Spimps 2013 1st Grow - Ghetto Micro

IMAG08923.jpg

15.3g dry weight

In the jar to cure!! :party::party: Its pretty close to double the first girls yield! :):) Lots of popcorn nugs, but it was close to 9g just in top nugs. Im MORE THAN HAPPY!!!!
Al thats left is my smoke repot, and my detailed analysis. Both should come within the week :):):)[/QUOTE]

Congrats Spimp! That is a beautiful jar of buds!reps:thumb::green_heart::welldone:

Smoke Report, 2nd Batch.
1 week dry with constant airflow. 3 days curing so far

Taste 7/10
Effect 6/10

I broke up a couple popcorns what amounted to 3 big bong rips. Very tasty going down. Slight lemon flavor. But the exhale is a real earthy indca type taste if that makes sense. Im a fan purps and blues and couch lock. This has a more commercial type deepness to it.

Effect is muy beuno! Ive been in perma-grin for the last 30 mins. ;) Not as serebrel as the first girl, this is probably more about amber levels than strain differences. Also getting some couch lock which i like. I dont mind shutting down and watching something completly stupid on the tube to wind down. And this will be good for that!

The first Cure is getting super nice. The buds have crisped evely now and the chlory taste is gone. Too bad she almost is too. :( I had to help out my brother with a nice nug and also gave a G to a buddy. I probably got 2g's left. :yummy:

Make that 1.5 g's left.... :tokin:

Grow report coming soon!

Flower Child;1779039 Congrats Spimp! That is a beautiful jar of buds!reps:thumb::green_heart::welldone:[/QUOTE said:
Thank YOU!!!! Im glad to see your back around. :circle-of-love: And sorry to here about the crazy few days u had.

Heres a pic:
IMAG09162.jpg

23w (actual) Cfl's. Mostly 2700k spectrum with other K values as well. 1650 lumens each. Currently I have 10 in my new grow box so 230 actual watts, 16500* "theoritical" lumens.

*we can have a discussion on "adding lumens", but I think we all know More Lights=More Meds. :)

Nice report spimp :) shame the first girls near gone but think those grams...... U didn't have to buy :)
And I see big things in the future for u dude u done so well off basically not much u no what I mean u got a gift for growing

Wow my lumen debate again lol hey I think we were right ;)
U can add them together like watts hehehe but don't tell anyone

I agree. Mixed spectrum is closest to the big HPS in the sky. :) I think the spectrums are often confused. People say 6500k for veg is best. 2700k for flower is best. But I think thats based on an either/or situation. If you cant have them all, then yes choose one and grow. But if you can have a few other spectrums, I think that keeps them growing and budding better. But thats strickly opinion, no facts.

And an interesting opinion :)
My basic understanding is they use whites n blues high specs in veg and reds/oranges in flower low specs

I suppose the wider the range of spectrum the better it has to be. But within keeping with the higher specs dnd lower specs for the two stages :)

Duel spec hps bulbs are good for both at 5000k
But metal halide at at higher kelvin whiter lights are better for veg
I wounded if a 2700k hps would out perform a dual spec hps ? Theory days yes
Dunno if iv seen 2700k hps come to think of it

Heres a thought. If single spectrums were optimal, wouldn't there be like a color shade for outdoor growing? :hmmmm: Maybe I just lost a million dollars by not trademarking that LOL

I will argue the other side just for argument sake. If the Sun provides all spectrums at the same time that doesn't mean that a plant uses all spectrums equally or even at all. A plant uses what it needs at the times it needs. From what I understand you can VEG and flower with 2700K but... You can't flower with 6500K (supposedly you get very light, small and airy buds).

Also if a wide spectrum was better wouldn't people have a metal halide and an HPS light going in flower?

Disclosure: I use 6500k (daylights) for vegetative on 20/4 and 2700k for flowering 12/12.

. A plant uses what it needs at the times it needs....You can't flower with 6500K (supposedly you get very light, small and airy buds).

Well then wouldnt you want it to be there for the plant to use? :)
And flowering is buds sir even fluffy ones. Just not effective.

Im definatley not saying its 100% fact that a mixed spectrum is better. Im pretty sure the guys who write all the articles do lots of research and have lots of facts and what not to back them up. I think you and the mainstream opinion is correct.
My view is i dont think a MJ plant just says "when the first pistol shows, we switch from 6500k to 2700k only!" I think its a progression. Using the Blue means Grow, Red means Bud idea, I think its a mixture of purples, burgandys,etc along the way. I think during stretch the plant needs growing light more than budding light and so on. Its kinda a everflowing situation. Kinda a fade to red if you will. But this is mearly thought and conjecure. No facts, only my mind and a bong. :)
:roorrip:
Btw, I appreciate good conversation. :) And also, Im old enough now to know my opinion isnt always right. :peace:

Kind of a fade to red if you will. But this is merely thought and conjecture. No facts, only my mind and a bong.

Btw, I appreciate good conversation. And also, I'm old enough now to know my opinion isn't always right.

LOL :) Thanks for playing along. Hey! I kind of agree with you. For one we only have a billion years of mother nature growing stuff to support a wide diversity of light spectrum.

So I will go ahead and give you me 2 cents. I agree a wide spectrum is probably better mainly supported by mother nature. I have no hard facts to support my argument.

Now! Why doesn't everyone use a wide spectrum? Because commercial indoor growers have proven you don't need to and the big one... Its to difficult?? For instance I would have to have several different bulbs/spectrums... then I would have to gradually move from one spectrum to the other changing bulbs here and there to imitate mother nature.

Take everything I am saying with a grain of salt. These are only my personal beliefs.

I actually do have some red spectrum in my VEG room. But no blue in flower.

Back
Top Bottom