Stunger's Organic Balcony: Growing Daughters Of Mulanje: Watering Via Root Aeration Chambers

In the dead of night, Stunger preps for the night's training session:

spec-ops-soldier-uniform.jpg

Thank you Stunger, hey you and Bill are close to the same age, and again, never would have thought you were twice my age. Thought maybe you were young 40's. My old boss like 80 still into the plants.. I think this is 1 thing that helps keep us down to Earth more and keep sane and in peace with ourselves and our environment.. I thought Bill was like 25-35 yrs old 😂 it was that dirt biker as the picture that fooled me.
I know you have seen a lot of the world, it reminds me of this guy I bought a pack of seeds of his who has been involving himself with communities around the world in remote areas like you have but he has been collecting and sourcing genetics from these rare places and breeding with them.
I just thought about Bodhi because I seen an advertisement for North Atlantic seed co. And although maybe they don't carry Bodhi seeds, the name reminds me of the company I did get them from which is Great Lakes Genetics.. I know the names have great differences but mention a large body of water so that is how my brain works but...
To stay on track, Bodhi has a few pod casts that are worth checking out and if you chance to get any of his seeds the most affordable route is in the nft line which means not fully tested, so I got the Raz Unicorn which is the goji razz to his purple unicorn and have heard great things about both so 50$ vs one of the packs that have gone through testing on the Bodhi site are like 200-400$
Didn't mean to ramble so much it's a personel thing I guess. Well I'm gonna try that today when I dress them, already looking better today got worried yesterday because the lack of motion made the one finger sore, but moved it a bunch and did a few peroxide rinses washed good a few times too bc it was questionable looking, but after using the RSO salve it has made it look twice as good today, and am using regular antibiotic ointment with it too but the honey should do the same thing it sounds.
It's nice to have the extract on hand it literally makes the pain so tolerable, it's my dom. Hand too, I think without RSO I would be having a hard time with myself right nowvlol..now lol... but yes, safer inoculations for sure! That is what happens when you are moving too fast and not watching what your doing. You can't get comfortable, that's what happened said to myself this is nothing done it before... well now, I learned my lesson 😂

May the pollen be viable Stunger!
Thanks Otter! I feel that it will be viable. I had said previously that I wouldn't make any more seeds this grow, so I gave in to the temptation of making another variation of the Mulanje Sherbert, as well as testing the pollen!
In the dead of night, Stunger preps for the night's training session:
Cheers GDB! Holy Mackerel, if I wore that in the middle of the night my wife would freak out and wake the whole neighbourhood up, yeah nah, that is probably a bit too stealthy haha.
Thank you Stunger, hey you and Bill are close to the same age, and again, never would have thought you were twice my age. Thought maybe you were young 40's. My old boss like 80 still into the plants.. I think this is 1 thing that helps keep us down to Earth more and keep sane and in peace with ourselves and our environment.. I thought Bill was like 25-35 yrs old 😂 it was that dirt biker as the picture that fooled me.
Thanks CC! As they say, time waits for no-one and ages us all. Personally, I believe that the cannabinoids we take can really benefit our health. I consume a little bit of decarbed bud each day prior to sleep which helps for a solid sleep, but also, I think it helps with the general health of the body. There have been many claims by people of their cancers being reversed. So I plan continuing to partake in this herb for as long as possible.
I just thought about Bodhi because I seen an advertisement for North Atlantic seed co. And although maybe they don't carry Bodhi seeds, the name reminds me of the company I did get them from which is Great Lakes Genetics.. I know the names have great differences but mention a large body of water so that is how my brain works but...
Bodhi strains are legendary. I would love to get some of his, but here in NZ it is not easy getting them in, a lot of orders are stopped on the border and then one's investment is wasted. His seeds seem often out of stock on the sites that I view too.
but yes, safer inoculations for sure! That is what happens when you are moving too fast and not watching what you're doing. You can't get comfortable, that's what happened said to myself this is nothing done it before... well now, I learned my lesson 😂
I hope the burn treatment is progressing well. You just want to avoid any infection getting in at the wound site, but it wouldn't hurt to take a bit of Vitamin C over the day to assist the body generally. I rate Lypospheric Vitamin C highly for that reason because in that form almost all of it can be used by the body.
ooh yeah the african girls love to stretch , & the sherbert is looking as lovely as ever , it will be intersting to see if she gets pregnant from the year old pollen ,how did u store it ,what type of container? peace :peace: & take care
Thanks Uncle! It had been stored in the fridge with some desiccant pouches. Given the uncertainty of viability and a concern that my nice Mulanje pollen may be wasted, I might even selectively pollinate a stem or two of the 2 sativas when they have progressed into flowering a bit more.

That balcony gets more and more delicious with ever passing day, and it's really something how far ahead the Sherbert is compared to the others.

Love to see that pollen come out again...I'm sure it's all good and you'll have another fun harvest-time seed hunt coming! 🫘
Thanks Shed! I wasn't going to do any 'pollen chucking' this grow, but now I am keen to try to test the viability of the Mulanje pollen as it would be good to know, and also it seems silly not to attempt to have a go as the genetics should be wonderful and I'm keen for some seeds too.

hi stunger , how are u ,are there any signs of the pollinated stigmas receding / changing colour ?
I can't usually tell so soon, as other old pistils elsewhere start to die back. I think in a couple of weeks it should show something, but I am not too bothered. I have carried out one selective pollination and will do another soon, and also selectively pollinate the 2 sativas. If the pollen is not viable then I will get nothing, but otherwise there should be seeds.

Update - the sativas have stretched a lot - further training needed!

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! The 2 sativas seem to have stretched up to a foot in the last couple of weeks, and now are looking quite 'fluffy' and unruly, as well as getting too much height. I have lowered them down to be at least level with the balcony rail from a mix of LST and supercropping. The Mulanje Sherbert has finished stretching and just being a good girl build her buds!

Before training

After training

The plants

Early budding pics

And the view from the side window

Thanks for swinging by! I hope you and your gardens are doing great! :ganjamon:

Looks so lush and green. Mine are all torn up and wind blown. Nice job with the ladies. Can't wait to see them when it's time to harvest. Yum
Thanks Lerugged! We haven't had any wind for a little while but I am sure they'll be back soon.
You need a whip a chair, and a gun! Beautiful work!
Haha cheers Otter!
great training stunger , very even & dense canopy , have a nice day :peace:
Thanks Uncle! It so very easy for the plants to outpace the training if not careful. Cheers.

Beautiful work,and beautiful plants, Stunger!
Thanks Carcass! I wish could put the work in that you do with yours, but I am too greedy and I have allowed the plants to grow into what should be a plant maintenance space for me.

That's so cute acting like they gave you a choice. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks Shed, I have to take responsibility for the choice. I can't complain, if I wanted smaller I could have started them later or in smaller pots. But growing outdoors being only once a year it is like a hungry person going to a smorgasbord, with a such long gap to the next grow I really want to make the most of the moment.

Such a stunning balcony, Stunger! :bravo: Wonderful job with super cropping to attempt to keep them below the railing. They just don't want to be held down! :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom