I'm very happy to see you back and sharing your grows Krissi. It wasn't the same without you :green_heart:
Thanks Budman, means a lot. Thrilled to be back with the fam :green_heart:
Hellooo! Stunning pics on page 1! :drool:
Helloooooo Clarissssse :rofl:

Thank you love! Hoping we can have some fine ladies this grow to compare them to!! :cheer:

No huge introduction going into this Spring grow, just wanted to start it off with an endless supply of virtual hugs and left passing dutchies and from the bottom of my very green heart, to let my 420 family know how much I have missed them

:hug::passitleft::hug::passitleft::hug::passitleft::hug::passitleft:

For those of you who know me and those that don't, I have had some personal issues pull me away from my post here, in and out over the last year and a half or so but I'm happy to say that I am back on the cultivation squad once again.

:morenutes::meditate::morenutes::meditate:

In addition to my prior diagnosis of Polycythemia Vera last year, I was recently diagnosed with Alpha-1-Antitrypsin Deficiency, a disease that negatively affects both my liver and lungs and accounts for many of the health issues I was experencing over the last few years. With that said, I've had to cut down on smoking the sweet Sheba and put my buds into a more sustainable edible state in order to preserve my health. This has been a quandary as I have never been known for managing my medicine in this fashion. My hope is that being back on, I'll be able to develop a strong ability to branch out and become more diverse in the edible/ingestible varietals.

:reading420magazine::idea::reading420magazine::idea::reading420magazine::idea:

I've got a tent of 5 seedlings who sprouted from Saturday morning to just yesterday morning and a mix of seedlings those familiar to my grows, haven't seen in a while.

We are running 3 Photoperiods and 2 Autoflowers in my 4x4 under my old faithful, the @Mars Hydro FC4800. The tent currently has only one standing oscillating fan, the 6 inch @Mars Hydro smart inline system is set to a fan speed of 2 and although temperature in the grow room itself varies from 66-72 at this juncture, the seedlings are sitting on a kid's water table (so they don't get cold floor feet) on top of an AC Infinity Suncore A3 seedling heat mat. Humidity range is higher for this very early stage of development and is between 68 and 72-we are using a Hometech 1 gl humidifier for this purpose.

The seedlings are sitting in 7.5 inch starter pots with long circular drainage holes as opposed to the typical small dotted style drainage you see in most pots. In the past I used a mix of organic seed starter and Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil but this round, I went straight FFOF. The seeds were first soaked for 15 hours in warm water before being transferred to paper plates and towels for the good ol' paper plate germination method. We popped and planted all 5 seeds within 3 days using this method.

The seeds come from an assortment of places: A private breeder, Kannabia Seeds, @Weed Seeds Express , and Homegrown Cannabis. As always, I have multiple strains in this tent as I enjoy both the challenge of growing both indicas and sativas at the same time and have love for both autos and photos. I'm not the picky seed picker, if a seedling lives I grow it-despite it's original size. If it turns mutant, I grow it and see what wonders it will create.

I am finishing up using a Prescription Blend nutrient line that may last me the totality of this grow. If not, I will be turning to the @GeoFlora Nutrients I have on hand here in my New Jersey grow room. I do 2 total transplants throughout my plants life cycle. Once from the starters into 3 gallon self feed water reserve pots (similar to SWICK pots) and then from there, they move into the 5gl versions of the same growing mediums.

I use both dry and liquid soil amendments at different times in my grow. Dry for the vegetative stage and then both dry and liquid through flower.

The dry amendments I have slated for use during this grow are as follows:

-Earthworm Castings
-Bat Guano
-Bone Meal c/o my friend @Bode who turned me onto it
-Oyster Shells
-@DYNOMYCO Mychorrizal innoculent
-Epsom Salt

The liquid amendments I have slated for use during this grow are:

-Humboldt's Flower Stacker
-Fox Farm Cal-Mag (if necessary)

I use a variety of training techniques on my plants but do not engage in any LST. My training techniques are more on the HST heavier handed side but are not used until flower and they include:

-Back Building Buds
-Droughting

I'll come back tomorrow with starter photos of the tent/grow room and seedlings and provide a brief description of each of the following strains we will be running during this rise from the ashes Phoenix grow and they are:

COOKIES HAZE
Super Silver Haze x Afghan

SUPER SILVER CRACK
Super Silver Haze x Green Crack

SUPER G (I'm calling it SUPER G to avoid confusion with the CBD strain named Sour G)
Gorilla Bomb (GG4 X THC BOMB) X Sour Diesel

GELATO
Sunset Sherbert x Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies

At some point I will get over to my Summer Grow journal from my last grow as I know there are messages there I need to acknowledge as well as PMs I need to address. I had relinquished my ability to be on the site when I left, so just wanted to let everyone know I was in no means ignoring any posts or comments, I was just literally not seeing any of them and was unable to comment as I did not have access to the site until about an hour or so ago.

