Stunger's Organic Balcony: Growing Daughters Of Mulanje: Watering Via Root Aeration Chambers

Hey Stung :)

Omg beautiful growing, and I swear every time I read greetings 420 enthusiasts my mouth smiles. Like I can’t even help it. Those words make me so happy lol! (Probs the bipolar bear kicking in)

Your garden is just lovely bloke :)

Churrrrrrrrrrrr lol

Hi CL, no not specifically, but my training now is a combo of supercropping and LST, of which I have to give them another round soon!
He called it back building and all it is is cutting 1/16-1/8” off the top cola. It won’t get taller but fatter. CL🍀

He called it back building and all it is is cutting 1/16-1/8” off the top cola. It won’t get taller but fatter. CL🍀
Ok, I remember @Light Addict writing about that a while back. And I did try it a couple of grows ago on a selected number of colas while leaving others as a control. But I didn't really see any difference or none that was obviously apparent, so it hasn't been something I have continued. I snipped off the very end like you noted but maybe some other factors were at play.

Omg beautiful growing, and I swear every time I read greetings 420 enthusiasts my mouth smiles. Like I can’t even help it. Those words make me so happy lol! (Probs the bipolar bear kicking in)

Your garden is just lovely bloke :)

Churrrrrrrrrrrr lol
Thanks Tra, glad you finished work now and relaxing (hopefully).
It's a beautiful wall of weed on the balcony. Fantastic photos! Love the fine trichomes on the fresh pistils.
Cheers Stinker, first day in a few that the sun came out, rain ahead so a quick update.
Stunning!
I bet.
Thanks Shed, restraint will be the key from here, they're just starting their stretch.

Ok, I remember @Light Addict writing about that a while back. And I did try it a couple of grows ago on a selected number of colas while leaving others as a control. But I didn't really see any difference or none that was obviously apparent, so it hasn't been something I have continued. I snipped off the very end like you noted but maybe some other factors were at play.
@KrissiCarbone wrote about it and said she was having success. Idk? I’m just going by what other members said. CL🍀

Update

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! We've got a break in the wind and rain today with some nice sunshine. Some of the wind was very strong but thankfully the plants were fine, but a heavy potted ornamental plant that had been standing solid for 22 years was blown over and smashed on the ground, it must have been at least 40kg, the plant's canopy must have been enough for the tipping point to occur.

So I've tried to grab a couple of closeups of pre flowers of each of the girls. They're stretching fast at the moment and I'll have get on to some training in the next few days to restrain them from getting too high, as I'm the one who wants to have the monopoly on getting high!

Mulanje HP preflowers

Mulanje ME preflowers

These plants are still vegging and tricky to uncover the pre flowers showing pistils. The first one shows just a small emerging nub of a pistil, and the second shows a couple of pistils showing from the other side of the stem, and what looks like an early pistil on the front having withered and turned brown.

Mulanje Sherbert preflowers

The Balcony lineup

Thanks for dropping by! May your own gardens be going wonderfully! :ganjamon:
Wow great pics. :adore:
Amazing detail.
And the group shots in the sun make me smile. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hope everything is going well my friend.
Take care. :passitleft:

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

I think it’s also about the week of flowering there in as well. CL🍀
Cheers CL, I still find it a little uncertain when to call the first week of flower when growing outdoors.
It was LA's Thread that I linked to in @Krissi Carbone 's thread when @Bode mentioned he remembered something about topping the cola's to reduce further height on one of her colas that was threatening her lights.
Cheers Azi, we got it from the same page then!
Wow great pics. :adore:
Amazing detail.
And the group shots in the sun make me smile. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hope everything is going well my friend.
Take care. :passitleft:
Thanks Bill, it was the first bit of sun for a few days, so like Howie I made my break for it! :laugh:
:passitleft:

Update - A momentary break in the weather, enough for a single photo

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! It's been a bit wet windy and humid of late. The wind is whistling and blowing outside, not ideal summer like.

I snapped 1 picture below when the wind briefly stopped before regathering. While the Mulanje Sherbert is the most advanced, she's a sativa dominant hybrid, consisting of 50% Mulanje and 50% Mango Sherbert an indica dominant strain. The centre one, the Mulanje ME, a sativa, who is approximately 75% Mulanje (12.5% Malawi 12.5% Ethiopian), and the rightmost, the Mulanje HP, a sativa, 50% Mulanje (25% Purple Honduras 25% Panama). All three are at the beginning or very early in their stretch. I think last year's were at this stage only into February, the downpipes of my root aeration chambers have been swallowed but I kind of know where they are.

As soon as I get some time free from interruption, and when the weather next permits, I want to give them all some training to reduce/control their height. That will be continual for a few weeks yet as I have bugger all height to play with. There will be a reasonable amount of growth/stretch to come so space is going to get further cramped. If I over train and one hermies on me then I get more space, but hopefully not.

I want to give some pest prevention soon too (weather permitting of course).

Pic from the Mulanje Sherbert's end

Cheers for popping in, hope your's is going great and alls well! :ganjamon:
<edit> apologies, uploaded old pic at first, corrected now.

Can you add an extension to your fill pipes? I do it with a 45* connector to make it easier to add water once they bush out.
I probably can, altho so far watering is ok as I have a narrow nose pliable rubber type doodah that I poke into the down pipe and pour water into, just a few seconds and each plant is done! I had no prior thought to stick an air chamber in the middle of my pots before you mentioned about SIPS and air gaps, so what I am doing for this grow is something only for one grow perhaps two, but if worthwhile then I can look into making something improved.

I probably can, altho so far watering is ok as I have a narrow nose pliable rubber type doodah that I poke into the down pipe and pour water into, just a few seconds and each plant is done! I had no prior thought to stick an air chamber in the middle of my pots before you mentioned about SIPS and air gaps, so what I am doing for this grow is something only for one grow perhaps two, but if worthwhile then I can look into making something improved.
I sure does making watering faster though, right? That's not the main benefit but no more watering slowly over the course of time. Literally takes as long as it does to pour your feed down the pipe.

So many benefits to growing with these things. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom