Thai Stick

Yeah definitely too hot of a soil mix. Or the top of this tent's too hot, one or the other:

0062163.JPG
0072020.JPG

These don't need much food at all.

Note: I'm keeping my eye on that tent so the heat doesn't get too high. I just turned the 600 watt digital ballast back up to 100% after replacing the Eye-Hortilux HPS bulb today. It was running at 82 degrees F (out) and 86 degrees F (in) on the dual thermometer.
I've got the same 3' x 3' setup using a 400 watt (my GSC grow) in a more open area. As soon as both grows are done in about 8 weeks, I'll switch the bulbs in the reflectors and then the cords to the ballasts; I think that'll solve the problem.

Thai Stick x ? (probably Chem D) - total dry weight 1.3 oz.:

0012994.JPG

Checkin' for bugs and such..... :)

0022896.JPG

I smoked a lot of it before I jarred the rest up today it was probably closer to 1-1/2 oz. The high is as good as anything I have going on with my other stuff, so I guess I'll keep the seeds of it (the # of seeds has been between 2-8 seeds per extra fat joint so far).
The father is probably already dropping pollen, but I didn't look yesterday; I'll get a glass of RO water and a pair of scissors in there tomorrow. The mothers both got crinkled leaves from the overheated 3 or 4 nights I had the airflow problems, but I ran a 6" duct straight to that tent, and the problem is 90% solved for now. The buds look good on the mothers though and the bottom part of the plants that was out of the overheated zone don't look too bad. I'll try to get some pics up tonight. :thumb:

eye candy indeed,, simply massive,, well done champ,, cheers

Thanks :) But you know how things go with all this sometimes. I rerouted a 6" duct directly to the tent these Thai Stick plants are in and it helped, but not enough. I know that most of the problem is simple. You just don't let any part of a plant grow within 6" of a HID bulb, even with an air cooled reflector:

0032778.JPG

That branch was almost touching the glass lens (which is uncomfortable to the touch) before I turned the plant. I set the thermometer right on top of the reflector and got 92 degrees F. :( This pic didn't focus either but you see how the other Thai Stick plant curled up too:

0042593.JPG

I might be able to get them back to health in the approx. 8 weeks they have left. I'll get me some seeds at least. But I'm bummed another skinny leaf Sativa grow is going bad on me.
1-1/2 to 2 feet below the lens is 82.5 degrees F. If I train the branches on my future plants, I can avoid this problem. Oh by the way, don't use one tent for a pass-thru to another for air circulation. It puts the tent you use for the pass-thru under negative pressure (a vacuum) and I think it may be making the soil in my pots dry out faster. I'll try to work on that later today to change it.
I'm gonna cut me some male Thai Stick branches today and put them in a glass of water. :thumb:

I don't have a thai stick plant, but i do have a mama thai/Thai Stick cross, best (potent wise) plant I have grown yet, I have one just harvested and one in my flower room now,, and this plant has stretched in the flower room like no plant I have grown either,, i had to bend it and tie it and twist the branches all around in the flower room, under and around and through again the screen I have above it,,, crazy how it stretched,, all length, no width to the buds,, which gives the buds the 'stick' look I guess.

Well worth the effort on my part, in my opinion,, very spicey smelling buds, and they give and just keep giving,,

Good luck with er chimp,, cheers

Growing Thai Stick feels like climbing Everest. The chimp is already on his second ascent...
18 months since this idea was hatched, and I've finally made it to Base Camp. What is at the top? Will I ever find out?

Next attempt no mercy first three weeks 250 watt full spectrum CFL Roots Organics Formula 707 one gallon pot next three weeks 250 watt Agrosun MH/HPS Roots Organics Formula 707 w/Happy Frog All Purpose granular 5-5-5 three gallon pot finishing out with 600 watt HPS Roots Organics Formula 707 w/Happy Frog Fruit & Flower granular 5-8-4 seven gallon pot one compost tea feeding per month of bloom. :thumb:

Ooooh! Wow Mr Chimp! That next round is going to be 18 weeks of crazy flowering madness! You've truly gone off your walker this time!

But wait, there's more! Don't miss one minute of the gripping excitement! Buy one of our rare and desirable Thai Stick plants and commit to a two year subscription of Thai Stick Journal #3, and Potchimp Productions will throw in a fluffy lounging cushion, and throw in- a book. Wait! not just a book, a whole box of books! (selected at random, genuine authors assorted languages) Buy two plants and a ten year subscription to Thai Stick Journal and we will throw in a free stepladder so you can admire your beautiful plants, as well as the complete Reader's Digest crossword puzzle anthology, and the Sleepytime Moonmask eye visor sleeping aid, perfect companion to the fluffy lounging cushion. Subscribe now and get a complete set of ShufflePuff replacement rubber walker leg end caps, for those stealth night walks down the corridor to view your flowering plants. Never let Nurse Shitbags catch you again. Order now and get those bitches flowering, while we are still young.

Or it could be Oldtimer's Haze, for another 8 weeks on top of that! :laugh: (or longer ... or forever if you don't reduce day hours.)

That's about the time I really started watching the Chimp's journals. That sucker was otherworldly! :straightface: It'd be great to see one in an open outdoor stand at harvest time, but I can't imagine how you'd do it justice indoors. You'd have to have 15 foot ceilings. Maybe Cola Monster could fit one into his greenhouse - that'd be worth watching ... :hmmmm:

Ima tackle a Purple Haze next round. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'd like to go no-mercy with it, but I'd also like to get a couple cuts first. Dunno.

Back
Top Bottom