All I know is I'm happy to be back and wanted to thank everyone for their constant care, concern and compassion for my overall health and well being. You had all become a part of my family and I am thrilled to be able to reconnect with each and every one of you.
Hi @Krissi Carbone It's great to have ya back! I just stumbled into your journal
I hope ya don't mind if I take up a seat and :popcorn: watch the show:)

Hi @Krissi Carbone It's great to have ya back! I just stumbled into your journal
I hope ya don't mind if I take up a seat and :popcorn: watch the show:)
As Christina Aguilera would say, Come on over come on over baby...hey boy don't you know I got something going on?

5 things going on.

5 green things going on.

Pull up a lounge chair, relax and stay a while-this is going to be a long one bud

As Christina Aguilera would say, Come on over come on over baby...hey boy don't you know I got something going on?

5 things going on.

5 green things going on.

Pull up a lounge chair, relax and stay a while-this is going to be a long one bud
Right On :cool:

WooHoo! Here we go! I've been missing you and am so glad to see you back!
I was missing you!!!! I'm ready to ride!
Now, you mentioned getting less vapy/smoky and more edibly. That sounds perfect as I'm cutting back on that too.
Let's have a big ol pow wow about this topic, please! Azi has a Gummi link, Papa makes granola bars, the cob is an idea...capsules West and Shed said they could help me with...what else is there?!

I was missing you!!!! I'm ready to ride!

Let's have a big ol pow wow about this topic, please! Azi has a Gummi link, Papa makes granola bars, the cob is an idea...capsules West and Shed said they could help me with...what else is there?!
Cookies!

What Mel said! ⬆️

Really, as for edibles, the possibilities are endless. But lately I've been focused on cookies because they're easy and folks really like them! Nearly all cookie recipes call for butter, so all you need to do is find a recipe you like and substitute cannabutter for the regular butter!

Or wing it! I once simmered some decarbed weed in a mixture of milk and heavy cream. I strained it and then put it in the fridge. Once it was cold I added chocolate syrup and slurped down a small glass. I swear I wasn't sure I would ever come down from that high!

And another time I fried myself a veggie omelet in a tblsp of infused oil. I then fried myself by eating it. Again, finding my way back to normalcy took quite a while!

Omelet.jpg

Eat, drink and be merry! :Rasta:

As a sweets lover and also a sucker for nostalgia I got the peanut butter square recipe from a former cafeteria lunch lady and it is a perfect for a cana recipe. Lots of butter, super easy no bake and extremely unhealthy (can't believe they gave them to us in school lunch) but they are fantastic tasting lol. Great for parties as well.

There's also the 420 Kitchen section. Lots of interesting recipes in there.
Basically, any recipe that calls for butter or oil can be modified to an edible. The only problem is figuring out the dose.
I usually make fairly strong (for me) oils and budders, so in a recipe for shortbread cookies I figure out how many cookies it makes, and then how much budder I need for that number of cookies.
For my most recent batch of budder that's 1.5g per dose, so 12 cookies takes 18g of budder. I just sub that for some of the regular butter, and make sure it's thoroughly mixed.

Those I've made before but am up for others' recipes!!!!
What Mel said! ⬆️

Really, as for edibles, the possibilities are endless. But lately I've been focused on cookies because they're easy and folks really like them! Nearly all cookie recipes call for butter, so all you need to do is find a recipe you like and substitute cannabutter for the regular butter!

Or wing it! I once simmered some decarbed weed in a mixture of milk and heavy cream. I strained it and then put it in the fridge. Once it was cold I added chocolate syrup and slurped down a small glass. I swear I wasn't sure I would ever come down from that high!
Oh fuuuuuuuudge but I didn't say fudge I said the mother of all curse words!!!
And another time I fried myself a veggie omelet in a tblsp of infused oil. I then fried myself by eating it. Again, finding my way back to normalcy took quite a while!

