The BS Journal - Bag Seed - LED - Soil - Frankenpot - 1st Run In A Long Time

Awesome! I think it might help too, especially if she's not looking for the brain freeze. The butter I made with trim from the girls literally knocked me on my ass~ potent stuff I have to be careful with!

CFL 3 and 4 are boys, so that blows the CFL vs LED on sex theory.... don't know the sex of the 4th yet...

CFL4
6-30-PM-C4.jpg

CFL3
6-30-PM-C3.jpg

but I did get the Z7 in,, Bel is still not drinking, and is getting yellow, so IDK if it will help or if she is gonna die on me
also got some boveda packs

6-30-PM-Z7.jpg

reservoir temperatures play a significant role in the roots health. You should keep it below 26C degrees at all times. Higher temperatures than this promote growth of harmful bacteria and your plants get sick and die.

I have a feeling that is what the issue is. It is only a small 3 gal container, so it is the same temp as the tent.

I froze a couple of .5 liter bottles of water, and have started placing one frozen bottle on the top cover of the res. figure it would radiate some cold down into the res. I didn't want to drop the frozen bottle directly in the res, figured freezing the roots is prob not good either. lol

I have a jack - jill for my daughter today, so wont be able to do much, but plan on changing the res tonight, and use that enzyme, hopefull it comes around. I also have ice blankets, so I may pop those in the freezer, and then place one under the res....

thanks DeVille, for confirming my suspicions.

had to google 26c,, lmao, 78.8 F.. :rofl::rofl:

and yeah, I would have to say that it has breached that temp, since the tent has gotten as high as 90... and regularly gets to 84-85

on a good note though,,, this means I will soon have room to pop a new seed :yahoo:

two boys out of the veg tent, Sarah comes out tonight or tomorrow, which shuold make enough room to get the rest of the veg tent into the flower tent, maybe I drop a seed by the 4th. I want time to clean out the veg tent thoroughly before starting the next round in there.

I picked up a 27 gal tote from home depot, and will modify that for a drying cab. I got 2 6" 90 elbows and will connect a hose from it to the veg tent, so air just gets pulled through and in through the tents.

oh, and I made butter out of the boys and put a table spoon on an english muffin to test this morning. If not much heady effect, I will let my wife try.

Well thanks for running the cfl experiment. It did intrest me due to me using LED to grow with. I have two of my big clones on overdrived T8 lights and it has been working way better then i expected!! I see your vigerouse solo grow didnt be affected by the root cut!! I would be ever so hesitant to do that!! Well until i seen u do it with no ill effects!! Thanks for that also!! Great journal keep up the great work.

I had been changing once a week, but up until last week when she fell over, then I man-handled her into a a new bucket... she alos drank about a gal a day of water.

so I was doing a full res change (about 2.5 gal) once a week, then adding a gal a dayof RO water.

But this last week, she has maybe drank a total of 1/2 gal of water....

OK, Sarah is coming down today. (Need the smoke and room)
Bel is still sick. I changed the res, used the Z7, hopefully she comes back, if not, she will be getting chopped next week sometime. Now I remember why I only dabbled in hydro before, the risk of losing everything so quickly. Soil gives me a buffer,,lol Which my stoner mind needs sometimes,,lol

I will get some picks up, Sarah is actually looking nice, she fattened up, colas are sticky, and tricks are cloudy, only a few amber scattered around, but close enough for me.

Tonight, I will see if I can cram the 2 CFL (as long as the second is a girl) and Solo into the flower tent, if so,, seeds get popped tonight :yahoo:

If not, and if Bel doesn't come back, then she gets the axe, and I pop new seeds :yahoo:

New seeds..... OK, seriously now, I left them in the vacuum sealed container, but when I pop a new seed, I want to preserve the others, and mark them accordingly. There are two packs, each has like 5 seeds of different varieties. What would you guys suggest?

Bravo on ur harvest. Maybe u should try coco. Grows like hydro but buffers like soil. But i will b the first to say watering every day is a pain n da arse!! Did u bud was? I harvested one of my girls six days ago i decided to dry n the fridge via Dr. Ziggys low n slow method. Great harvest!!

New seeds..... OK, seriously now, I left them in the vacuum sealed container, but when I pop a new seed, I want to preserve the others, and mark them accordingly. There are two packs, each has like 5 seeds of different varieties. What would you guys suggest?

Without spending a ton of money, this contraption is pretty cool...
420-magazine-mobile465457686.jpg

black container is Sarah, sorry for the blurry pic, still drying, I dried some in the over this morning so I could have a a bit of her.

I do have 2 clones of both Bel and Sarah (all 4 in dirt) in various stages of flower now.

And, verified tonight, CFl 1 is a girl, so 1 and 4 were girls, 2 and 3 were boys,

so out of 4 seeds under CFL, I got a 50% rate, 2 boys and 2 girls
out of 9 under LED, I got 7 boys and 2 girls.

However, I do not feel that the LED had anything to do with it, with what I have been reading on sexing seeds, the sex is pre-determined in the seed, I just had shitty luck on the first batch. lol

Happy 4th of July everyone! I know I am celebrating my independence from needing to get my smoke anywhere else. It is a great feeling knowing you are self sufficient.

I hope everyone is having a great 4th, (for the Americans) and For you Canuks, happy Canada day, eh?
For all my foreign followers,,, er.. IDK what today is.. :rofl: but have a good one :hookah:

Good news - Bad News.....

Bad news....
Bel is dead. Well, not 100% yet, but yeah, she is dead, no coming back. She hasn't drank a drop in over a week, and it is showing. I guess I am glad I didn't defoil, so she was able to pull nuts from the leaves to feed buds. They are way premature, but I dont see her recovering in any way. I think I chop her today, while I have the day off.

Good News...

With Bel out of the flower tent, I can move the 2 CFLs into the flower tent, Solo, and the other clone, That will empty the veg tent, so today I select a new seed :yahoo: If i open the pack that has the seeds I bought, I think I want to try the Incredible bulk, or the critical haze, If I open the pack that has the freebies, then it's either the blue cheese, or the pineapple chunk.... decisions, decisions...

I quick shot of Bel this morning, so sad..

7-4-AM-Bel1.jpg
7-4-AM-Bel2.jpg

Some pics of the sad state of Bel.. she was sticky,,,

7-4-Bel.jpg

So much potential, this is probably what makes me the saddest. the lost potential, this makes me even sadder then all the males,, the potential, she would have been huge.

7-4-Bel-bud.jpg

The drying container...

7-4-harvest.jpg

lots of popcorn unfortunately, so much lost potential...
7-4-Bel-trim.jpg

Now, Bel had mamoth P for quite a bit of her life, and look at her main stem..

7-4-Bel-stem3.jpg
7-4-Bel-stem2.jpg
7-4-Bel-stem1.jpg

and the roots, I do see some white coming back, but the brown is just bad,, slimy on parts, like the two circled spots, ,,

7-4-Bel-roots.jpg
7-4-Bel-roots2.jpg
7-4-Bel-roots3.jpg

As one chapter draws to a close, a new one starts. I think this journal will be for the clones, and the CFL's, and when they finish, so will the BS journal. I think I will start a new journal for the new genetics.

sneak peak...

I had 2 disks, one had what I ordered, one had the freebies. I popped the one that I ordered, so.... The next generation.......

7-4-critical-soma.jpg
7-4-Incrediblebulk.jpg

In the blue is Incredible Bulk, and in the orange is Critical Soma
7-4-seeds.jpg

Back
Top Bottom