SweetSue's Perpetual 3.0 - The Hempy/HB Hybrid Grow

Wow Sue, I see you have quite a few strains n plants going on since I've been away. Just catching up...well, skipping through lol.
Yes I'm still here just been busy in real life..Moving, decorating etc, still lots to do.
Looking forward to chopping in a week, been a while since I smoked my own :smokin:

I've always felt that all the real fun goes on under the canopy. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

IMG_214730.JPG

Love the pic with the trichs on the leaf stem. Awesome shot.

Hi SweetSue,

I liked the pic with the trichomes down the stem also! Your growing skills are very well developed. Reps to you.

I wanted to ask you about the dehydrator you posted about earlier. Also would you have a recent update on the machine?

Love the pic with the trichs on the leaf stem. Awesome shot.

Me too. That should be in a photo contest. :love:

Hi SweetSue,

I liked the pic with the trichomes down the stem also! Your growing skills are very well developed. Reps to you.

I wanted to ask you about the dehydrator you posted about earlier. Also would you have a recent update on the machine?

This too!

Me likey - wicked good.

IMG_214730.JPG

When that many of you respond to a photo that strongly I listen. I entered it in the gallery contest. :cheesygrinsmiley: I was pretty proud of that one myself. Hard to believe I can barely see it when I'm taking the shot, isn't it? :laughtwo:

Thank you all. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

If I win the contest I'll order those CBD Mango Haze seeds CBD Crew helped develop that I've been hankering for. :dreamy:

Bode, I didn't forget you. :battingeyelashes: What can I share of relevance about the dehydrator? I absolutely love it! I dried half of the Devil's Carnival harvest in just three days. Slow down the process a little more and in five days you're already into the cure, and the process doesn't appear to do the damage to the terpene expression you'd expect.

I'm getting rediculously high on a plant within a week of harvest. What's not to like about that?

The dehydrator is part of an ongoing exploration of drying techniques designed to increase the potency of the harvest. It usually gets more in depth coverage on the Low and Slo thread.
DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

Step One: Empty the tent and clean.

IMG_229826.JPG

Step 2: Hang the light and the guide beads.

IMG_229931.JPG

Step 3: Purchase a timer and set it for 20/4.

IMG_230226.JPG

Step 4: Test the light.

IMG_230128.JPG

Step 5: Plants! I did a little transplanting this afternoon. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_230329.JPG

IMG_230429.JPG

IMG_230545.JPG

IMG_230637.JPG

IMG_230732.JPG

I am sub for this one of the legendary grower in here...how funny first thing I start this is about using dehydrator which I just recently used to dried about 3 oz of og1 kush, I just ordered a new dehydrator that will come in tomorrow, I will put it to use right away I will show some pics when I start thank you for all you do for this community you are sure sweet sue . .

Hi Sweet Sue. I found my way to this thread after only 8 pages.

That's like getting in at the very beginning, in one of our Den Mother's threads, lol. Sneeze and you've missed 40 new posts...

When that many of you respond to a photo that strongly I listen. I entered it in the gallery contest.

About time you appear in another contest!

If I win the contest I'll order those CBD Mango Haze seeds CBD Crew helped develop that I've been hankering for.

You still have some regular (Mr. Nice) Mango Haze, don't you? THAT would be a great dual-strain grow, IMHO, the original version plus the "CBD" version. Side-by-side, showing differing growth/flower characteristics (assuming they're different, lol), and then a double smoke report comparing and contrasting them. Just a thought.

Step 2: Hang the light and the guide beads.

IMG_229931.JPG

Step 3: Purchase a timer and set it for 20/4.

IMG_230226.JPG

Step 4: Test the light.

IMG_230128.JPG

Step 5: Plants! I did a little transplanting this afternoon. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_230329.JPG

IMG_230429.JPG

IMG_230545.JPG

IMG_230637.JPG

IMG_230732.JPG

Err... Is it Sunday already, lol?

EDIT: BtW, "Stumpy," the White Widow Auto that I had growing in the Solo cup, that started flowering before I was ready... that I broke, right above the first (single-bladed) leaves... Is now pushing up one of two "branches" (not really)! It's most definitely NOT in flower now, lol, because all that growth went the way of the oven and my decrepit lungs after I failed to successfully reattach it. But it's actually growing, and I think it might actually end up sticking around until harvest time! Seems that your positive energy must have helped (since mine is mostly nonexistent at present, :rolleyes3 ) . Kind of surprised it not only lived but decided to grow some more, too. I suppose I could have rooted the "95%" top, lol, and ended up with two, but, well... It was that and "recycled" cigarettes and then I'm out of combustibles. So the broken "top" (more like a broken bottom remains :icon_roll ) took one for the team, as it were. Better her than me, lol, and ME felt like smoking something more than just the tarred-up cigarette butt tobacco that I dug out of my (<COUGH> and a neighbor's porch) ashtray(s) and rolled up in crappy go lucky papers. Best tasting thing on the... block? No buzz, but I told myself I felt better - so I DID, LOFL.

And I think I should have gone to sleep last night, huh? Well, I'll do so tonight. And... soon. Just a few more threads, I promise... ;) .

