The BS Journal - Bag Seed - LED - Soil - Frankenpot - 1st Run In A Long Time

thanks LaLG, she was my favorite too, the buds she did have, so dense and sticky, but it's my fault for not doing more to control res temps. I had read about them, but thought since I was going through so much water, and changing the res pretty often, I thought I could get away with it... I guess not. Tough lesson to learn, unfortunately, I am a bit thick sometimes, and need to learn things the hard way for myself,, lol

currently, bel's babies are my new favorites, and the seeds,,, oh the seeds,, they will be my new favorites.. :)

Solo is growing like mad, I will start using the Z7 in her solution, dont want her roots to die,

don't know how to keep her under temp though, it's less than 18oz :rofl:

7-5-AM-Solo3.jpg
7-5-AM-Solo2.jpg
7-5-AM-Solo1.jpg
7-5-AM-Solo-tall.jpg
7-5-AM-Solo-roots.jpg

Congrats on your harvest Boom! But I'm so sorry to hear about Bel - she really did look like she had some real potential. That full flower tent is gorgeous and can't wait to see your new seeds pop!

Solo is coming right along. She is amazing! I wonder if you could put the cup in a coffee container with ice or something, maybe wrap a few rags around it to insulate it and get the temps where you want them? I bet if you suspended the cup in a larger container of water you could control the temp of the larger container and the roots of the solo would be the same temp just from being suspended in said water. It would still be just the solo but you could use the ambient temp of the larger container to control the temp of the smaller. Just a few ideas, I'm brainstorming :smokin: :laughtwo:

Both seeds split and had the beginnings of a tap root. (the IB already had a taproot about 1/4 inch)

Put into solo cups and under a CFL in the veg tent. Not due to the CFL experiment, or the sausage fest under the LED, but because nothing else is running in the veg tent and 50 watts of cfl is better than 125 watts of LED,, until they start growing

Been a while since I updated, so...

The Incredible Bilk did not make it. I believe it is my fault,, she showed a tap root, and when I moved the seed from the shot glass to the solo cup,,, well, in my stoned mind I thought it would be good to not dump the water from shot glass into solo cup, so i used a milk jug cap as a transport. stupid me.

well the seed got stuck in the outer edge of the cap, and I think i killed it trying to get it out and into the cup.

The Critical soma is doing nice though...

7-11-AM-CS.jpg

and the flower tent is flowering..

7-11-AM-Flower-1.jpg
7-11-AM-Flower-2.jpg

and... Miss Solo...

She is HUGE. I went away for the weekend, and was scared she would starve and die, I rigged up a drip feed system, basically punched a 1/4 air tube through the bottom of a 1/2 gal milk jug, caulked around the tube. and used the air flow adjuster knob to regulate the flow. When I got home, Solo was empty and on its side, but only barely wilted, so it worked well enough, will have to refine it before I go away again.

To cool the cup, I used a bit of the advice given to me here from LaLG, but I didn't want the solo cup to get too cold, and ice itself I think would be too cold. So, I put some weight in the bottom of a coffee bucket, and dropped that into a tub of water, Solo Goes into the coffee bucket and is surrounded by air that is cooler than the air temps of the tent, since the coffee can is immersed in ice water, well in theory anyways.

Hopefully that helps control the res temp...

7-11-AM-Solo-cool.jpg

and Solo...

7-11-AM-Solo-1.jpg
7-11-AM-Solo-6.jpg
7-11-AM-Solo-7.jpg
7-11-AM-Solo-5.jpg
7-11-AM-Solo-2.jpg
7-11-AM-Solo-3.jpg
7-11-AM-Solo-4.jpg

Very nice! Your monster solo is just amazing. Goes to show you must be taking very good care of her!

Sorry to hear that Incredible didn't make it. My C99 is barely hanging on after having the root zone attacked by a bug that found its way into the coco. At least I had a few more seeds to give it another go. One is soaking now that should crack by this afternoon.

Woohoo! That does call for celebration! :yahoo:

Morning all, so excited that both IB and CS have sprouted. And as I look at the calendar,,, it's like wow, stuff gonna be coming out of the tent in 3 and 5 weeks from now. I have 6 jars curing between sarah and bel, (had 7,,, but one got slowly burned up :tokin: )

still smells like hay, and I probably put into jars too soon, since they softened right up, humidity in my house is too high too, so will take a bit to smell good again I guess..lol

but the one small jar of Sarah lasted a week, so, I should have close to 6 weeks supply, more than enough to let the next round flower propperly, and dry-cure more before I hit it.

And by then, I should have clones ob IB and CS going, with the first good genetics in the flower tent.... woo hoo, exciting times ahead.

The three quart jars are Bel, the 3 pint jars are Sarah, there were 4 pint jars last week,,lol

7-13-curing.jpg

Yeah that is something I am finding quite interesting. How you can tell things are changing in the jars during the cure. I couldn't really tell the first few days but now, just about 9 days later, they are changing the way they smell. I also sampled some that was not properly dried and some that was properly dried but not cured. As I continue to let it cure and use some other, I can actually tell a difference. The longer they cure they seem to be better tasting and smelling. I think it is getting smoother as well as time goes on. My stuff seems to burn a little bit in the back of the throat when you hit it out of a bowl but works/taste great in the vape. I think I should have flushed longer but idk if that is it or not. The important thing is it works lol! I should probably do a smoke report in my completed journal...

How are the solo cup temps doing? I'm just tickled to death that you used part of my idea! As a group farmers are very resourceful and see applications for things to be done or used in ways some people wouldn't imagine. And we have some very creative folks on this site.

:thumb: :Namaste:

Morning all, flower tent is so full, lmao. Got two that should be ready in 2 weeks or so, and that will free up some space. Solo is still doing great, although she is a high maintenance girl.

Some pics....
Mis solo,
7-21-AM-solo.jpg

Right side of flower tent, Solo is in the front to the right
7-21-AM-flower-rght.jpg

Left rear of tent, either Bel or Sarah's offspring, Tomorrow will start week 7 of flower.
7-21-AM-flower-lft-rear.jpg

Right Rear of the tent, the other clone, either Bel or Sarah, and it is also starting week 7
7-21-AM-flower-left-rear.jpg

Left side of tent,
7-21-AM-flower-Lft.jpg
7-21-AM-flower-Lft2.jpg

Thanks Pino, to be honest, it's a bitch trying to keep them all happy in there. at least humidity is low, otherwise with that crowd I would be more worried about that M word. I cant event get to the ladies in back, except to crawl and reach my hand in and awkwardly tip a jug of water or nuts into it.

It just got so packed so quick,, :rofl:

I got to get dirt today so I can transplant the two new seeds, they are outgrowing the solos, I can see roots all along the sides and bottom, (love the clear cup)

Thinking of naming them, Isabel and Carly Sue,

Thanks Pino, to be honest, it's a bitch trying to keep them all happy in there. at least humidity is low, otherwise with that crowd I would be more worried about that M word. I cant event get to the ladies in back, except to crawl and reach my hand in and awkwardly tip a jug of water or nuts into it.

It just got so packed so quick,, :rofl:

I got to get dirt today so I can transplant the two new seeds, they are outgrowing the solos, I can see roots all along the sides and bottom, (love the clear cup)

Thinking of naming them, Isabel and Carly Sue,

Boom, go to the Auto parts store and get one of those ridiculously large funnels. They are about two - three feet long and are perfect for feeding in cramped locations.

Gauge

Back
Top Bottom