Sour Diesel #8 Indoor, 2x600W - Soil - FF Nutes

Re: Sour Diesel #8 indoor, 2x600w, soil, FF nutes

Wow that is some camera work! Fantastic photos!! Beautiful subject!! :thumb:

Mahalo bro, they are one of my favorite subjects, and I love photography!
:peacetwo:

High Van, not sure how I missed this one so long. I am a huge huge fan of SD. Never heard of the #8... You know I have talked to the breeder (Rezdog) a time or two and he is not really a bad guy when you get him on a one-one basis. He just has a lot of haters because he is so egotistical lol. I like that part of him myself.. If you got it flaunt it. You know the most money I ever spent for weed in my life was for some Sour D when I was in Houston, a long way from home and needing something other than the Mexican Brick weed over there. Anyway, huge props on a great grow, and reputation as well. You can get 9 oz every 2 months, not too shabby, even if you do not increase it. You are dialing though and it should get better each time. Again, great props. I would love to grow that cut out myself. You sure keep it cool in there.

High Van, not sure how I missed this one so long. I am a huge huge fan of SD. Never heard of the #8... You know I have talked to the breeder (Rezdog) a time or two and he is not really a bad guy when you get him on a one-one basis. He just has a lot of haters because he is so egotistical lol. I like that part of him myself.. If you got it flaunt it. You know the most money I ever spent for weed in my life was for some Sour D when I was in Houston, a long way from home and needing something other than the Mexican Brick weed over there. Anyway, huge props on a great grow, and reputation as well. You can get 9 oz every 2 months, not too shabby, even if you do not increase it. You are dialing though and it should get better each time. Again, great props. I would love to grow that cut out myself. You sure keep it cool in there.

The journals only been up for a week, so it hasn't been long at all. I had never heard of the SD's categorized into pheno #s either (we are all pretty much familiar with NL#5, thats likely either out of a subset of either 8 or 16, and thats pretty much the case of any of the genetics you see without a specific pheno listed), but fortunately (and I sh!t you not) I have been introduced to somebody of international cannabis significance that knows and appreciates (and confirmed as much as possible) the SD 8's. And thats how I know that I am not just being a noob in not being able to LST these SD, one of the characteristics of the 8's is brittle stems. Also the short, squat, super dense buds/small main cola. Between those physical characteristics and the unmistakable taste (and great high) this person was very confident on the pheno distinction.
Maybe I made my yield totals a little confusing, I pulled 9 off my last harvest of six under one 600, I am hoping for ~12 on the next under one 600 coming in about 2 weeks, and under the other 600 a batch that I think should yield 12-16oz that is 4 weeks behind, so my set up should be yielding 12-16oz every 4-5 weeks keeping an overall total of less than 24 plants to do so (alternating batches of 6 nd 8). My county has a law that mandates basically no prosecution of 24 or less, and even confiscation could be criminally challanged. Its still all being sorted out a little, but I'm willing to be on the front line supporting our county law that 53% voted for. But anyways my county has lowest enforcement priority for cannabis for plants-24 or less AND 24 dried smokable oz of material not including roots/stalk/shade leaf. My set up addresses this perfectly, and by no means compares to the majority of people taking advantage of our county law growing 20 footers long season and 5 footers short season (yes, we have two glorious outdoor seasons here, its true). As long as you have 24 plants or less and less than 24 REAL oz, no problem. But yeah, here I go on the rambling stoner thing, but should be soon reaching ~14oz a month or so average using the two 600's on alternating batches of 6 and 8 plants as I get it dialed in, gifting excess to keep the bank below 24 oz total while curing everything to perfection. :yummy::thumb::peacetwo:
PS, I can talk a lot!:tokin:

Also, a follow up on some of the info from the last posting, I am pretty confident that these SD's could absolutely KILL in a high plant#/low height sog or scrog, but due to the county laws and the physical traits of the plant, I am trying to max things in other specific ways. If I didn't have to worry about plant #'s and could run a sog I think I could get these well over 1g/w very quick, by another batch or two.

Doing some work to the moms so I figure I'd get some pics.

Sour D mom-
10_28_001.jpg

Purple Nurple mom to be-
10_28_002.jpg

10_28_005.jpg

and one of the Sour D's at I think 18 days of flower today-
10_28_003.jpg

10_28_004.jpg

Cool, :peacetwo:

the mom looks great!!! so full!! question why is the purp nurp mom so skinny and stretched?

cool, thanks, the SD mom is pretty much way overly full for my needs any more and now I have to prune way more than I can clone. I hate just chucking tops, but just cant go over my #'s...so sad.
that p nurple is fairly new to me and maybe 1/4 the size of the SD is, and she was not in the best shape when I got her, in fact she was already starting to flower, so it took a bit for her to come out of flower and I had to trim off what was already flowering. Im just getting used to how she grows, much different than the SD. Really her nodal spacing is right about 2", and I think I prefer around that more than 1" nodal spacing for my mom/clone, and only try stacking the nodes at 1" on stuff I'm going to flower. The fact that she only throws a single branch set per node might make her look a little skinnier than usual too. I'll likely have to grow these a lot different than the SDs to get the same yield, probably LST or maybe scrog cause they can bend plenty easy. Thanks for the question and interest.

Aloha Van :thumb:

Sorry just found you ol friend :cool:

Being lazy between grows and just regaining some strength and stamina.

So your doing SD now. Very, very nice strain. Looks like you've got a great set up and are rolling already. Shoots!

Great looking girls you have there Bro. :hippy:

I'll start my next grow within the next two weeks, at least that's da plan. Got about 20 keikis in veg and germ. Couple of SDs in there two!