Good morning everyone :love:

Let me catch up. I was too high last night to do much more than read. :rofl: I believe this calls for a clone cutting from DC 1.1 sometime today, since she got flipped yesterday and I want to hang on to this incredible genetic line. At 2:18 I was working my way to bed after filling the room with Devil's Carnival smoke. :slide:

IMG_230926.JPG

You have to look close, but the smoke level was down to the top of that picture. Lol! She was a frosty one.

Hi Sweet Sue. I found my way to this thread after only 8 pages. Hugs :hug::hug::hug::hug::love:

"Joy, spread it far and wide"

That reminds me of someone I used to know named Joy. :rofl:

:laughtwo: You crack me up. Lol! I'll have you know, every time I say that now I think of you. :rofl:

I am sub for this one of the legendary grower in here...how funny first thing I start this is about using dehydrator which I just recently used to dried about 3 oz of og1 kush, I just ordered a new dehydrator that will come in tomorrow, I will put it to use right away I will show some pics when I start thank you for all you do for this community you are sure sweet sue . .

And you speak with the sweetness of a southern gentleman. The user name chose me, and then I became SweetSue. :battingeyelashes:

We'd love to hear your thoughts on how the process went for you - how long you dried, how often you toggled back and forth between jar and dehydrator - things like that. There's a thread where we experiment with and refine drying techniques, and the dehydration method has been added to the exploration. Please, feel free to stop there and share your adventure with us. DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

And :welcome: to the joyful journal. I think you'll like it here. The crew couldn't be more enjoyable. :hug: :love:

That's like getting in at the very beginning, in one of our Den Mother's threads, lol. Sneeze and you've missed 40 new posts...

Hahaha! He speaks the truth. Don't get flustered if you fall behind. No one gets offended if you don't read every post. :

About time you appear in another contest!

I've won so much, and apparently cosmic forces love it when I get competitive too. It makes me hesitant to walk off with more prizes. I know, I know..... I'm as worthy of it as anybody, and when I win it gets spread all across the forums, but still..... I'm a lot of energy to come up against. I do my best to parse it out carefully. :battingeyelashes:

You still have some regular (Mr. Nice) Mango Haze, don't you? THAT would be a great dual-strain grow, IMHO, the original version plus the "CBD" version. Side-by-side, showing differing growth/flower characteristics (assuming they're different, lol), and then a double smoke report comparing and contrasting them. Just a thought.

And a good thought at that. Thanks TS. :hug:

Err... Is it Sunday already, lol?

Not yet TS. :laughtwo: I knew that would throw you when I posted it, so it would've been nice to give you a warning shot. The clones need to be conditioned to the light a bit more. I won't be ready to start the sponsored grow until Sunday. Would you prefer morning or evening for the start, or does it matter? I get a bit spontaneous with journal starts, but I won't start mine without notifying you first.

EDIT: BtW, "Stumpy," the White Widow Auto that I had growing in the Solo cup, that started flowering before I was ready... that I broke, right above the first (single-bladed) leaves... Is now pushing up one of two "branches" (not really)! It's most definitely NOT in flower now, lol, because all that growth went the way of the oven and my decrepit lungs after I failed to successfully reattach it. But it's actually growing, and I think it might actually end up sticking around until harvest time! Seems that your positive energy must have helped (since mine is mostly nonexistent at present, :rolleyes3 ) . Kind of surprised it not only lived but decided to grow some more, too. I suppose I could have rooted the "95%" top, lol, and ended up with two, but, well... It was that and "recycled" cigarettes and then I'm out of combustibles. So the broken "top" (more like a broken bottom remains :icon_roll ) took one for the team, as it were. Better her than me, lol, and ME felt like smoking something more than just the tarred-up cigarette butt tobacco that I dug out of my (<COUGH> and a neighbor's porch) ashtray(s) and rolled up in crappy go lucky papers. Best tasting thing on the... block? No buzz, but I told myself I felt better - so I DID, LOFL.

And I think I should have gone to sleep last night, huh? Well, I'll do so tonight. And... soon. Just a few more threads, I promise... ;) .

Awww...... I'm so glad to hear that TS. :slide: In the end you'll be so thankful for what she grows for you. It doesn't surprise me at all that the genetic code was stronger than your hungry lungs. Lol! You've been surrounded with incredible power TS. Your life may get a bit more...... the word that wants to be chosen is "easy," but you don't do well with "easy" do you? I'll go with a little less dark and foreboding. Expectation can be sneaky, and here you are hanging around all this unbridled joy on a regular basis. A little of my positivity is bound to sneak past the dark defenses now and again.

I've told you before TS, I carry enormous power in my atmosphere. Moving heaven and earth is standard practice for me. I've been funneling copous amounts of loving energy your way. You don't mind me dabbling in your cosmic field, do you? :battingeyelashes:

SweetSue I am subbed in!! All caught up. Love the fact that you turned your bathroom in to a flower room. Awesome

:welcome: MassGrower. This is the second time my bathroom's been pressed into flowering duty. Every now and then I go overboard with germination and propagation and panic tries to ensue. :laughtwo: I like the way this turn worked out. Using COBs instead of a blurple LED makes it much easier to do. You can't hide that blurple light without sealing the window completely, and, well..... I chose this apartment for the incredible light coming through all of those windows. I'm light-hungry, much like the plants I grow, and having a window blocked awakens a bit of panic in my heart that leaves me feeling somewhat lost.

