Tales From The Krip!

Exactly! I take everything to 10 weeks just about unless it asks for more. I do not mind up to 12 weeks of flowering. Over that gets to be too much almost. Unless it produces. I ran Shackzilla for 4 rounds I think with it taking 15 weeks to flower, but I got buds like this:

Beautiful, Brother! :bravo:

Back in "the day" everyone concerned themselves with grams/watt as a metric for success. I think grams/day is a much better metric, although, admittedly something I don't really track.

TUT & BLACKWATER YIELDS

We finally have dry weights on the Tuts & Blackwater. Unfortunately, I can't break out Tut #1 & Tut #2 exactly because I ended up combining them together in a single Turkey Bag.

The total yield on the TWO Tuts was 13.89 oz. which, I'm sure, is just over 8 oz on Tut #1 and just over 5 oz. on Tut #2 (or, something very close!).

The total yield on the Blackwater was 4.35 oz., which is about an oz. more than I had estimated but the four top buds, which are pretty large and in a separate jar, are still over 70% RH, so the weight will likely drop to just below 4 oz. when those dry out a little more.

The White Widow & Fruit Punch still have another week, or so, before I'll be able to jar them.

Happy Harvests!

K

LET THE BREEDING BEGIN!

Since I'm happy with the "low & slow" method of drying (except for the "slow" part! :laugh:), I've decided I no longer need the Drying Tent. So, I moved all my Moms/clones and the old drying tent is now the new veg tent!

That leaves the old veg cabinet available for use as a breeding cabinet so, let the breeding begin!

First on the list is to get a Pine Tar Kush male. For those that haven't followed it, you should check out Icemud's 2018 Journal: Pine Tar Kush Pheno Hunt & More.

The Hazeman PTK seeds I have are supposed to be mislabelled '79 Christmas Bud. For those of us old enough to remember, this is the buds that used to only come around X-mas time, they smelled just like a pine tree, and usually were trimmed/shaped like X-mas trees. It was some dank stank in days when it was rare to see that and always gave a great, happy buzz.

Well, I won't repeat all the great work Brother Icemud has done, but the PTK makes sense to start with so here's the plan & objectives...

I'm going to germinate three of the PTK seeds figuring it's likely at least one of the three will be males. I'm gonna try to keep these in the 2.5" containers, so I won't start the germination on these for several weeks since I want the timing of any pollen released in the house to NOT mess up the main grow.

I'll put these in the Breeding Cabinet with clones from the Blackwater, Dolato, Forbidos, Platinum Cake, and Platinum Kush Breath. All will be Bonsais and, while it will be a tight fit, I already know I can easily fit 8 plants in that cabinet and I'll be trimming most of the side branching since the objective is simply producing some seeds.

Duplicate PTK males will be culled & killed, leaving the strongest to pollinate the rest, and any PTK females will be cloned to retain their genetics as F2's for flowering later, and the original seedling(s) will stay in the cab to create some PTK F3's.

BTW, I'm gonna' call the Blackwater X PTK cross "Black Tar Kush" and this cross was my original inspiration for starting with the PTK. Then, as I thought about which other strains to cross it with, the IHG genetics just stand out, but I guess the ultimate objective would be the same which would be to have a bunch of seeds that produce piney, "snow covered" buds with HIGH medicinal value.

Another reason for starting with the PTK is, as mentioned in a recent post, the Kush strains tend to help my Dad with his Parkinsons and much of my harvests will be used for his meds. This project should provide a very nice selection of Kush crosses he can experiment with to see which gives him the best results.

Final objective, though least important, is to try to have some cured Christmas Bud by next Christmas! ;)

I'll give some updates once things are started, but the plan, though always subject to change, is in place and in motion! :slide:

Happy Harvests!

K

Isn't ptk the crazy looking plants @PotChimp has going. Those have to be the most serated leafs I've ever seen on pot plants

Yes, those are the ones! I pointed Chimphopper to the source of those a few months ago when I picked some up myself, after reading Ice's journal. Read the page starting here, if you're interested:

PotChimp's Side Projects

LET THE BREEDING BEGIN!

Since I'm happy with the "low & slow" method of drying (except for the "slow" part! :laugh:), I've decided I no longer need the Drying Tent. So, I moved all my Moms/clones and the old drying tent is now the new veg tent!

That leaves the old veg cabinet available for use as a breeding cabinet so, let the breeding begin!

First on the list is to get a Pine Tar Kush male. For those that haven't followed it, you should check out Icemud's 2018 Journal: Pine Tar Kush Pheno Hunt & More.

The Hazeman PTK seeds I have are supposed to be mislabelled '79 Christmas Bud. For those of us old enough to remember, this is the buds that used to only come around X-mas time, they smelled just like a pine tree, and usually were trimmed/shaped like X-mas trees. It was some dank stank in days when it was rare to see that and always gave a great, happy buzz.

Well, I won't repeat all the great work Brother Icemud has done, but the PTK makes sense to start with so here's the plan & objectives...

I'm going to germinate three of the PTK seeds figuring it's likely at least one of the three will be males. I'm gonna try to keep these in the 2.5" containers, so I won't start the germination on these for several weeks since I want the timing of any pollen released in the house to NOT mess up the main grow.

