Snax First Poor Man's Grow Journal 2015 - I'm A Novice & All Help Is Welcome

T5's can be had cheap on ebay you can pick up a quantum bad boy for like 200$ not sure cost there but couldn't be much more
Those are the best t5's imo

Thanks yeah those journals and threads are from years of slowly adding on I started with a 400watt MH/HPS set up like 2001 indoor. that was my first year indoor in Montana, then I moved to Hawaii then back home to Washington so lots of time since then

The cfl "rule" of lighting I am following for my girls is: 100 watts ( true not equivalent ) per plant and 50 extra for any additional plants. So right now I am somewhere around 160 watts for 2 girls, of mixed light ( I like to give my girls both spectrum's, both warm and cool, even in flowering I maintain a balanced ratio ).

Hope this helps :cheer:

:circle-of-love:

even in bloom you only give them 100 watts per plant crazy!!!
I give mine roughly 350 per plant based on my 8400 watt setup!
what are your yields gram per watt and total plant? just curious very intereting

I went from seedling to early veg with 3 babies with 2x40W and 2x30W CFLs, daylight spectrum 6,400k for the first few weeks very successfully but then switched to a P450 LED panel. I'd have needed much more CFL power to grow them all the way however. daTenshi grows some super looking plants. She knows of what she speaks. And Dutty really knows his work - more is always better.

Hope that helps, Snax.

The cfl "rule" of lighting I am following for my girls is: 100 watts ( true not equivalent ) per plant and 50 extra for any additional plants. So right now I am somewhere around 160 watts for 2 girls, of mixed light ( I like to give my girls both spectrum's, both warm and cool, even in flowering I maintain a balanced ratio ).

Hope this helps :cheer:

Thanks DaTenshi's, CFL's are defiantly the only way for me as i have seen what they can do. I didn't think you should or could use both spectrum's in the different stages. Have you ever done it with just cool 6000k+ lights? and if you have done it that way, would you say there was a big difference between the both spectrum's and just the one spectrum light in veg and flower?

I went from seedling to early veg with 3 babies with 2x40W and 2x30W CFLs, daylight spectrum 6,400k for the first few weeks very successfully but then switched to a P450 LED panel. I'd have needed much more CFL power to grow them all the way however. daTenshi grows some super looking plants. She knows of what she speaks. And Dutty really knows his work - more is always better.

Hope that helps, Snax.

I've worked out by going through a lot of the journals on here that there is so much good info and all of it is great and so helpful.

Reading through some of them i worked out that although everyone is giving the same info on the same subject/stage of the plant, everyone's info on the way they look after there plants is each to there own and i'm sure they all work out for your grows great. I guess you can say there isn't any really wrong way of doing it just the way that suits each person to there plants.

Now as a Novice/Beginner grower i'm struggling to work out what info will suit me and my grow and it's a lot to take in, but please keep it coming because it's all very helpful so thanks to everyone

A few pic's of Day 21/22

So after receiving some much needed advice... Thanks everyone! I add a few more CFL's so now i got 6, 6400K 30watt CFL's and moved it as close as i could without it getting burnt. Now i have been reading for the past hour about both spectrum lights from start to finish and it looks good but just waiting for a hopeful a reply from DaTenshi :) before switching it up.

I don't think the pic's ever do the plants justice because they always look so small in pic's so put a lighter in the pic's so you can see where they are up to. Also she got a little burnt some time last week as you will be able to see on the pic's.

20150125_221253.jpg

20150126_164657.jpg

20150126_164752.jpg

20150126_165656.jpg

20150126_165706.jpg

20150126_165817.jpg

The texture & color look perfect Snax.

I really don't pay much attention to the breeders grow time because a lot of factors are involved; light, temps, RH, etc...
But that's just my opinion.

Thanks DaTenshi's, CFL's are defiantly the only way for me as i have seen what they can do. I didn't think you should or could use both spectrum's in the different stages. Have you ever done it with just cool 6000k+ lights? and if you have done it that way, would you say there was a big difference between the both spectrum's and just the one spectrum light in veg and flower?

I've always used both spectrum's so far, for all stages of growth.

Girls looking amazing! Good job.

If you have any warm (2,7k) I would add some in flowering at least.

:goodjob:

Happy Sunday Everyone. Been a few days since i've had a chance to get on and do an update. Just been going through all the Journals i have Subbed to and all the ladies are looking great..

I have been messing around with a few things in the grow tent because things just didn't seem right with my temp's and humidity going crazy. Found out my extraction fan was running slow and i had a rip in the tent that was letting in to much dampness. Anyways all fixed and back on track hopefully.

Been looking at my hood and lights for a few weeks and they wasn't really cutting it so they got tossed out and built a new one that had better lighting and for the ladies.

So all this light i was using on one plant was driving me nuts and i had a few seeds that my friend was starting off for me and they wasn't looking to good in his tent so i took them back and there getting the TLC they need now. My friends lights were way to far away so the girls got really stretched out so i hope they pull through.

A few pic's of the old hood, the new hood and "Sexy Lexie" Day 27
Old Hood was wasting way to much light!
20150131_171451.jpg

20150128_005406.jpg

20150128_005346.jpg

20150131_171349.jpg

20150131_171409.jpg

New Hood
Will see how this goes but looking for higher watt lights.
20150130_213358.jpg

20150130_213406.jpg

20150130_213417.jpg

20150131_171441.jpg

The New Ladies. Day 13
A little stretched out but healthy.
20150131_171246.jpg

20150131_171252.jpg

20150131_171305.jpg

20150131_171317.jpg

20150131_171429.jpg

Hope Everyone Has Had A Great Weekend And Thanks For Checking In!!

Let there be light!!!​

Hey man hows it going? I see your plants are stretching a great deal. If the stem gets to thin and stretchy eventually it will fall over because it cant support the leaves. What I would do is carefully dig each stretched one up and replant it so most of that stretch is under the soil. The part under the soil will switch hormones and begin to put out roots and the plant will grow faster. I slice the outer stem wall a bit and slice it up a inch or half inch this way the buried part produces more roots and has a larger surface area. Next I would lower the cfl to with 2 inches preferably within a inch away. If the light fixtures arent movable or if you have varied size plants you can use books or vhs cases or something similar that you can place under the container to raise it to the lights and as the plant grows you can remove them 1 at a time. Hope everything is going well. Dont give up you are doing pretty good. Have a good day

Back
Top Bottom