Omelet.jpg

Eat, drink and be merry! :Rasta:
Yum....guess it's a matter of choosing oil or butter and getting the best proportions I can?! How long did this omelets take to take effect? I'm sure the chocolate milk was quicker, yes?
As a sweets lover and also a sucker for nostalgia I got the peanut butter square recipe from a former cafeteria lunch lady and it is a perfect for a cana recipe. Lots of butter, super easy no bake and extremely unhealthy (can't believe they gave them to us in school lunch) but they are fantastic tasting lol. Great for parties as well.
Hi G 13! Welcome and thanks so much! Oh gosh....yum...and I assume you also just sub the butter out with betta buddah buddah
There's also the 420 Kitchen section. Lots of interesting recipes in there.
Oh ya...of course, but I like hearing from you, Mel lol
Basically, any recipe that calls for butter or oil can be modified to an edible. The only problem is figuring out the dose.
I usually make fairly strong (for me) oils
i need strong...stronger the better!
and budders, so in a recipe for shortbread cookies I figure out how many cookies it makes, and then how much budder I need for that number of cookies.
For my most recent batch of budder that's 1.5g per dose, so 12 cookies takes 18g of budder. I just sub that for some of the regular butter, and make sure it's thoroughly mixed.
thanks for the math and not going super metric on me!!!!!
Hi Krissi :ciao:
Hiiiii Roy beans!!!
Banana Bread/Muffins is my thang
Yum! Care to share how you do your ratios??

Damn what school did you attend? We got 💩 that wasn’t fit to slop hogs with. You had to be a hungry little feker to eat it. lol 😂 CL🍀

Yum....guess it's a matter of choosing oil or butter and getting the best proportions I can?! How long did this omelets take to take effect? I'm sure the chocolate milk was quicker, yes?
Sorry but I don't remember how long before the omelet took effect Krissi, nor the chocolate milk. What I do remember is both highs lasting a looooong time. The milk high was the most intense, probably due to the fatty content of the heavy cream.

I remember Mrs.GDB came home at the apex of the milk high. Her first words: "What in the world have you been doing?" :Rasta:

Hiiiii Roy beans!!!

Yum! Care to share how you do your ratios??
Sure - I cook up 30g bud in 300g of butter or 1oz in 10oz, though I often use 8oz butter if they are just for me
140g/5oz will make a loaf or 12-14, maybe 16 muffins [I don't actually weigh or measure anything, just guess]
I use a cafetiere with a piece of lint attached to separate the bud from the butter
That's roughly 1g per muffin/slice - I can always have two...or three, or four

For those of you making butter with a Magical Butter machine or even some other way, the butter press that MB sells is well worth the $50 bucks they want for it. It works with any standard wide-mouth Mason jar and allows one to separate the butter from the veg materials neatly, quickly and efficiently!

1710522095534.png

Highya Krissi,

I make breakfast bars. Baked oatmeal with lots of stuff (healthy stuff) added into them plus canna oil. First after weighing how much I want, I decarb in the oven. Then smoosh it in my hands, (or a lorter and pestle) to make it more fine! Then mix into baking mix. Easy peasy!! Sorry you're so busy!! Happy Smokin'

nice to see you back Krissi
HH....good to see you over here in my journal..you have anything resin covered growing right now? Always a pleasure to watch your work
Damn what school did you attend? We got 💩 that wasn’t fit to slop hogs with. You had to be a hungry little feker to eat it. lol 😂 CL🍀
Weed bar school of course. It's in Hogwarts
Sorry but I don't remember how long before the omelet took effect Krissi, nor the chocolate milk. What I do remember is both highs lasting a looooong time. The milk high was the most intense, probably due to the fatty content of the heavy cream.
I am just trying to gage when I should eat edibles because passed having to find new recipes for things, I need to figure out what my timeline is-like do I need to wake up at 4 am to eat my omelet to start my day or what time do I need my pick me up glass of chocolate milk? Lol edibles have really never hit me per say so I'm unsure. Sorry I am a PITA
I remember Mrs.GDB came home at the apex of the milk high. Her first words: "What in the world have you been doing?" :Rasta:
Bahahahahaha that's what I'd like, sir.
Sure - I cook up 30g bud in 300g of butter or 1oz in 10oz, though I often use 8oz butter if they are just for me
140g/5oz will make a loaf or 12-14, maybe 16 muffins [I don't actually weigh or measure anything, just guess]
I use a cafetiere with a piece of lint attached to separate the bud from the butter
That's roughly 1g per muffin/slice - I can always have two...or three, or four
You're awesome Roy, thank you so much!!!
For those of you making butter with a Magical Butter machine or even some other way, the butter press that MB sells is well worth the $50 bucks they want for it. It works with any standard wide-mouth Mason jar and allows one to separate the butter from the veg materials neatly, quickly and efficiently!

1710522095534.png
Thanks GDB, I always wondered if it were worth it..gonna order one soon as I get off here!
Highya Krissi,

I make breakfast bars. Baked oatmeal with lots of stuff (healthy stuff) added into them plus canna oil. First after weighing how much I want, I decarb in the oven. Then smoosh it in my hands, (or a lorter and pestle) to make it more fine! Then mix into baking mix. Easy peasy!! Sorry you're so busy!! Happy Smokin'
Oh yum!! I love this idea and seems super easy also!!! I like the healthier alternative cause all these edibles are going to make me hefty! Thank you Bode!!!

Back
Top Bottom