't count how long it lasts but it lasts long enough for the thing to start looking different lol
Happy Tokerday Smokey :thumb:

Have you given them any tea or Micorrhizae?

Nope, I have never used either of those although isn't the Micorrhizae in the pro-mix? They have only got at most 3 doses each plant of between 1/4 - 1/2 strength Iguana Juice Grow depending on the plant. The AK seems to like more then the rest. I didn't make it out yesterday to buy my nutes though my neck was destroyed all day so its not to late to switch and or use both. Does it take long to brew the tea? Berry needs watered tonight but the others are good still. Is it a single thing that you buy or a bunch of stuff? I want to keep it simple and cheap since I wont be using it past the autos, going all high brix from now on.

Thanks

Hi Smokey, I'm not an expert on tea making, but I can tell you what I've been doing.

It takes about 24 hours to brew it up. I think some people may go 48 hours. You just need a big bucket, some airstones and a pump. I brew 3-4 gallons of water at a time.

As for what you put in it, I think that varies also. I've made it a few times with the ingredients varying each time. But this last time, which I think was the best, I used some a couple of cups of organic compost, a couple of cups of Super Soil, a tsp or 2 of Oregonism Micorrhizae, two TBS of Molasses ( honestly not sure if I added more, but that is plenty ) I put all of that in a small mesh bag ( I used a gallon paint strainer back, thanks to a tip I found here on 420 ) and I bubbled it really good for 24 hours. The plants really go crazy for this stuff and helps develop the roots and the microbes in the soil. I think it just gives you an overall healthier plant. Depending on what you put in your tea, there will be some nutrients in there, but it's subtle. Some people go with manure or even add blood meal, etc. The compost I used was just vegetable compost.

If you do decided to try it. your plants will thank you for it! ( also note that some indoor garden shops brew up tea and sell it in a concentrate - then you just mix it with your water - but you need to use it the same day you buy it )

Not sure about high brix though and teas. I haven't gone there yet. I wouldn't mind trying high brix in the future, but only if it's all organic. I know the Pro Mix stuff isn't organic, so I can't use it. :/

Good luck!

Happy Weednsday Smokey :thumb:
theres a recipe or 2 running around on this site

Thanks for the info guys. Thats sounds like a little more than I want to get into right now. I tried getting some at the store the other day they used to sell it already brewed up but he said not enough people bought it to keep doing it. I ended up gettins some advanced nutes pre mixed up tea fert stuff and the iguana bloom. Im sure its not as good as the real thing but its in a bottle and easy :D

Back
Top Bottom