SweetSue's Perpetual 3.0 - The Hempy/HB Hybrid Grow

Hanging to dry. :yahoo:

IMG_221628.JPG

Going back to dancing around my kitchen to "Simply Irresistible." :laughtwo:

:kisstwo: :hug: :hug: :hug:

So much I wanted to say But have not a brain in my head this ol' Morn.We used to play a game when fishing. First person to catch a fish gets to light the J or some other thing which would always get thrown out the window when the fish were not biting. I have not developed any traditions with the harvest, I did just snip a tatse of triple purple rhino this morning, going lo an slo in the frig today. but no traditions.

Who was the member that always wore the cat shirt for piccys when harvesting, Nis? my memory is so shot today, to much nyquil last night i believe!

Hahaha! "...when the fish weren't biting." OMG keltic, I nearly fell over laughing. :laughtwo:

Ok, what traditions do I think I'm developing?

* Obviously Mr Am4zin has trained me to have either a 420 shirt or a Pigeons 420 shirt on to cut and hang. I prefer to change into more comfortable shirts, ones without sleeves or high necklines, to wash, trim and process.

* From this harvest on porridge is the breakfast choice. Steel-cut oatmeal, filled with nutritious fruits and seeds fill the gas tank for the long day ahead. Plus, it's loaded with cannabutter. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_221728.JPG

Licked that sucker clean. :laughtwo:

* I have to post pictures of the chop to announce the beginning of the joyful harvest. I thank the plant for all she's done to bring joy into my life and all the anticipated healing and joy that will follow with her harvest, processing, and consumption.

* Pigeons taught me to make music part of the process and BY GOD, GET HIGH FIRST WOMAN!!!

Today I listened. To both directives. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'll keep doing that.

* Pictures of the water dripping off the blossoms and leaves (I love water on leaves :dreamy:) are a must.
* :oops: I can't believe I almost posted that. Lol! My little secret. Lol!

Time to trim the fans off. :ciao:

I caught a drop in my hand this morning and thought of you:thumb: Rock On!:tommy:

edit: I think Magic Jim grew Am Sour diesel? Thinking out loud again :ciao:

I did. Right after I harvested I remember testing it and commented that it was very potent. :rofl: I haven't had it in my smoking rotation lately. She was a nice grower:

DSC_09175.JPG

DSC_093913.JPG

Oh Jim...... a warning shot, please. :laughtwo:

Another impeding harvest

CBD CC 2.2.1 was fairly generous for the resources she used.

IMG_224737.JPG

No sooner did I have the harvest bagged and in the fridge than I found myself being called to the finish tent, loupe in hand. I love the way they sometimes talk to me. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_223825.JPG

Thin Mint GSC has begun the flush to cloudy trichomes. :yahoo:

IMG_224627.JPG

IMG_224528.JPG

IMG_224427.JPG

IMG_224125.JPG

So far no amber. Harvest this weekend. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi SweetSue,
I'm reading and following, subbing in, as well.:love:

Dory

Or how 'bout any traditions you practice, as in a particular shirt or shirts you use, or harvest sans clothing, or make sure particular music is chosen.

Lol my harvest tradition seems to be "get it done and over with as fast as possible before anyone sees, hears or smells it". A couple days ago I cut down one and a half plants on my patio. Of course the neighbors decided, right after I had everything all set up was a good time to hang out in their backyard. I continued as quickly and as silently as possible.

After my caterpillar's in the closet fiasco a couple weeks ago I made sure to wash it all with hydrogen peroxide water very throughly. I also found a kind of cheap 2'x2'x2' grow tent and hung a 4" fan and carbon filter in it to be a smell free drying chamber and/or insect habitat. So far no insects have emerged and it hardly smells up my house, so it seems to be great.

