Sour Diesel #8 Indoor, 2x600W - Soil - FF Nutes

Re: Sour Diesel #8 indoor, 2x600w, soil, FF nutes

I wish I had more subscribers to tell this to, but to anyone that does check thru here, there is a great pot movie that was just released this month called Leaves of Grass. Its a movie about a grower and his twin brother, an ivy league professor, both played by Ed Norton. Tim Blake Nelson (the other brother in O' Brother Where Art Thou, among other flicks) wrote, directed, and starred in it. It takes place in Nelsons home town of Tulsa, so I think this really was a bit of a personal/message kinda flick for him. Unfortunately it looks like it never got picked up, straight to DVD, so it would be cool if us growers could maybe get behind it and at least bring it up to cult status. Its pretty much in the same general flavor as the movies "Homegrown" and "The Money Tree", but personally I think even a bit more depth. Theres also a pretty cool and trippy verticle cascading/descending rotating PVC hydro grow set up that looks pretty rad from what they show....wonder where that came from?
:peacetwo:

Beautiful girls and great photos! :popcorn: Will try and find the movie.

Mahalos Tmac!! Glad you stopped in, and yeah, its a cool movie and if nothing else worth seeing for the trippy vert garden.
Aloha and :peacetwo:

Girls are looking fantastic Van...and thanks for the movie tip, I'll check it out..:thumb:
seems a lot of people here using foxfarms nutrients, and greating great results too and I was thinkin to maybe do a comparison grow(flower period anyway first) alongside biobizz...trouble is I cant seem to find a seller outside of the States...dya know if its available over europe way? :peacetwo: bp
Medijuana - DIY Cabinet, Perpetual Grow, Airpots, Soil w/LST

Girls are looking fantastic Van...and thanks for the movie tip, I'll check it out..:thumb:
seems a lot of people here using foxfarms nutrients, and greating great results too and I was thinkin to maybe do a comparison grow(flower period anyway first) alongside biobizz...trouble is I cant seem to find a seller outside of the States...dya know if its available over europe way? :peacetwo: bp
Medijuana - DIY Cabinet, Perpetual Grow, Airpots, Soil w/LST

Aloha and Mahalo Bass! I tried checking FF website for any retailer in Europe but didn't find anything. You might have to order and have shipped from somewhere (ebay, amazon seem to have good prices, or any other hydro store). Maybe you know already, but its a two part flower nutes, Tiger Bloom is the macro-nutrient (2-8-4) and Big Bloom is the micro (.01-.03-.07). I would recommend if you do decide to try, buy the 32oz (quart) of the TB to 128oz (1gal) of BB. About the highest dose of TB I use is 5 tsp/gal, the BB I use up to 1/2 cup/gal, so I burn thru the BB WAY faster. Even with the # of plants I am running I am still on my first gal of TB after about a year (its almost done, just a few more feedings) and I think I have been thru at least 5 gal of BB in the same time. If you every decide to try their veg nutes (Grow Big, 6-4-4), they go even farther than the TB, I am still less than 1/2 way thru a gal in a year (I am thinking of donating the remainder to a friend just so I can get some fresh stuff), so go for the quart. I would love to see you run a comparison, you already have such great results going on your current grow so it would be interesting.
Thanks for checking out my grow and have a good one brother!

I was inspired, so here's some more pics. First, group shot of the flower area, the 8 on the left are 15 days, 6 on the right are 44 days-
10_25_001.jpg

right side-
10_25_002.jpg

left-
10_25_003.jpg

10_25_004.jpg

and the money shots...lol ;)

10_25_005.jpg

10_25_006.jpg

10_25_006-1.jpg

10_25_007.jpg

10_25_009.jpg

Pakaloha

What a grow man +rep and keep up the good work. Im in!!!

Happy growin!:tokin:

What a grow man +rep and keep up the good work. Im in!!!

Happy growin!:tokin:

Aloha Bud and thanks for checking out my grow! I didn't get the rep points, but thanks for the good words and the thought.

Aloha and Mahalo Bass! I tried checking FF website for any retailer in Europe but didn't find anything. You might have to order and have shipped from somewhere (ebay, amazon seem to have good prices, or any other hydro store). Maybe you know already, but its a two part flower nutes, Tiger Bloom is the macro-nutrient (2-8-4) and Big Bloom is the micro (.01-.03-.07). I would recommend if you do decide to try, buy the 32oz (quart) of the TB to 128oz (1gal) of BB. About the highest dose of TB I use is 5 tsp/gal, the BB I use up to 1/2 cup/gal, so I burn thru the BB WAY faster. Even with the # of plants I am running I am still on my first gal of TB after about a year (its almost done, just a few more feedings) and I think I have been thru at least 5 gal of BB in the same time. If you every decide to try their veg nutes (Grow Big, 6-4-4), they go even farther than the TB, I am still less than 1/2 way thru a gal in a year (I am thinking of donating the remainder to a friend just so I can get some fresh stuff), so go for the quart. I would love to see you run a comparison, you already have such great results going on your current grow so it would be interesting.
Thanks for checking out my grow and have a good one brother!

