The BS Journal - Bag Seed - LED - Soil - Frankenpot - 1st Run In A Long Time

Morning all,

Both tents are stuffed, the 2x4 is really crammed. I am going to move at least one into the flower tent tonight, cause, it's packed.

I never thought about moving plants when I set the lights, thy are 1 hr off, I hope I dont F it up too much.

Dilemma # 2. I am almost out of smoke. Like, I got a week left maybe,,, so. Sarah is no where near ready to chop,
I cut a small branch off the bottom that is basically in the dark, I dont even know how it grew , it is so dark where is it..lol
I am thinking maybe a trim a bit each day, maybe pull a few premies off of Bel, and see if I can keep the main colas in flower for a couple more weeks? hmm.. I guess it depends on how this sample smokes..
6-25-AM-Sarah-4.jpg
6-25-AM-Sarah-1.jpg
6-25-AM-Sarah-3.jpg
6-25-AM-Sarah-2.jpg

Good Morning, Installed 1000 ft of electric dog fence yesterday. Damn, am I sore today,,,, damn. Started sipping some Sam Adams summer ale about 3pm, so by the time I finished, showered, and ate, well it was almost 7, and I was dead tired,,,, BUT, Solo was over-grown, so what better time to attempt something delicate, like trimming roots, then when I had been drinking for 4+ hours, smoking most of the day, and after working 10 hrs or so trenching, raking, digging, burying cable... yeah, perfect time. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

At least I remembered to take some pics....

Before.....
6-25-PM-solo-2.jpg
6-25-PM-solo-1.jpg
6-25-PM-solo-roots1.jpg
6-25-PM-solo-roots2.jpg

The trim, yeah, so, that root ball... was a solid mass, there was NO way of trying to be delicate,,, I ended up hacking off about 1/2 in or so, used the snips to open a hole in the center to get the air stone in.
6-25-PM-solo-3.jpg

6-25-PM-solo-roots4.jpg
6-25-PM-solo-roots3.jpg

But, this morning, she looked like she didn't miss a beat. Also, the last couple of days the bottom of the cup has had about 1 to 2 inches of water, like she didn't drink much once the level got below the air stone, this morning, the cup was bone dry, she drank it all.
6-26-AM-solo-2.jpg
6-26-AM-solo-1.jpg

Lookin good Boom! That solo...whoa! Somehow I only get updates from your thread once a week, not nearly enough to keep up with your crazy growth lol. I have been sampling a bit of mine to determine what kind of buzz I am gonna get. The popcorns provide a different buzz than the top buds it seems, way more heady so I decided to give them a few days longer to amber up.

4 bills on a qp? Man, 1 ounce is 300 bucks here :straightface:

Lookin good Boom! That solo...whoa! Somehow I only get updates from your thread once a week, not nearly enough to keep up with your crazy growth lol. I have been sampling a bit of mine to determine what kind of buzz I am gonna get. The popcorns provide a different buzz than the top buds it seems, way more heady so I decided to give them a few days longer to amber up.

4 bills on a qp? Man, 1 ounce is 300 bucks here :straightface:

thanks man,,,

the 400- QP is for middies,, the good stuff is 220 a oz... either way, will not longer need that.. will have much better home grown.

Solo still looking good at lights on, after the butchering, lmao

The CFL experiment should be done soon. Most are showing signs, nothing definite yet, but all are mature enough, alt nodes, and the 2nd or 3rd node in on most are showing the tiniest bit of growth. So, not long now. If I were to guess, based on the signs, I would guess 3 girls 1 boy, we will see... figure by the end of the week we should know.

eeek, Bel was tipped over, my franken bucket insert, collapsed under her weight,,, :thedoubletake:
I spun her around for now, so she is leaning up against the tent, but I know that will be crap for the buds, and air flow. lights out in 30 min, so it will have to do for the day, and I will swap her out for another one. I think I makde one with 4 solid plastic inserts holding it, and I will add more, maybe drill through and add a bolt and washers...

I sometimes do that. Guess we all do. It's very hard to wait sometimes. I usually put them in the oven at 100 degrees Celsius for 45-60 minutes. That usually makes them dry enough to smoke. And you get that nice smell in the house too

Dilemma # 2. I am almost out of smoke. Like, I got a week left maybe,,, so. Sarah is no where near ready to chop, I cut a small branch off the bottom that is basically in the dark, I dont even know how it grew , it is so dark where is it..lol
I am thinking maybe a trim a bit each day, maybe pull a few premies off of Bel, and see if I can keep the main colas in flower for a couple more weeks? hmm.. I guess it depends on how this sample smokes..

fixed Bel, man that bucket just collapsed. I put her in a 4 prong one, her roots got scraped a bit, and also seemed a bit,, soft, not quite slimy, but not that pearly white, almost woody quality like solo... she only has like 3 weeks or so to go, hope she can ride it out. may I got to get that hydroguard or that z7? IDK,, first time I took one this far through a DWC, lol...

as for the CFL experiment, if that first one is a boy, I want to cook him up instead of tossing him in the garbage. Now, I never cooked with a boy, and never heard of this decarbing util recently. but reading it,, they way I make butter, should accomplish the same thing? I simmer for about 4 hours, so 220ish for 4 hours.... that's the same right? Can I just cut him up, simmer him in water and butter, strain, let sit in fridge to cool, and drain off water...

or do I need to do anything different for boys? I think Vesp or Age cooked their boys, right? Too stoned to remember, and too lazy to go searching, hopefully one of them will read this,, lol.

And, Solo,, well, she is just chugging along, gonna need to trim some more soon I think,, tops, not bottoms yet..

Oh, the IV is a dud, I think the feed solution is too dense and messes with the regulator, so it clogged up, then the stagnant tubing grew algae instantly, well almost, so.... Thinking of making a drip system out of 2 liter bottle and aquarium tubing and the air control knob, will post pics...

Bel is not drinking, well barely, I dont know if it is because of her stage in flower, or if it is because I F'd her roots up when I transplanted. (but based on Solo's response to me hacking hers, I doubt it) so that leaves,,, root rot? or the beginning stages maybe? IDK. Res doesn't smell, but the color of those roots were not good.

I ordered the Z7, will be here Friday, maybe it will help.

Sarah is looking nice, fattening and darkening up. So, she may be ready this weekend after all. She was flipped on May 1st. but never showed hairs until the 15th. So, between 6 and 8 weeks now?

CFL2, probably a dude, but the pod is more octagonal. it's still small, will give it til tomorrow or sat. gonna cut Sarah on Sat ithink anyways, need the smoke, so she will have to sacrafice. That will open room up in the tents, and maybe I can get one of the new seeds soaking.

6-29-PM-CFL2-2.jpg
6-29-PM-CFL2-1.jpg

and Miss Solo. She is 26 inch tall or so, don't have a clue on how the hell i am gonna support her when she develops buds. But the roots are rebounding quick, didn't faze her at all.

6-29-PM-Solo-2.jpg
6-29-PM-Solo-1.jpg
6-29-PM-Solo-4.jpg
6-29-PM-Solo-3.jpg

Bel is starting to yellow out bad, and she is not drinking. I either tore some roots, like up high on the mass, or it is root rot setting in.
I am thinking root rot, since it is such a small res, and the temps are not controlled at all. That Z7 is supposed to come in today, hopefully it gets me a couple of weeks so Bel can finish up.

CFL Experiment update.

So far, 1 boy, 1 girl. Although I was watching this video, where the guy was sexing the seeds themselves, so I am thinking maybe this CFL vs LEd is nonsense? IDK,,lol

CFL #2, Boy
Lights are out now, I will chop him up tonight, or maybe wait until tomorrow when I cut Sarah, and I can mix him in with the trim to make butter with

6-30-AM-CFL2-boy.jpg

CFL # 4, - Girl
6-30-AM-CFL4-girl.jpg

Hey BS! Yes, I cooked up mah boyz. I decarbed in the oven first~ 200° for about 45 minutes, then did the crock pot method for about 12 hours... though I don't think it's necessary to crock pot that long~ the boys did not give the normal edible buzz; but it did give me a ton of pain relief where I was able to get through my day~
Funny you mention the sexing from seed~ electro gypsy does that quite successfully so I've been trying to study it for my next batch~

Could you place the solo cup into a bigger bottom container (solo & all) in order to hold her up? Like a mason jar or something? You are the king of roots, BS! Beautiful job, my friend!

Back
Top Bottom