Indoors I'm now all down for switching to strictly hempy. The three I currently have are doing fantastic (as is everything inside really) with the RX Green and infinity more convenient the my soil plants. I have seven empty pots and a huge bag of perlite burning a hole in my pocket. I have one soil plant that I'm sure is a male, it's just growing way too fast and stretchy to be female. So some room should be available soon.

Your harvest looks great! Thanks as always for the great inspiration and insight.

I thought I was weird (OK, I am!) to have a method and repetition when I trim. Alas, we are all weird in our own ways, embrace that difference, I know I do. I'll share my ritual behaviors:

Out comes the vinyl albums, usually a double album, no later than 1976 release date.
Double albums were my first "tray", to breakup and deseed bud. Tilit the album slightly, use the edge of a pack of ZigZags to roll the seeds downhill.

I have a harvest T-Shirt that I've had since 1972, a single glittery 7 point weed leaf centered on a black (now greyish) shirt. I wore it to Disney once when I was 17, and they made me turn it inside out before I could enter the park. I love that T-Shirt ... my Dad didn't at all, but I had moved out of the homestead at 16 years old. I am the same weight as when I finished high school, so I can still wear some old clothes from back then that have survived.

That's all to my ritual, vinyl spinning and my ragged old weed -shirt. Not that exciting huh? I love it!

Peace

Keith

I don't get into the whole OCD thing, not having that listed as one of my mental issues. When I harvest a cannabis plant, I wear whatever I happened to put on when I got out of "bed" that morning, listen to whatever music happens to be playing (which, most recently, has been something I've heard before, because I've been trying to save money and don't turn on the stereo, instead relying on the brain to serve the purpose by "playing" tunes from memory), et cetera.

Now that I think about it, I can't think of anything that I've ever ritualized. Unless you count jumping into the shower before going on a date with someone new, lol. Or... no, that's all. Seems like if you place importance on some kind of preparatory ritual, you're thereby lessening the importance of the thing. And when it comes to harvesting bud, the thing... is everything.

Hi SweetSue,
I'm reading and following, subbing in, as well.:love:

Dory

Dory..... :hug: :love: Now I can cancel the search party plans. :laughtwo: Good to have you around. :hug:

Hey sue just wanted to say you seem like such a sweet and badass lady.. the story of your landlord coming up to your apt was pretty funny! Ive only had one harvest so far, the only thing im really ocd about is my trimming.. other then that just make sure to have some music going and take some hits off the bowl every now and again. I smoked my scissor hash right away last grow so that was my 'treat' through out my first harvest.. my second one is coming up next weekend!

Love how you hide all your plants in every nook and cranny, very clever!!

IMG_2248.PNG

Harvest: CBD Critical Cure 2.2.1 (Day 140, flip + 56)

IMG_215127.JPG

IMG_215529.JPG

IMG_215734.JPG

Wet weight.

IMG_216637.JPG

IMG_216934.JPG

IMG_217025.JPG

IMG_217230.JPG

IMG_217736.JPG

IMG_217830.JPG

IMG_218030.JPG

IMG_218135.JPG

IMG_218330.JPG

IMG_218429.JPG

IMG_218523.JPG

IMG_218635.JPG

IMG_218730.JPG

IMG_218827.JPG

Thin branches mean more weight is buds. I usually have thicker branches that support the buds. This girl had to be wired together.

IMG_218929.JPG

Standard branch size and structure. This plant is absolutely beautiful!

IMG_219027.JPG

IMG_219132.JPG

IMG_219227.JPG

Thinner branches and heavier buds dance in the water better. :laughtwo:

IMG_219332.JPG

IMG_219432.JPG

IMG_219530.JPG

IMG_219629.JPG

IMG_219727.JPG

IMG_219830.JPG

IMG_219943.JPG

IMG_220032.JPG

IMG_220929.JPG

IMG_221132.JPG

IMG_221230.JPG

Hanging over the sink like this is the perfect height for trimming the fans.

IMG_221525.JPG

IMG_221629.JPG

You trim all you can reach on one side......