Still plant and pot just like you taught me to. It works well. :):):)

I'll be nosing around and watching you work your magic! :morenutes:

Gonna try the perpetual grow this time.....hope we both do better than we think we will! :yahoo:

If I ever get to live my dream (get a job on one of the islands) I will save you from having to chuck away tops... at least one time. I would love to have that strain growing. An old favorite.

Aloha Van :thumb:

Sorry just found you ol friend :cool:

YAY!! OMM in da house!! :slide::slide:

Being lazy between grows and just regaining some strength and stamina.

Taking breaks, or down time is a good thing I think. You doing OK?

So your doing SD now. Very, very nice strain. Looks like you've got a great set up and are rolling already. Shoots!

Great looking girls you have there Bro. :hippy:

I'll start my next grow within the next two weeks, at least that's da plan. Got about 20 keikis in veg and germ. Couple of SDs in there two!

Tanks Braddah!! Thats awesome you're gonna run the SDs too, I am trying to subscribe to and watch as many sd grows as possible, so having you to watch as well will be great!! Cant wait to see what else you got in the stable!:yummy:

Still plant and pot just like you taught me to. It works well. :):):)

I am honored to have been a small part of your devlopement into a REAL grower!!

I'll be nosing around and watching you work your magic! :morenutes:

LOL, mahalos!! but really I think its more like they are the magicians and I am just the apprentice. I am constantly asking 'is this right master?', and when it is, they reward me by showing me some magic!

Gonna try the perpetual grow this time.....hope we both do better than we think we will! :yahoo:

I am ALL for that brother!! :thumb:

If I ever get to live my dream (get a job on one of the islands) I will save you from having to chuck away tops... at least one time. I would love to have that strain growing. An old favorite.

Aren't pipe dreams fun ;) , and yeah, feel free to include me in the dream anytime... handing you a tray of 10 sour d clones every few weeks and every month getting together and spending the whole day down at the beach comparing how our nugs turned out!! :tokin: That would work for me bro.

My dream is living on the dryer, Kona side of the Big Island. Had some fun at a resort there called the Waikaloa, but traveled all over the place. Seen the black sand, green sand, white sand beaches, swam and snorkeled with turtles, picked my own macadamian nuts, visited the living volcano, went whale watching on a hobycat catamiran saleboat, went to the nut factory, watched surfers surf in Hilo after a hurricane passed, trekked the botanical gardens, you name it. Scored refer from Skate Boarders on Kona Beach for $40 a q.

Went to Oahu a couple times. Not as much fun, but still fun. Too many people, weed was high priced and in small amounts ($20 per gram at the swap meet near Pearl Harbor). Had fun, just more of a city fun than on the big island.

I have a friend that lives in Waikiki that would put me up if I ever got a job there. That would be the key. Get a good job in Hawaii, move there, live there and retire there.

Not too far fetched of a dream to live there and visiting is even easier. I have enough miles with Delta to swing a trip there any time.

aloha bra

Looking great! I need to get myself a mother like the ones that you have.....sadly i cant start clones for another month :( thanks to having some fun with auto flowers lol

Keep up the good work!:morenutes:

OK, here's an update I didn't want to do tonight (or ever), but it is what it is. Yesterday before lights out I saw some white patches on the older girls, this morning they were worse and my fears were confirmed...powdery mildew. BOOO!!! heres a pic (there were a few leaves a little worse, but I cut them before I thought to take a pic)-

10_29_004.jpg

So I am pulling all 6 older girls tomorrow morning before the lights come on. I dont think there will be much lost except for how much better they would have been in a week, but glad I caught it when I did. So, here is a last brief homage to this batch (just gonna show off one, then group shots, woulda done them all if I had time)-
10_29_003.jpg

10_29_002.jpg

her lowest/smallest branch/top bud-
10_29_001.jpg

a couple progressive close ups on trichs-
10_29_005.jpg

10_29_005-4.jpg

and the group shots (turned the light off over them, but the other is still running)-
10_29_007.jpg

10_29_008.jpg

So, thats the scoops for now. Tomorrow I'll get some harvest/wet trim pics.

Hey, sorry to hear about the mildew, i have never had it myself but im sure it could happen in time lol. They look real good other then a bit of an early harvset. Cant wait to seem them girls all cleaned up after a good trip!

Keep up the good work!

Hey Van :surf:

Man sorry about the mildew. :smokin: More fans may help? Well, we do get our share of humidity. :smokin: Don't know how the weather is there...plenty of rain over here! Too much rain over here. What do I expect on the windward side! :popcorn:

I'd say G-Dog should have had some fun staying at the the Waikaloa. Great place to stay. I only go other side here when I absolutely have too. Too many people. Still tripping on the fact that your back! :rollit:

My dream is living on the dryer, Kona side of the Big Island. Had some fun at a resort there called the Waikaloa, but traveled all over the place. Seen the black sand, green sand, white sand beaches, swam and snorkeled with turtles, picked my own macadamian nuts, visited the living volcano, went whale watching on a hobycat catamiran saleboat, went to the nut factory, watched surfers surf in Hilo after a hurricane passed, trekked the botanical gardens, you name it. Scored refer from Skate Boarders on Kona Beach for $40 a q.

Went to Oahu a couple times. Not as much fun, but still fun. Too many people, weed was high priced and in small amounts ($20 per gram at the swap meet near Pearl Harbor). Had fun, just more of a city fun than on the big island.

I have a friend that lives in Waikiki that would put me up if I ever got a job there. That would be the key. Get a good job in Hawaii, move there, live there and retire there.

Not too far fetched of a dream to live there and visiting is even easier. I have enough miles with Delta to swing a trip there any time.

aloha bra

Sounds like you did it up right when you were on the Big Island!
I lived in and around Waikiki for a while, yeah, no thanks! Fun for a night out, not to live. I am more of a country/jungle kinda guy.
Much Aloha

Back
Top Bottom