The Munki's Playground

Strategies to slow growth have worked as I clipped these off 7 - 8 weeks ago. Presently running 16 hours days plus had removed 2 of the 4 T5 tubes in the floro panel. Just put the other two tubes back in last night as the flowering crops are nearing completion.

Thanks for checking in Propa!

Little mothers update. With all four tubes in on the T5 panel and the new nutes flowing, the lil' mommies are growing well. Did a whole bunch of trimming on them along with some supercropping to promote branching. The photo that shows after the trim does not do justice to how much material I removed. Since the cuttings were taken in early flower, there is a tendency for tiny leaves and branches to form out of the flower head. With stem diameters no thicker than a human hair and slow growth, they are worthless except to harbor mold. Trimmed all that out. Fed and watered them all.

Before the trim...
102910-pic2.JPG

102910-pic3.JPG

and after the trim.
102910-pic4.JPG

hey Munki, great to see everythings going so great, i have responded, but ive been checking in since my first post.
maybe i missed it, or maybe you moved it, but where are the original plants that the cuts all came from? and how are they coming along?

:popcorn:

hey Munki, great to see everythings going so great, i have responded, but ive been checking in since my first post.
maybe i missed it, or maybe you moved it, but where are the original plants that the cuts all came from? and how are they coming along?

:popcorn:

They are cuts from the original seeds grown at the beginning of this thread. The seed plants were all flowered in another thread. Go to this link...

Munki's 576 Watt LED & Hempy Style Flower Power

Since the cuttings were taken in early flower, there is a tendency for tiny leaves and branches to form out of the flower head. With stem diameters no thicker than a human hair and slow growth, they are worthless except to harbor mold. Trimmed all that out. Fed and watered them all.

Good info on the behavior of flowering clones - took my first set a week ago, and really don't know what I need to do different. This helps - thanks brother! +reps

Good info on the behavior of flowering clones - took my first set a week ago, and really don't know what I need to do different. This helps - thanks brother! +reps

Just sharing what has been working for me. Glad if it helps.

I should of included pics of what I'm seeing to further clarify. Took a while until I knew which branches were runts.

BTW, love the new avatar. May the Force be with you. :thumb:

All I know is... it's not wise to upset a Munki!

LOL. I would speak in my native Sherriwook language, but it does not translate well to written text, hence the translation.

Can we say ... :eek:fftopic:? Naw, it's all good here at the Playground!

Got some pics from last night. Been dealing with PM showing up here. Pretty bummed about it but it isn't very widespread. It is making me reconsider supporting a mother though I may still proceed. Anyways, I do need to thin the herd.

On the topic of nutrients, I am liking the Mother Plant nutrients.

111610-pic1.JPG
111610-pic2.JPG
111610-pic3.JPG

Just wanted to say that my thoughts and prayers go out to the Ann and Alexander Shulgin. Thank you for sharing your discoveries.

:peace:

Been a long time since an update. I have been keeping the clones alive and fighting PM along the way. The plant numbers are down and now only have 3 Ogre and 3 Master Kush plants remaining.

101218_1002.JPG
101218_1005.JPG
101218_1004.JPG

You can see some Powdery Mildew in this pic.
101218_1003.JPG

However, I get beautiful new growth from the tops.
101218_1006.JPG
101218_1007.JPG

Trimmed PM and other clippings.
101218_1008.JPG

End result. Will check them in a couple of days.

The constant rain and 100 % humidity makes me happy I'm not flowering anything right now.
101218_1009.JPG

The constant rain and 100 % humidity makes me happy I'm not flowering anything right now.
Yes, there is sunshine on the other side of the cloud.

Transpiration slows too much to move water up the stem, in v. high humidity.
No water, no food, no growth. Except fungus

Nothing can sub for dry air, but I've read that an alkaline enviroment is anti mildew. White-wash is the traditional preventative maintainance in Old School dairies. A bicarbonate wash may help?

Yes, there is sunshine on the other side of the cloud.

Transpiration slows too much to move water up the stem, in v. high humidity.
No water, no food, no growth. Except fungus

Nothing can sub for dry air, but I've read that an alkaline enviroment is anti mildew. White-wash is the traditional preventative maintainance in Old School dairies. A bicarbonate wash may help?

I will need to include such secondary measures as I had to ditch another plant today from being heavily attacked by PM. A couple of days without rain and the spore count must have gone through the roof.

I had mixed up some water into a sprayer with a few drops of pH up and down to get a spray in the range of 8 to 9. Sprayed down the two remaining Ogre plants. This was a couple of days ago. Will be checking on them today to see if this helped or hurt them. The other three plants are all Master Kush which is remarkably resistant to PM. They did not get the spray.

Back
Top Bottom