The VipersNest Continuous

is there anything I can add to soil that a plant already has roots in to get rid of pesky white fly larva and other pests that feed on the small parts of roots?

That is amazing! I can only hope to get something similar out of my ebb & gro buckets. How do you get the flora nova to stay fully dissolved? that stuff is like mud

If anyone can give advice on FloraNova nutes, it's Pit!

kind regards,
naphtali

is there anything I can add to soil that a plant already has roots in to get rid of pesky white fly larva and other pests that feed on the small parts of roots?

I would recommend diatomaceous earth. There are other treatments but this is chemical free and inexpensive.

diatomaceous earth isn't toxic chemically, but it's not good to breathe the dust, so be careful when you handle it.

Those sharp little glass-like particles will wreak havoc in lung tissue, much the same as asbestos.

Good point. Same care as when working with dry perlite or rockwool.

Funny you mention this, my grandfather Norman Jensen wrote the Pennate Book of Diatoms, which is the world's authoritative text on Diatoms, stocked in every college on the planet. ;)

You are absolutely right that these sharp little glass-like particles will wreak havoc in lung tissue, much the same as asbestos. I was at a Sativa OG grow not so long ago and we were discussing this in great detail. It seems there are actually 2 grades of Diatomaceous Earth; food grade fresh water type (I have some in the cupboard right now by Perma-Guard) which is edible and used as an anti-caking agent for animal feed, and swimming pool grade which is said to be Cancerous and extremely hazardous to your health, I believe this is the salt water type. They search ancient sea floors for fossilized Diatoms and grind them into a fine powder. If you look at them under a microscope, you will see what looks like zillions of tiny razor blades. You brush these onto both sides of the leaves with a paint brush and then throw some in the fans to make them completely fill the air of the grow. Mites are comprised of 100% water, so when these microscopic razorblades go flying around, they start cutting off pieces of the mites and once they have lost 30% of their body mass, they die. I was in a room where they used it once, we had to wear commercial grade pesticide masks with replaceable cartridges, in order to stay in the room without being effected. I HIGHly suggest you do your homework before using this product.
diatomaceous earth isn't toxic chemically, but it's not good to breathe the dust, so be careful when you handle it.

Those sharp little glass-like particles will wreak havoc in lung tissue, much the same as asbestos.

ps. I will ask our sponsor Sierra Natural Science if they have anything for white flies yet!

Sierra Natural Science just came out with SNS-203 for WHITE FLIES! ;)

We are working up the ad package now and will have everything up on the site as soon as possible. Meanwhile please feel free to contact them yourselves for free samples.

wow, mechanical mite destruction, diabolical ;)

do the sharp particles flying around damage the plants at all?

There is no known "safe" level of exposure to particulates that irritate lung tissue and produce mesothelioma, the type of cancer associated with inhalation of asbestos fibers and other dangerous particulates.

If you look at an asbestos fibers under a microscope, they look like a bunch of sharp little spears, and they're the perfect size and weight to avoid being filtered before they make it to the lungs.

Little sharp spears and little sharp glass-like particles irritate the lung tissue and the body defends itself by encapsulating them. This produces a lot of fibrous tissue, and stiff lungs, which isn't good, since lungs need to be stretchy and elastic so they can fill with air.

absolutely Rob,

let's be careful out there.

ok so I figured out the pest problem(s). I have fungus flies... the flies aren't the problem, but their larvae sure do like eating my clone roots... so I went ahead and finally bought a cloner and put up sticky things everywhere. The other problem, and far more serious one, is a bloody spider mite infestation. NEVER BUY ORGANIC! I am learning all of my growing skills the hard way... ugh. They're the little yellow bastards and they've done a number on half of my flowering plants. I've done some research and know that they are hard to get rid of, but is there any product that works a little better than the rest? The overall idea I seem to get is everyone has their own preference and many different products are recommended.

azamax, in the soil and spray, soil once a wk, spray every other day whether you see them or not, and do this for fifteen to twenty days...no less....if in bud use 3 waves of preditor mites...one wk apart...order new ones each wk, whether you see them alive or not...use them...and that is how you get rid of them, and clean the room and fans and ducting, wipe down with home defense, and put no pest strips in the room, and thats how you keep them out..as long as you do not bring in anything that hasnt been quarenteened for 3 wks....the truth....L

Back
Top Bottom