The Munki's Playground

Hey Munki,

Looks like you're kickin' butt as usual.

Question. Can you give me the specifics on your LED light? I'm wavering back to buying an LED and I'm just wondering about size, brand and footprint. I did zip through this thread but I couldn't find the info. Thanks.

I grew hydro for like the last 3 cycles I can honestly say I am done with that. Unless you feel like monitoring the PH daily for a minimum 3 months and have a ton of time and energy to devote to a crop. I was doing DWC in 5 gallon buckets with no central reservoir so it was a big time hassle. PH issues doomed me. Low yields. It was horrible. I think for a lazy grower such as myself I have reached the pinnacle of water once or twice a week and forget. I use 3 or 5 gallon smart pots filled with a special soil blend with a lot of wood ash. Makes the buds tight and dense. SCRoG it. Mix the Happy Frog with it. Don't knock it unless you've tried it. I'm getting bigger yields than what I was getting with hydroponics and I'm saving a ton of money on nutrients. Don't knock it unless you've tried it. Piece of mind is very important. The 5 gallon buckets are gathering dust.

I don't think I've "knocked" any particular growing method; success is the ultimate guide. It really seems to come down to one's grow environment and particular skill set. For my grows so far, I haven't had too many issues with pH. Having a larger reservoir helps a lot. The pH drop this time was just a miscalibrated meter.

I visit the tent every other day but could go weeks between visits once the flowering sets in (though I wouldn't want to do that unless I had to).

Thanks for the comments and for stopping by the playground, Growing247.

:Namaste:

that would be great if u got some light movers in there. def think the plants would like it. sorry to hear about the pm bro, i hate that stuff.

Really coming along nice, Munki! :welldone:

Good job on catching that PM early! That stuff can wrek havoc.

Thanks Mr. Krip. The strain is sensitive to PM but that is its only real downside. Good smoke results from its genetics and it mixes well with other strains when making blends.

Hey Munki! Nothing like spectacular looking plants and pics to get a journal moving!

They almost look too good to smoke... almost :)

:tokin: Oh yeah, I hear ya, BD!

Hey Munki,

Looks like you're kickin' butt as usual.

Question. Can you give me the specifics on your LED light? I'm wavering back to buying an LED and I'm just wondering about size, brand and footprint. I did zip through this thread but I couldn't find the info. Thanks.
looking great :) who makes those led panels ? I am subscribed

Thanks. LED panels are from a company presently known as Cold Fire LED, a sponsor of 420 Magazine.

ColdfireLED Home Page

At the present time, it appears that they do not have panels for sale. I invite anyone interested to go to the site and contact Aleeya Kim. Her info is on the site and she can answer your questions better at this point. She is developing a new panel; the ones shown here are no longer sold. However, I do really like the individual lenses on the LED elements of these panels. Under a LUX meter, the light intensity remains very high for about 1 foot under the panels before succumbing to effects of the inverse square law.

that would be great if u got some light movers in there. def think the plants would like it. sorry to hear about the pm bro, i hate that stuff.

Yeah the PM just happens with this strain. I had another strain next to this one in my last grow that did not get it at all so I know that strain susceptibility is the primary culprit.

Maybe a light mover will be in my future one day. One can never precisely tell how the future will bear out.

Yeah the PM just happens with this strain. I had another strain next to this one in my last grow that did not get it at all so I know that strain susceptibility is the primary culprit.

Maybe a light mover will be in my future one day. One can never precisely tell how the future will bear out.

thats crazy that the strain next to that one, didnt get any pm. i would have guessed it would.

ya hear u on that. ive been lookin at portable a/c just now, cuz i badly need something and they are a pretty penny, thats for sure. not sure if i can afford one anytime soon now.

How ya Been Munki?

That LED makes your plants look kinda trippy man. I love all the colors on those girls!!:smokin:

How ya Been Munki?

That LED makes your plants look kinda trippy man. I love all the colors on those girls!!:smokin:

Makes for pretty pictures, that's for sure! :riskybusiness:

Flower day 31. Resin production is up but I spotted more PM, so I decided to spray with the SNS fungicide.

