The Munki's Playground

Morning Munki! Those poor girls really look stunted from the cold lol! I'm bracing for the heat which is right around the corner where I'm at.

Few questions about the SNS line, would you recommend using the mold spray as a preventative or just when you see some pm? I've been plagued by mold I hate that stuff.

Heh, no problem with the questions. Just sprayed the mold treatment when I saw some PM. Just started using this though and I think it said to use every 7 to 14 days. May be good to follow the directions on the bottle. Generally, I don't like to put stuff on the plant in flower but mold treatments have to be considered at times.

Also I wasn't paying attention but were you using the 604a? I'm wondering when to switch, my oldest are now day 30 of 12/12. My youngest is day 1 but most of them are day 20 - 30.

Yeah I did use a 32 ounce bottle of 604a in the early stages of the grow. Just put in the 604B so I did it at the start of flower week 4.

This is another issue I didn't anticipate with my staggered grow, I hate having multiple batches of water/nutes for the girls - these 10 get this, these 10 get that, the seedlings get something else.

One things for sure this pH meter is paying for itself in a hurry I love it.

Keep it simple with the nutes and you have less things to mess up or go wrong and easier to figure out problems if one does occur. Glad you are enjoying the meter. Just remember to keep it calibrated.

What strain(s) are you growing? I can't keep track with my dwindling brain cells wonder why :lot-o-toke:

Strain is Ogre. Got it from a seed from a dispensary purchase. Held on to the seed for a year then planted it. Was the strongest plant of the ones I had last grow so I kept the mothers and am growing it again, but trying to keep the size more manageable.

:surf:

Flower day 24. No PM has been spotted yet to witch I am most thrilled. Flood cycle has been increased to 6 times a day; every other hour from 9 AM to 7 PM. Was at 3 times per day.

Here are the latest pics. Lights were raised again today and pictures show their latest position.

041011-pic1.JPG
041011-pic2.JPG

I've now noticed that trichome production has begun in earnest.

041011-pic3.JPG
041011-pic4.JPG

:thumb:

Hey Munki,
beautiful plants. I just have some ideas as far as efficiency and your PM problem. If you ran just plain water (ideally RO) in your ebb n flow and just used Osmocote+ throughout and Dynamite 13-13-13 top fed for bloom in the medium, it would eliminate one possible source of problems. On a side note I eliminate ph measuring from my grows with soil with dolomite lime in Air Pots. You could keep your ebb n flow setup by putting hydroton in the last few inches of the airpots or rockwool and flooding only pure water.:peacetwo:

They still look happy as clams Munki, hope you continue to not see any pm all grow.

Is 6 the max or will you add more floods?

:bravo:

The 6 per day should do it. There is a formula to figure out the best frequency of floods, but it requires that the media be tested for what is considered a "hidden reservoir". There is a webpage that has a calculator to figure it all out; I just cannot link to it from here. Just Google Cannastats Ebb Flow Tips.

plants look great munki, good job. trichomes already, alright!!
:popcorn:

Yeah Yeah !!!

Hey Munki,
beautiful plants. I just have some ideas as far as efficiency and your PM problem. If you ran just plain water (ideally RO) in your ebb n flow and just used Osmocote+ throughout and Dynamite 13-13-13 top fed for bloom in the medium, it would eliminate one possible source of problems. On a side note I eliminate ph measuring from my grows with soil with dolomite lime in Air Pots. You could keep your ebb n flow setup by putting hydroton in the last few inches of the airpots or rockwool and flooding only pure water.:peacetwo:

Thanks for the tips clongo and :welcome: to 420 Magazine!

Flower day 26. Vertical growth appears to have slowed significantly. I do not expect to have to raise the lights again. Plants are filling out and preparing themselves to fatten up. :cheer:

041211-pic1.JPG
041211-pic2.JPG
041211-pic3.JPG
041211-pic4.JPG

lookin good bro
Hey Munki - they look really great. Nice and frosty already - :yahoo:

Thanks guys. Yeah, the trichomes are popping out and the tent smells great!

Pics look crazy under LEDS.

crazy colors man. looks great. :popcorn:

I know! Love those multi-colored shots though I think the LED panels would be best used on a mover so each leaf area can get all the different colored lights; must be confusing to the plant thinking it is being lit by a rainbow! :hippy:

Flower day 28 so the plants are finishing up week four. My my, look at how they grow! :tokin:

041411-pic1.JPG
041411-pic2.JPG
041411-pic3.JPG
041411-pic4.JPG
041411-pic5.JPG

Some PM has shown up on a few fan leaves. I went ahead and mixed up a batch of high pH water using 15% aqueous potassium hydroxide, (pH up KOH). Tested out to be 8.7 ... close enough. Sprayed all plants down good then wiped the floor and LED panels for overspray.

041411-pic6.JPG

pH in the reservoir had lowered unexpectedly...

041411-pic7.JPG

I hadn't added any pH up to the mix before, so I went ahead and added 8 mL of the 15% KOH pH up solution. Meter only moved a bit, so I pulled the probe out and recalibrated it. Lookin' good now.

041411-pic8.JPG

I grew hydro for like the last 3 cycles I can honestly say I am done with that. Unless you feel like monitoring the PH daily for a minimum 3 months and have a ton of time and energy to devote to a crop. I was doing DWC in 5 gallon buckets with no central reservoir so it was a big time hassle. PH issues doomed me. Low yields. It was horrible. I think for a lazy grower such as myself I have reached the pinnacle of water once or twice a week and forget. I use 3 or 5 gallon smart pots filled with a special soil blend with a lot of wood ash. Makes the buds tight and dense. SCRoG it. Mix the Happy Frog with it. Don't knock it unless you've tried it. I'm getting bigger yields than what I was getting with hydroponics and I'm saving a ton of money on nutrients. Don't knock it unless you've tried it. Piece of mind is very important. The 5 gallon buckets are gathering dust.

Back
Top Bottom