The Overkill Microbox: Soil, Semi-Stealth, LED, Smart Pots, LST, Defoliation From Seed

Well folks, 8.5 weeks in and they are ready to harvest...pretty sure..lol

I've been checking trichs for the last 2 weeks and the papaya is definitely ready to go. Almost all cloudy with a smattering of amber here and there.

Both of the critical girls though...lots of clear, lots of cloudy and some amber here and there. It's a little confusing actually. One of them is more cloudy but the other not so much. I like a heady high anyway and if I want to get locked out, the papaya will definitely do that for me. It's interesting the difference between the two critical girls. One stayed really short and the other got lankier but they are both responding similarly toward the finish.

I guess they call this, now correct me if I'm wrong, each plant expressing a different phenotype. Is that right? Same soil, same conditions, same training, same strain but both look different and grew slightly differently.

Anyway...this grow is coming to a close! All in all, 12.5 weeks overall, 8.5 weeks in flower and if I'm lucky, I'll be able to try it out before the holiday but definitely before Christmas. :yahoo:

8.5 wks flower 1.jpg

8.5 wks flower 2.jpg

8.5 wks flower 3.jpg

8.5 wks flower 4.jpg

My next grow may have to wait till next fall but we'll see. I'm going to be out of town in February and March/April so it might now work out time wise. I might be able to get a few clones and start on on April 1 for 10 weeks, 2 weeks veg, 8 weeks flower but we'll see.

Smoke report due soon!!

Peace

:Namaste::Namaste:

Harvest pics...

I like defoliation...it makes trimming SO much easier.

The nugs are dense-ish the papaya being the densest. I built a small rack out of PVC and twine to hang the buds by. Also using Christmas ornament hangers which work really well.

Harvest 1.jpg

Harvest 2.jpg

Harvest 3.jpg

A couple of these buds, considering my setup, are pretty big. Easily 12" in length and pretty fat. The drain tray is also doubling as a drying tray for a few little buds and sugar leaves I trimmed. Very little of that though.

I'm guessing my dry weight will be around 6 to 8 oz's. GPW at 7 oz would be almost a 1gram per watt, .98. Should have final weight in about 4 to 5 days. It's cooler than the summer when my harvest dried in 3 days to almost too dry.

I'll post my numbers and smoke report soon!

:Namaste:

Ok...
My final harvest weight was a little disappointing at 5.5oz of trimmed bud and .5oz of larfy, sugar leaves, etc. I mean it's not horrible but I was hoping for a bit more. I only vegged 5 weeks from seed. Should've gone longer in veg and trained more. New light, new lessons.

Smoke report.. Critical is damaging lol. I don't know if I've ever had weed this strong. I have a dugout one hitter. Yesterday I loaded it and shared it with two other friends. We each took one hit, didn't finish the hitter. We were SO high for about 2 hours... Crazy!

The papaya I haven't tried yet but will tomorrow and report back.

Papaya...sweet papaya..

This part of my harvest is so incredibly smooth both in taste and in high...very smooth, gentle and not overpowering. Fruity tasting..just how I like it. I didn't like the final harvest weight from the plant but it's quality stuff. No question.

This grow is formally complete but I'll be starting another soon with different strains and maybe coco definitely air pots. I'll be back

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us. :goodjob::welldone:

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

I'm waiting till fall for my next grow. Thanks!!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us. :goodjob::welldone:

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

Back
Top Bottom