With COBs in there the curtain can be open all day, letting the sky be a part of the experience for me, and making it easier for me to live with the change in my atmosphere. It's silly in a way, but the living room feels so much smaller with that bathroom door closed all evening too. I have about two months to get through.

They're gonna make that passing time delightful.

IMG_236725.JPG

IMG_236827.JPG

TS, the bananas are, indeed, for the purpose of sharing ethylene gas, and I do leave the peels laying around for a day or two. A few fruit flies are no concern in my joyful world.

IMG_236621.JPG

Alrighty then crew.....lets get our asses in gear and get on with the day. Remember, the name of the primary game is living joyfully. You've been well-trained and aptly fortified - I hope - so have fun with it. Life is meant to feel good. It's meant to be fun. Get out there and do your best. :yahoo:

This view and the accompanying smells are gonna drive me crazy over the next two months. :laughtwo:

IMG_237023.JPG

Already glad I subbed. Your wealth of knowledge was sufficient but your even more amazing outlook on life has already lifted my already "high" spirits :)

wishing you a wonderful day, and your plants vigourus growth

-dabber

I've won so much, and apparently cosmic forces love it when I get competitive too. It makes me hesitant to walk off with more prizes. I know, I know..... I'm as worthy of it as anybody, and when I win it gets spread all across the forums, but still..... I'm a lot of energy to come up against. I do my best to parse it out carefully. :battingeyelashes:

Hey, can you do me a favor and find a bookie... and place a penny bet on the Cubs making it two in a row? They'd almost have to win, then ;) .

Mayhap you'll enter the PotM and/or NotM contests one day?

I knew that would throw you when I posted it

<SHRUGS> Well, I didn't exactly respond with good cheer (for which I apologize, BtW) when you suggested Sunday, so I wasn't sure whether this was just part of the preliminaries or if you had decided to start without me.

The clones need to be conditioned to the light a bit more.

My own start will be pretty inauspicious. A couple of plants (one of which I beheaded at the ankles :thedoubletake: , but amazed me by surviving, so the least I can do is let it stay) to begin with. More will be added over the following week or three until I have more than enough. That way, if there's a... non-apocalyptic catastrophe, I can afford to lose some and still have something to harvest. At least, that's my hope.

I won't be ready to start the sponsored grow until Sunday. Would you prefer morning or evening for the start, or does it matter? I get a bit spontaneous with journal starts, but I won't start mine without notifying you first.

If I'm going to do a new thing on a Sunday, and it's something that I hope to be able to get some enjoyment out of... the later the better. That's "Momday" hereabouts. I cannot predict - other than helping do one of her cleaning jobs - what she'll have on her list, how she's doing physically (therefore, how long things will take), her current mental state (see previous and add "...or how long of a recovery period I'll need"), et cetera. It might be that I'll be home by 6:00 pm, but there have been days when I was at her house until after dark and, since she doesn't drive at night and I don't own a car, this adds an hour or so walk time. So... Late would be best for me; but if that doesn't work for you, we can figure something out.

I don't suppose there's any real reason to start our journals at about the same time. Or which of us even thought of it. If it was me, lol, it was probably either just another random thought or else I was looking for a "crutch" to offset my tendency to procrastinate. In other words, so I don't spend the next month thinking, "I need to create a journal... pretty soon." ;)

In the end you'll be so thankful for what she grows for you.

Don't let the grumpiness fool you - I'm thankful for most things that I've received in life (even a few of the ones that caused scarring :icon_roll). If it makes it to harvest, it'll surely produce something.

You've been surrounded with incredible power TS.

It's those high-tension power lines overhead, and the 420,000,000,000 radio transmissions that are a symptom of our modern world :rofl: .

Your life may get a bit more...... the word that wants to be chosen is "easy," but you don't do well with "easy" do you? I'll go with a little less dark and foreboding.

I'd be willing to try easy. It sounds boring and all, but I bet it comes with a full larder.

Expectation can be sneaky

How right you are! I've learned not to expect much in the way of good things. But sometimes I find myself expecting the less than good - which can be as distressing as the former eventually turns out to be.

and here you are hanging around all this unbridled joy on a regular basis.

I take a break now and then, lol - but, yes, part of the reason I follow your adventures is because of the positive attitude and kindness I see in your threads. Occasionally, it... I'll leave for bit. And unlike a cannabis plant, I find, upon my return, that these things are still thriving.

A little of my positivity is bound to sneak past the dark defenses now and again.

Now and again ;) .

You don't mind me dabbling in your cosmic field, do you? :battingeyelashes:

As long as you wash your hands first. And, well... afterwards might be a good idea, too.

One of these days, I'll have to save up for a buzz ticket and visit again. Maybe I can bring cannabis this time.

Back
Top Bottom