IMG_221923.JPG

......then flip it around to get the other side. It's so easy to clip the fans off without digging around or handling the branches very much at all.

IMG_222023.JPG

Started at 10 AM and laid the Fiskars down at 12:25 PM.

IMG_222123.JPG

There they are. This was by far the prettiest specimen of the CBD Critical Cure I've harvested.

IMG_222229.JPG

IMG_222326.JPG

Leaves simply get dropped into the sink. You can trim the entire plant like this without getting all stickied up or gumming up the Fiskars. I trimmed without needing to clean the trimmers until I was finished.

IMG_222531.JPG

My only clipper casualty. :blunt:

IMG_222628.JPG

Now that we can see them more clearly. :slide:

IMG_222723.JPG

IMG_222828.JPG

IMG_223324.JPG

Leaves. I have so many. Any day now I'll get the urge to try a dry sift to see what trichomes I can recover.

IMG_223431.JPG

All clipped and in the paper bags for a low and slo dry in the fridge.

IMG_223524.JPG

I don't put very much in each bag.

IMG_223631.JPG

When I lay it on its side I want a single layer, all spread out to expose the most surface area

IMG_223731.JPG
IMG_223826.JPG

Stems and leaves came in at 155 grams. That means she'll dry to approximately 1.9 ounces. I can work with that. I'm planning on learning to get 4 ounces, minimum, out of each plant. That would give me more room to play.

IMG_223930.JPG

IMG_224026.JPG

The chemovar is so easy to grow and brings in a consistent volume of buds. It firms the foundation for our cannabinoid therapies,and I can't tell you how happy I am to be so far ahead of demand right now. I'll be able to keep taking a clone at flip and keep it in steady rotation now. This part of the grow appears to be running on all cylinders.

It's been a long day. I think I'll slip into a Callanetics session and work out the kinks one gets from standing in the kitchen for five or more hours processing a bad-ass cannabis plant. :laughtwo:

But before I do, there's the matter of a righteous buzz to reward a job well done. I've had this plate of Carnival waiting for me all day long. Time to indulge. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

IMG_225126.JPG

The final shot. :love:

IMG_218225.JPG

Hey sue just wanted to say you seem like such a sweet and badass lady.. the story of your landlord coming up to your apt was pretty funny! Ive only had one harvest so far, the only thing im really ocd about is my trimming.. other then that just make sure to have some music going and take some hits off the bowl every now and again. I smoked my scissor hash right away last grow so that was my 'treat' through out my first harvest.. my second one is coming up next weekend!

Love how you hide all your plants in every nook and cranny, very clever!!

Thankfully, I only have to pull that hiding trick once a year. :laughtwo: Congrats on the upcoming harvest. There are few events that spark more joy. Harvest puts me in the most delightful state of mind. :laughtwo:

Thank you for the compliment. I guess I could be considered a little bad-ass. Lol! I'm not your typical neighbor, that's for sure. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_2248.PNG

Harvest: CBD Critical Cure 2.2.1 (Day 140, flip + 56)

IMG_215127.JPG

IMG_215529.JPG

IMG_215734.JPG

Wet weight.

IMG_216637.JPG

IMG_216934.JPG

IMG_217025.JPG

IMG_217230.JPG

IMG_217736.JPG

IMG_217830.JPG

IMG_218030.JPG

IMG_218135.JPG

IMG_218330.JPG

IMG_218429.JPG

IMG_218523.JPG

IMG_218635.JPG

IMG_218730.JPG

IMG_218827.JPG

Thin branches mean more weight is buds. I usually have thicker branches that support the buds. This girl had to be wired together.

IMG_218929.JPG

Standard branch size and structure. This plant is absolutely beautiful!

