Extract is way stronger than juice. A tablespoon would be too much. Have a cold plate handy. You can drop a little caramel on the plate to cool it and taste. I'd guess you want about the same amount of extract as the vanilla.

Extract is way stronger than juice. A tablespoon would be too much. Have a cold plate handy. You can drop a little caramel on the plate to cool it and taste. I'd guess you want about the same amount of extract as the vanilla.

I realized what I typed after reading it over, LOL Yes, I need to adjust the tbls. if using the extract. Maybe start with 1/2 tsp and see what that does. (if I have any extract here) Otherwise, I'll try the zest and salt in the mortar/pestel :thumb:

I'll let ya'll know what I think of it. Hoping to make some tomorrow.

I realized what I typed after reading it over, LOL Yes, I need to adjust the tbls. if using the extract. Maybe start with 1/2 tsp and see what that does. (if I have any extract here) Otherwise, I'll try the zest and salt in the mortar/pestel :thumb:

I'll let ya'll know what I think of it. Hoping to make some tomorrow.

Be careful with your zest..you dont want any lemon white to go in your mixture cause it goes bitter when boilling...Lemon helps shirup not to go suggarry and break...you could use lemon juice in caramel and also butter up your caramel will make them silky and flavory..

For good health, wouldn't it be better to have 1/4 the amount 4 times per day?

Is it friendly over here? LOL

I would think that to be a good idea Radogast. When I used to make toast in the morning I spread on very little of the butter. Mine was also quite potent. It was great on toasted english muffins too.
I'm looking forward to what you do with your MB machine!

This is as decorated as it's gonna get at my house this year. Happy Holidays everyone :peacetwo:
Christmas_Cookie.jpg

reuseable for St Patrick's Day in 3 weeks :)

Is it friendly over here? LOL

I would think that to be a good idea Radogast. When I used to make toast in the morning I spread on very little of the butter. Mine was also quite potent. It was great on toasted english muffins too.
I'm looking forward to what you do with your MB machine!

All caught up with he friendly posts in this thread, but my brain absorbed pretty much nothing.
When it comes to deserts and sweets, I'm not very motivated unless it's dark chocolate.

The wife however, has a flair for flavors and spices. I am waiting to see what he does with HER MB machine :)

For good health, wouldn't it be better to have 1/4 the amount 4 times per day?

I don't know what you mean Radogast. You will need to tell me how to quarter butter a piece of toast or even better, why? One piece of buttered toast lasts all day for me. I have toast in the morning and then I tack. I smoke or vape all day. I do all that for good health.

WJ
:ciao:

I don't know what you mean Radogast. You will need to tell me how to quarter butter a piece of toast or even better, why? One piece of buttered toast lasts all day for me. I have toast in the morning and then I tack. I smoke or vape all day. I do all that for good health.

WJ
:ciao:

Thanks. My comment was based on the idea that healing happens best with fresh meds in your body every 4 hours.
I suppose you spread out your tacking. Sounds like you are well covered.

Back
Top Bottom