I'll put these in the Breeding Cabinet with clones from the Blackwater, Dolato, Forbidos, Platinum Cake, and Platinum Kush Breath. All will be Bonsais and, while it will be a tight fit, I already know I can easily fit 8 plants in that cabinet and I'll be trimming most of the side branching since the objective is simply producing some seeds.

Duplicate PTK males will be culled & killed, leaving the strongest to pollinate the rest, and any PTK females will be cloned to retain their genetics as F2's for flowering later, and the original seedling(s) will stay in the cab to create some PTK F3's.

BTW, I'm gonna' call the Blackwater X PTK cross "Black Tar Kush" and this cross was my original inspiration for starting with the PTK. Then, as I thought about which other strains to cross it with, the IHG genetics just stand out, but I guess the ultimate objective would be the same which would be to have a bunch of seeds that produce piney, "snow covered" buds with HIGH medicinal value.

Another reason for starting with the PTK is, as mentioned in a recent post, the Kush strains tend to help my Dad with his Parkinsons and much of my harvests will be used for his meds. This project should provide a very nice selection of Kush crosses he can experiment with to see which gives him the best results.

Final objective, though least important, is to try to have some cured Christmas Bud by next Christmas! ;)

I'll give some updates once things are started, but the plan, though always subject to change, is in place and in motion! :slide:

Happy Harvests!

K

Sounds like a wicked time krip! I want to start my breeding project but have to wait till I’m back from my wedding then I’m setting up full perpetual and starting breeding! I can’t wait!

I’ll be hanging out and watching what you come up with! Good luck on the meds for your dad I hope you the best of luck finding that “cure all” strain for him!

Ah I found ice's Xmas bud grow. His looked like more normal phenos

Yeah, but he said the wacky, variegated phenos turned out to be the best! He said they grew out of it as the matured. It's all in PC's journal.

Right now, I'm focused on finding the best pain meds for my Dad and I'm fairly certain that will be some Indica. I also will grow a number of Kush crosses since they do well in the RSO caps to alleviate his Parkinson's tremors. I'll grow the Sativas later for myself! ;)

Oh, I was just bustin your chops brotha! It's really great that your father is having success with your caps! It's great to hear success stories like this. Hoping you can find the right strain for the post shingles pain!

Looking forward to following your breeding project. I'm sure you're gonna create some awesome new strains!

Merry Brixmas!

:passitleft:

Oh, I was just bustin your chops brotha! It's really great that your father is having success with your caps! It's great to hear success stories like this. Hoping you can find the right strain for the post shingles pain!

Looking forward to following your breeding project. I'm sure you're gonna create some awesome new strains!

Merry Brixmas!

:passitleft:

I know that, Brother! It's all good! :high-five:
I just thought I'd take the opportunity to explain myself! ;)
Merry Brixmas! :passitleft:

I made some RSO from the all the harvest trim. There was about 2-3 oz. of trim (sorry, forgot to weigh it, first!) and ended up with about 6.5 g's of RSO. 4 g's are going to make the caps. I took the other 2.5 g's and made some vape juice. It's the first time I added Terpenes to the vape juice and I had purchased some Pineapple Express terpenes, cuz' I love me some Pineapple Express! :yummy:

It came out pretty good...a little sweet, but the Wax Liquidizer I'm using is also Pineapple Express flavored, so, even though I used the lowest recommended dose of the terpenes, I think I just need to use just a little less (or, maybe I can get away with a little less of the liquidizer? :hmmmm:). It's pretty nice, though! :thumb:

JUst doing a drive-by and Say have a Great Holiday Mister K and Keepem Green

TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS

Twas the night before Christmas and all over 420
The members were all smoking bongs a plenty
Recent harvests are hung to dry with care
Hoping new seed orders soon would be there.

The children were all upstairs, asleep in their beds
While the adults were all downstairs feeding their heads.
Out in the garden, I heard a great clatter
But I was spaced out from dabbing some shatter.

Once I finished my 3rd or 4th toke
I looked out the window, beyond all the smoke
The way the moon hit the fresh fallen snow
Reminded me of trichomes from a Doc Bud's high brix grow.

And, what on earth did my wandering eyes spot
But some old stoner with a big bag of pot
He jumped out of his sleigh and on the ice he did trip
And I knew right away, it must be Mr. Krip

More rapid than eagles, his Brothers they came
So he took a quick bong hit and called them by name;
"Now, Yeti Now, Duggan! Now, PotChimp ! Now, Ween!
Now, Graytail! Now, Penny! Now, NCW! (Keep 'em Green!)
Get off the porch and please come inside
We'll smoke some of my stash and we'll all get fried!"

He reeked of fine smoke and appeared to be merry
But his eyes were all bloodshot - as red as a cherry
His droll little mouth turned up in a point
And in his shirt pocket was a finely rolled joint.

A full bowl in his lips of meds smelling nice
Packed with '79 Christmas Bud, courtesy of Brother Ice
He had a broad face and a big fat belly
From days on the couch smoking Neiko's Black Cherry Jelly

He spoke not a word and went straight to his job
Filling stockings while smoking a joint from a cob.
He carefully worked as the gifts he placed
While he proceeded to get totally shit-faced.

By the time he was done, he was lit like a light
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

Back
Top Bottom