IMG_219027.JPG

IMG_219132.JPG

IMG_219227.JPG

Thinner branches and heavier buds dance in the water better. :laughtwo:

IMG_219332.JPG

IMG_219432.JPG

IMG_219530.JPG

IMG_219629.JPG

IMG_219727.JPG

IMG_219830.JPG

IMG_219943.JPG

IMG_220032.JPG

IMG_220929.JPG

IMG_221132.JPG

IMG_221230.JPG

Hanging over the sink like this is the perfect height for trimming the fans.

IMG_221525.JPG

IMG_221629.JPG

You trim all you can reach on one side......

IMG_221923.JPG

......then flip it around to get the other side. It's so easy to clip the fans off without digging around or handling the branches very much at all.

IMG_222023.JPG

Started at 10 AM and laid the Fiskars down at 12:25 PM.

IMG_222123.JPG

There they are. This was by far the prettiest specimen of the CBD Critical Cure I've harvested.

IMG_222229.JPG

IMG_222326.JPG

Leaves simply get dropped into the sink. You can trim the entire plant like this without getting all stickied up or gumming up the Fiskars. I trimmed without needing to clean the trimmers until I was finished.

IMG_222531.JPG

My only clipper casualty. :blunt:

IMG_222628.JPG

Now that we can see them more clearly. :slide:

IMG_222723.JPG

IMG_222828.JPG

IMG_223324.JPG

Leaves. I have so many. Any day now I'll get the urge to try a dry sift to see what trichomes I can recover.

IMG_223431.JPG

All clipped and in the paper bags for a low and slo dry in the fridge.

IMG_223524.JPG

I don't put very much in each bag.

IMG_223631.JPG

When I lay it on its side I want a single layer, all spread out to expose the most surface area

IMG_223731.JPG
IMG_223826.JPG

Stems and leaves came in at 155 grams. That means she'll dry to approximately 1.9 ounces. I can work with that. I'm planning on learning to get 4 ounces, minimum, out of each plant. That would give me more room to play.

IMG_223930.JPG

IMG_224026.JPG

The chemovar is so easy to grow and brings in a consistent volume of buds. It firms the foundation for our cannabinoid therapies,and I can't tell you how happy I am to be so far ahead of demand right now. I'll be able to keep taking a clone at flip and keep it in steady rotation now. This part of the grow appears to be running on all cylinders.

It's been a long day. I think I'll slip into a Callanetics session and work out the kinks one gets from standing in the kitchen for five or more hours processing a bad-ass cannabis plant. :laughtwo:

But before I do, there's the matter of a righteous buzz to reward a job well done. I've had this plate of Carnival waiting for me all day long. Time to indulge. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

IMG_225126.JPG

The final shot. :love:

IMG_218225.JPG

Haha! I was expecting that 'final pic' to be a big billowing, swirling cloud of smoke!!

Always lovely to share the harvest Sue - even virtually (although I imagine that actually would be a near to unsurpassable experience). Was that the hempy CBDCC Sue?

Haha! I was expecting that 'final pic' to be a big billowing, swirling cloud of smoke!!

Always lovely to share the harvest Sue - even virtually (although I imagine that actually would be a near to unsurpassable experience). Was that the hempy CBDCC Sue?

Hahaha! There's never as much smoke at my harvests as you might think. I'm lucky if I remember to get dressed. :rofl: I roll out of bed and go straight to the task at hand, and my focus is so intense I don't stop for much.

This was grown in soil with Doc Bud's HB kit. CBD CC 2.6 is my first hempy.

IMG_225325.JPG

She's just starting to grow in regular leaves. I have a feeling she's going to be a stunner herself.

IMG_225424.JPG

Thats art right there folks. I feel like I am at home and Bob Ross is showing me how to paint lol

Awww..... What a sweet compliment. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I've always felt that all the real fun goes on under the canopy. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Carnival 4.1 (Day 116, flip + 55)

IMG_213530.JPG

IMG_2137.PNG

IMG_2139.PNG

IMG_2140.PNG

IMG_2146.PNG

IMG_214730.JPG

Back
Top Bottom