Spimps 2013 1st Grow - Ghetto Micro

Time to wrap this baby up.
I made mistake after mistake in this grow. About the only thing right I did was find this site with an open mind. I saw advice and didnt follow it. I had an agenda that I manipulated in my mind in order to do what I wanted to do. Im gonna make this short and sweet and do it list style and if anyone has any specific q's, you guys know where to find me. :)

My biggest mistkes:
Didnt have a plan beyond a 3 inch sprout. I got lucky. I found you guys. :)
Didnt know how to grow anything, much less MJ.
Took for granted anything good for tomatoes is good for MJ.
Didnt know anything about lights,schedules, etc.
Tried Lst. Fimming, Topping, before I considered plant health.
Didnt understand the stretch and how big she was gonna get.
Didnt understand PH can causeyour plants to starve to death.
Underestimated the smell.
Tried defoliation before I had healthy plants and understood nutriant storeage.
Used not enough light.
Tried to rush things.
Harvested too soon on my first.

Heres the short list of things I think I did right:
Find :420:

Heres my top list of things Noob's shouldnt do:
OVER anything!! Over can kill, Under can be fixed. This is mainly for water, but nutes as well.
Tell anyone! If you tell one person, they will know your harvest date better than you...
Run before you can walk. Strive for a healthy plant before you try ANY technique. MJ seems to shut down to recoupe after stress so if she aint healthy, she may not make it.
Panic. If you have an issue, its gonna take a week to fix more than likely. Dont go trimming every fan leaf with a spot until you figure out whats wrong!
Harvest too early. The last two weeks can be 20% or more of your weight. Do you want 80g of fluffy MJ or 100 g of dense?
Be offended when someone gives you advice. There are great people here and everyopne tries to help everyone. Please take 3 secs to look at the source of the advice. They may know what they are talking about. ;) I saw a noob get pissed at a member basically telling him to stop with advice. The 'giver' of the advice was 2 time plant of the month and member of the month winner... I assume hes a decent grower. ;)

I want to thank everyone who followed along this ride!! Without YOU, I would not have madeit. Thank you :420:
A special shout out to Fish Cake. You made me feel like I was part of the community sir. I hope to give any noob's that same comfort blanket. :adore:

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

COMPLETED!!!!

Great job !! Enjoyed the lesson Spimp:bravo:

Time to wrap this baby up.
I made mistake after mistake in this grow. About the only thing right I did was find this site with an open mind. I saw advice and didnt follow it. I had an agenda that I manipulated in my mind in order to do what I wanted to do. Im gonna make this short and sweet and do it list style and if anyone has any specific q's, you guys know where to find me. :)

My biggest mistkes:
Didnt have a plan beyond a 3 inch sprout. I got lucky. I found you guys. :)
Didnt know how to grow anything, much less MJ.
Took for granted anything good for tomatoes is good for MJ.
Didnt know anything about lights,schedules, etc.
Tried Lst. Fimming, Topping, before I considered plant health.
Didnt understand the stretch and how big she was gonna get.
Didnt understand PH can causeyour plants to starve to death.
Underestimated the smell.
Tried defoliation before I had healthy plants and understood nutriant storeage.
Used not enough light.
Tried to rush things.
Harvested too soon on my first.

Heres the short list of things I think I did right:
Find :420:

Heres my top list of things Noob's shouldnt do:
OVER anything!! Over can kill, Under can be fixed. This is mainly for water, but nutes as well.
Tell anyone! If you tell one person, they will know your harvest date better than you...
Run before you can walk. Strive for a healthy plant before you try ANY technique. MJ seems to shut down to recoupe after stress so if she aint healthy, she may not make it.
Panic. If you have an issue, its gonna take a week to fix more than likely. Dont go trimming every fan leaf with a spot until you figure out whats wrong!
Harvest too early. The last two weeks can be 20% or more of your weight. Do you want 80g of fluffy MJ or 100 g of dense?
Be offended when someone gives you advice. There are great people here and everyopne tries to help everyone. Please take 3 secs to look at the source of the advice. They may know what they are talking about. ;) I saw a noob get pissed at a member basically telling him to stop with advice. The 'giver' of the advice was 2 time plant of the month and member of the month winner... I assume hes a decent grower. ;)

I want to thank everyone who followed along this ride!! Without YOU, I would not have madeit. Thank you :420:
A special shout out to Fish Cake. You made me feel like I was part of the community sir. I hope to give any noob's that same comfort blanket. :adore:

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

COMPLETED!!!!

Well said Spimp! Great summary and excellent advise. You should find a place to post it where everyone new to this site can access it!:thumb::circle-of-love:

Im gonna make this short and sweet and do it list style and if anyone has any specific q's, you guys know where to find me.

I like your list.

Don't Tell anyone! If you tell one person, they will know your harvest date better than you...

If you are doing a stealth grow... The above quote should be the #1 thing not to do.

Congrats on the grow, harvest and most important ... the knowledge gained :) :bravo:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I'm moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

dude, all I can say is keep it simple.im new also read all u can.ph is important I didn't check mine 4 the 1st 8 weeks and my girls are fine
2013-08-04_07_05_38.jpg
2013-07-28_16_12_41.jpg
2013-07-28_16_12_18.jpg
2013-08-04_07_04_25.jpg
2013-08-04_07_05_38.jpg
just don't over water 1or 2 times a week when new than water,water,nuts.plants know what 2 do let um do there thing this aint rocket science have fun don't stress.i made all the mistakes and still have awesome girls u can 2.PEACE OUT

Those look very nice :thumb:

Great read, so much information I would of never thought of! Glad to have you on-board Spimp!

Try twice the size of pot. Autos can grow into a 5gal easily, for example.

I have two auto mazars in 10 gallons, from the very start. The organic one is a beast. Looks like a regular plant at 3 feet tall. It is in my latest thread

ok buddy so I got some beans I'm bringing into this world and I'm looking into CFLs. They are like 9-10 bucks each. Looking at 2-3 plants in a tight box (3foot wide 3foot tall, 2foot deep) what is your professional micro grow opinion from your search. It'll be on a light strip on a board with some chains so I can raise and lower them as needed. I'm thinking 6 bulbs max, do you think I could get away with 3 6400s and mix in 3 2700s? Kind of nickel and dime'n myself lately but I just want to get the cycles and stages down, not looking for grade a but looking to get the best experience possible. Lay it out for me bro.

ok buddy so I got some beans I'm bringing into this world and I'm looking into CFLs. They are like 9-10 bucks each. Looking at 2-3 plants in a tight box (3foot wide 3foot tall, 2foot deep) what is your professional micro grow opinion from your search. It'll be on a light strip on a board with some chains so I can raise and lower them as needed. I'm thinking 6 bulbs max, do you think I could get away with 3 6400s and mix in 3 2700s? Kind of nickel and dime'n myself lately but I just want to get the cycles and stages down, not looking for grade a but looking to get the best experience possible. Lay it out for me bro.

You want 6400 kelvin cool white Florescent lights for vegetative growth and 2700 kelvin warm white Florescent lights for flowering.

Back
Top Bottom