Stealth Tire Grow

OK Here's what I would do.

A. figure out how many 3 gal buckets you can fit in there.
B. tie all the buckets together with a 1/2 OD line at the bottom of the buckets.
C. get the smallest water pump and glue it to the bottom of one of the bucket run the hose out the one of the lids; now you can flood and drain all the buckets at once.

D. Then I would cut a hole in the bucket lids for a 5" netpot and fill with hydro pebbles.
C. get a 3 valve air pump or less get any fishtank air pump and a 3 way + 3 air stones "i like foam ones" set them in the bottom of each bucket.

E. * optional. if you want more space for water find some water BAGS an lay them up in your tires with a hose coming down. ziptie the hose bottom exactly at the water level you want in one of the buckets. when the bucket runs low water will spill down the hose until the tip is coverd in water again and it creates a vaccum so the water stops again.

DWC is what your looking for, I'm sure theres alot of post about it here.

p.s. the 126 penatrator would even fit in there, its 13x 18 the 63 is all ya need IMO 13x 9

That's just it! The height of 3 Gallon buckets leaves no room for vegatation! :) I had 4 x 2.25 Gallon Soil buckets in there before, and it only left 20" of height to grow Vegatation! While on the current Grow that's not a problem, it very well could be on a good Hydro Grow.

What ever the Reservoir is it has to be Short, the root system will fill the container to any shape, but the vegatation is a different story! I lost one girl to LST this time around!

You mentioned Flood? I was looking at Aeroponic only, not a Flood and Drain system?

STG

Flooding I ment this is how you will drain nutes and put in fresh ones. You gotta do that ever week or 2.

You can definalty cut down those buckets. I have a system where the netpot is only 2 inches from the bottom, air foam right under it.

lets say yer buckets are 8" + 6" for the light an a lil clearence.

you got 36" - 14" 21" left, thats plenty. Just prune the top of your plant in veg, the will all bush out better!

IMO aeroponics is tough to get working in tigh spaces... Also DWC gives root plently of nutes for a Sealth grow

Ahhhh I see what your saying on the drain/fill now! Makes sense!

If the current grow is anything close to what a hydro grow would be, then 2 plants in this space is all it will support and not be too Crowded!

LSTing in not real hard, with the Weight system I used, just washers on a Paper Clip to weigh down the branch as it grows! Move the weight out as the Cola Grows and hell it grows horizontally and the center of the Plant becomes a BUSH as well!

Biggest issue with most Reservoir's I have seen is the NET pots are all too close together, ideally the net pots would need to be on the perimeter of the STG that would allow the SCROG to move to the center as it grows!

DWC? What does that stand for?

STG

Alright as far as the resivor goes you will be fine. IF you only need 2 plants, then you can use the extra ground space for a resivor.

You dont really need a resivor, you could just top the system of every day or so. But if you want one just get like some 2 liter bottles er somthin set them next to the buckets and tap them in to the bottoms of the 2 3gal buckets your plants are in.

Putting the resivor above the buckets "like in the tire sidewalls" is a better idea cause then gravity and a vaccum lock automaticly fill your plants bucket to the perfect water level.

DWC.JPG

On this STG Chamber, there's no more "Sidewalls" as all the SW's inside the Chamber have been cut out to create as large an open space as possible, but I see what your saying about keeping the buckets full to a certain level as the plant uses the water/nute mixture!

I saw in your tank you had a PVC pipe in it?

STG

It would make filling much easier, with a Ball valve on the RES Drain it would be simple to plumb out the back to a tray! The STG is about 4 to 5" off the ground on Casters, so a gravity Drain would work there, as long as root debris doesn't stop it up!

How does the LED lights account for the different wave lengths fo Veg/Flower? Need 2 different lights with different make-up of LED's?

STG

Na! its cool! those fans just pull the little heat the LED'S do make away from the board.

I can tell you It comes with brackets will be able to use. just mount the brackets to your top wood, I and slide the light up n down, u will see if you get one.

If it gets to cool in there just put a regular style bulb in one of them cfl fixtures ya got. The old style regular bulbs get burning HOT!

Just Thought Of Somthing.. Why not just put the resivor like in another piece of "stealth matther" above the stg like in an old tailgatin cooler. then run a hose from it to the vaccum lock spot in the bucket we taked about.

Hahaha! I hear ya! Only the Height issue remains! Every HIGH Yeilding plant I have seen needs 3 to 4 feet from medium to bud tips!

Speaking of Yeilds? I am also still wondering about Stalk OD to Yeild potential? Is there a direct corilation to the size of the stalk to the amount of Yeild potential?

Oh I thought about a Trap Door in a closet leading under the house, as I live in a Home with a 24" Crawl Space, Diging down a foot or so would give a nice Bed for inground or Hydro grow!

STG

Hey Meanbean: Trust me, we can control the Height! Old Girl is only 6 to 8" Tall! :) It's just that every high Yeilding plant I have seen was in that 3 to 4 foot size range. with Sativa being the exception! I will still LST the new Hydro grow as well, but will let them get much Taller before Topping them out!

Hey NE14AJ: Yeah well it was a first grow in Dirt, and the results will be ok for the limited space, but like everyone else, maximizing the yeild for the space available is what it's all about, as CROC (current Rate of Consumption) 1 oz/2 months the STG room could produce enough for 1 year of CROC easy!

STG

No, you do not need to connect any ventilation or ducting to the LED unit. It produces very little heat as it is, probably just enough to keep your plants warm during the winter.

just thought of somthing, ok memeber how we were talking about how to fill the resivor once plants in there? well memeber you asked me what that pvc pipe was for in tank and I said filling??

We just need to get you a 35" pvc pipe up from the bottom, bang you can fill from up there above the canopy!!

Back
Top Bottom