Is FF truly organic?
:peacetwo: bp

Is FF truly organic?
:peacetwo: bp

Easy answer is- its both. Here is a maybe a helpful description taken from a Planet Natural (a hydro store)-

All nutrients and plant foods, both synthetic and organic must be converted to a molecular form that plants can utilize. Plants do not recognize the difference between synthetic chemical or organic nutrient sources, however the soil does. Organic fertilizers are exceptional in creating long term benefits in soil. They encourage large populations of beneficial micro-organisms which facilitates nutrients to become immediately available to the plants.

Organic fertilizers help to maintain overall soil fertility by supplying vital organic matter, improving soil structure, and delivering nutrients. Organic fertilizers release gradually over time, which enables the soil to become a reservoir of stored plant foods. Applied regularly, Fox Farm fertilizer products will improve your soil's fertility for years to come.

Most synthetic fertilizers are formulated to be fast acting. They typically have a higher concentration of nutrient than do natural organic fertilizers, and are salt or acid based. Because plants can only absorb a certain portion of these types of fertilizers, some residue is left behind in the soil, or is leached out due to rainfall and watering. This can affect microbial populations, decrease soil fertility and contaminate ground water.

Fox Farm has "combined the best of technology with the goodness of nature" to create an extraordinary formula utilizing the best of both the organic and synthetic methods of plant nutrition. These organic based products promote essential regenerative qualities, such as increasing beneficial microbe populations which jump start your garden's ecosystem and keep it thriving. This means better nutrient uptake, more disease resistant plants and spectacular end results! Potent low salt fertilizers have been added in just the right amounts to provide for quick, stable, healthy growth and abundant blooms, without the harmful side effects of runoff and unwanted salt residual in the soil.

hope this helps a bit

everything looks GREAT keep it up man!...why no topping though?

Thanks bro!
I am doing some topping and leaving some natural. Still trying to find the optimal height/structure combo for my set-up to max overall yield. There is no LST possible on these girls, they just dont bend without breaking (which I verified with my local expert is a physical trait of this pheno). So I play around with topping a few at different times/nodes on each batch to see what works best for this strain and my room. The first batch the ones left natural where both 2oz dried, the topped ones ~1.25oz per, so untopped produced better. Also, I try to keep my canopy in kind of a stadium configuration, the shorter/topped, branchy in the middle and the taller on the outside. That way, if I was to take a string from the center of the HPS to the top of each plant they are nearly equidistant, instead of the outside plants tops being farther away. I also have the benefit of light spill between the two 600s, so I like to have even taller plants (thus not topped) for the center getting hit by both sides, which should be the REAL producers. With 600s I should have 2' vertical of good usable light (for those that dont know, the light from these HIDs diminish at the inverse square from point of origin, which means with the tops being about 1' away from the bulb they get 300w, 1' below that they get 150w, and 1' more and its 75w, which is enough to still push the lower branches) and more in the convergence of the two 600s, so still fine tuning how to make best use of it all. Sorry for such a long answer, weed makes all this info rattling in my brain spew forth!! :tokin:

Wow, on the right side of your group shot, the plant in the far right back corner has some fat ass buds on it!!!!
How long are your SD's taking to finish from clone?

Mahalos brother!! I plan on running a full service journal here, so I will get you a good shot or two of that girl in a little bit so stay tuned or come back soon. :thumb:

the first good batch I harvested at 8 weeks flower time, but they probably could have gone a little longer had I not been having some heat issues. Now I have another AC and NO heat problems, so they might get closer to 10 weeks. They are about 6.5 now, so I'll start really monitoring the trichs in the next week or so. The clones are taking about 5-6 weeks to get to the right height (10-14") to flower, so I guess I'd say 16 weeks max from clone to harvest
:peacetwo:.

i see what you saying i was gunna leave on of my sour D untopped and see how it does.

sounds good, you gonna start a journal? If you do, let me know!

Wow, on the right side of your group shot, the plant in the far right back corner has some fat ass buds on it!!!!

Mahalos brother!! I plan on running a full service journal here, so I will get you a good shot or two of that girl in a little bit so stay tuned or come back soon. :thumb:

:peacetwo:.

The Back Right Girl (imagine you are a fly coming in for a landing on the top bud, getting closer, and closer, and closer, closer, coming in for the landing...and then getting stuck in a gooey mess of sticky resin....lol)

10_26_001.jpg

10_26_002.jpg

10_26_003.jpg

10_26_003-1.jpg

10_26_003-2.jpg

10_26_003-3.jpg

these sour d's dont seem to produce big long colas, but super round and dense, so all these tops (at least 7 on this one) should all finish at 6+ grams a piece, then there's plenty other smaller stuff down the stocks and all the other lower branches, so I am getting more confident on getting the group up to 2oz average.
aloha

Back
Top Bottom