Super nOOB's Grow Journal...1st germ lol

I'm a noob myself...and I'm using CFLs as well. I've had to make minor adjustments to my light here and there and now they look like this:
Lightsupdate.jpg

I would try to get your lights closer together for more light concentration and definitely closer to the plant as Boss said. Mine are about 2" off and I'm getting decent growth for CFL's.:yummy:

Good Luck:grinjoint:

you have any other pics of those main lights?? I'm interested in your connections in the top middle as you got them so close together like that.

If you've read my journal, you probably know that I had to abort.

I will get you some more detailed picks tomorrow man. :Rasta:

aside from the feeling I get after sex or after cranking up a project car for the first time to hear the cam lope....this is definitely a damn good feeling.

cant help but post more pics of the baby.

DSCN2765.JPG

I was reading about culling after the first few sets of true leaves appear. when should I start?? I want more of a bushy plant versus a taller/skinnier plant. directions on what to do or what not to do??

No snipping :) Not yet anyway. I would supercrop the main stem, but not for at least 2-3 weeks.

ok, I'll take the advise. I just see soo many pics of plants about this size with twice the leaves and almost hugging the ground that it makes me envious of my unknown seed lol.

so when you say 2-3 weeks...you mean from today?? or from germ?? I assume from now which would be about the end of may?? when could I safely take a clone??

you have any other pics of those main lights?? I'm interested in your connections in the top middle as you got them so close together like that.

My main two larger lights are attached to this one heavy duty plugin fixture with a Y adapter

light1.jpg

Coming down both sides of that are two yard light fixtures stripped of all the yard stakes and waterproofers.

light2.jpg

When its all free hanging the ballasts of the big CFL's and the cone shape of the yard fixtures make perfect spacing for the lights. Which make up my chandeleer:ganjamon::

light3.jpg

All of these are ran through my home made ghetto-fabulous reflector sheild, of which works perfectly. :partyboy:

All the plugins are safely inserted into my multiplug timer...

timer.jpg

which I think is perfect for this.Its nice to have extra plugs for more lights or extra fans whenever you need em.:yummy:

I really like the outdoor light fixture rigging idea. helps to keep the lights all tight together. where did you get the multi-outlet timer?? does it plug into a regular outlet plug?? I havent seen one of those at my local lowe's....only the uber cheapo unit like I have but hey, its been working good for me :grinjoint:

oh also guys, trying to get a heads up on what to do for the upcoming weekend. I'm going to georgia with my fiance to go camping so I wont be home all weekend. There's still about 1/4 to 1/2" of water in the bottom of the plant bowl bleedout thingy. should I re-water before we leave to 1" in the bleedout or will it be ok?? remember, temps are averaging 90 degrees during the day inside the grow room.

edit: oh here's a half drunk thought...say this turns out to be a female plant. instead of letting it flower until late to produce pollen pods to fert itself...how late can I wait to take clones before it's too late?? it would be nice to take a few clones if I knew it's female before it goes into flowering so I could grow them up while the mother flowers and then rotate with a new mother plant for a while until I decide its time to stop and produce seeds for later use.

I really like the outdoor light fixture rigging idea. helps to keep the lights all tight together. where did you get the multi-outlet timer?? does it plug into a regular outlet plug?? I havent seen one of those at my local lowe's....only the uber cheapo unit like I have but hey, its been working good for me :grinjoint:

Yeah this setup seemed to suffice my needs, especially with the cash I had to work with...which was minimal.:smokin:

The timer came from a home depot. It has a regular plugin and works like any other timer. It's just a heavy duty timer designed for outdoor use.

:ganjamon:Hope I was of some help or maybe helped you get a lighting idea for your setup.:yummy:

edit: oh here's a half drunk thought...say this turns out to be a female plant. instead of letting it flower until late to produce pollen pods to fert itself...how late can I wait to take clones before it's too late?? it would be nice to take a few clones if I knew it's female before it goes into flowering so I could grow them up while the mother flowers and then rotate with a new mother plant for a while until I decide its time to stop and produce seeds for later use.

You should take a clone before flowering if you can, that is a great idea, what you just said.

uh oh what is this?? I hope this is something that can kill the plant. just noticed it today. Its mainly in this corner with a few spots on some of the little white balls in the soil medium spread throughout.

what do I do about this?? My temps in the room are around 92* (I know bad) and I have to leave the door cracked open because I dont have my ventilation set up yet so it makes me wonder if this is some algae that got in that way. also, my humidity is pretty low, about 40% so I didnt think I'd have this problem as I thought algae needed moist humid air to grow??

I rewatered anyway as I'm going to be out of town all weekend and there was almost no water in the pot catch anymore.

DSCN2769.JPG

DSCN2770.JPG

Man, you need some vent. in there.... Not only will it help with temps and stagnent air but will also strengthen and thickin up the main stem... Go get a cheap ass little fan and get it in there... :thedoubletake::peace:

Back
Top Bottom