Revervoir had a low pH again. I added 17 mL of 15% KOH pH up to get the reservoir back into a good range. I haven't seen this before but I think I may have an explanation. I used silica in this grow and I have a feeling that when the plants take it in, the natural raising of the pH it did goes away.

Side note, I decided to put down my two mother plants. Don't think I'll continue with this strain as constantly dealing with PM is a hassle. Should save some electricity too! ;)

041711-pic1.JPG
041711-pic2.JPG
041711-pic4.JPG
041711-pic3.JPG

Sorry about the PM battles Munki. I hate the stuff.

I've got the SNS spray too so please let us know how it works... thanks!

The SNS fungicide works well. Nothing elimates PM; it does come back over time. Just have to stay on top of the problem to not let it spread too far. With the SNS, once a week treatments should suffice. I'd prefer to use just high pH water, but the SNS seems to have longer lasting effects so I have to spray less often.

Good to know on the SNS products - seems like a lot of good reviews on them.

BTW --

:rollit::partyboy::headbanger::goof::rocker::party:Happy 420 Day to you! :party::rocker::goof::headbanger::partyboy::rollit:

Agreed on the SNS spray. Nothing gets rid of the PM permanently, but the SNS application seems to last longer so I do not have to apply as often. A big plus in my book! :thumb:

Happy 420 to you and all! :yummy:

Flower day 34. No PM spotted today. SNS applications do seem to last longer than other home remedies; liking it so far as a grower.

Resin production continues to increase along with the wonderful scents from the flowers and stems. Very nice indeed.

No change in the pH ... still at 5.8. TDS is rising so plants are taking in a good quantity more of water than nutrients. I may add back some RO water. The reading was 115 on the display which translates to an EC of 2.3.

Oh, I also added an oscillating fan in the back of the tent to keep that air moving well. Hope it will further retard PM from breaking out ... at least I can hope. It will show in my future pics.

EDIT: One more thing. I haven't been sharing temps that I've recorded in the tent but I'll share what I've been seeing. I do not control the temps; they are at the mercy of local conditions. My min/max temps were about 55 / 82 with RH going between 28 and 72 percent. My guess is the high RH occurs when the temp is low at early morning.

042011-pic1.JPG
042011-pic2.JPG
042011-pic4.JPG
042011-pic3.JPG
042011-pic5.JPG

Hey Munki, thanks for stopping by and the good wishes. Happy 420 to you, too!

Your plants look great!

They're really starting to frost up nicely and great job on controlling that PM!
:welldone:

Hey Munki, thanks for stopping by and the good wishes. Happy 420 to you, too!

Your plants look great!

They're really starting to frost up nicely and great job on controlling that PM!
:welldone:

:thanks: for the support! :cheer:

Flower day 36. Going into week 6 now. Looking pretty frosty but I'd like to see them bulk up in mass. That should occur over the next couple of weeks. Planning on going 10 - 12 weeks flower.

PM noted in several places, but spot were very small. With the additional air circulation in the tent, I'm probably spreading spores pretty good. Turned off all fans, raised lights, and sprayed down each plant well with the SNS fungicide.

042211-pic2.JPG
042211-pic3.JPG
042211-pic4.JPG
042211-pic5.JPG
042211-pic6.JPG

Shot looking up. Note the fuzziness of trichomes in the budzones.

042211-pic7.JPG

Check of the meter. I'm considering doing a RO water addback to the reservoir to take the concentration of nutes down a bit but haven't done so yet.

042211-pic1.JPG

:peacetwo:

Your ppm is 1600? I think you should raise the temp of the room, you don't want to ever go below 60f, it reduces yeild(I never used led before and my below temp was severe at times). I've had it happen to me 2 years in a row, was a hard way of learning(mine was a 8 and a ten week strain). Good to know sns is good shit, I never had a powder mold issue but I am prepared if one arises.

Back
Top Bottom