The VipersNest Continuous

Hey Pit,
On page 4 Soniq asked you a question and you answered "Soniq.....got the 2---75,s running atm 500 cmf each seems to do the trick"...what are 75s?

they are CAN 75 carbon filters.....google it. attached are 500cfm Vortex blowers.
the filters they use aprox 40lbs of carbon each

hey Cowboy...we should grab a beer since we are so local. EC is doing another openhouse and they want us to partcipate and "pump it up" for them
should be in another month. they have given us like 14 Tshirts and 10 hats so far. I feel like a walking billboard when Im there. The funny thing is that the hats are all Dutch and NOONE has a friggin clue what they mean but alot of people ask me "that hat is way cool...what does it mean?" I chuckle furiously

I'll have a beer with you guys anytime you'd like. I have ti get to EC and purchase what I didn't get before. Prolly be there early this week. PMme if you were serious. Can't wait for another update. I'm gong with seed also and I'm like three weeks behind you so I look forward to how the H&G is working. Just wish I had the genes you fellows use. Keep on keepin on man looking good.

Cowboy:bongrip:

Its too early to tell yet. I had some burn issues in the 1st week but they have rebounded back so It should be ok

I nuted to early also Pit. It stunted my plants for about a week, but they have recovered. I'm realizing that the H&G is some serious product and truly a little dab will do ya.

Cowboy

dude you cant jack the thread anytime as long as its related..or even if you want to shoot the shit ...its all good.....1 person in general doesnt like our journal cause we are too "chatty" whatever

i meant to say you CAN jack the thread.....

So what size is the small veg room? So would you say the rectangle that has plants is what. . .8'x14'? If I knew how far away each bucket is spaced from one another I could figure it out, but it looks like its about 8'x14'. Can you confirm or deny these measurments? Im just trying to get your watt per square ft and the 10x14 minus a small veg room description leaves a lot open to enterpretation. So I appreciate the help weedy but Im looking for a more precise measurment. Just 3-9 xtra square ft can change a watt per square ft pretty conciderably and without knowing the exact measurments its hard for me to compare it to my (currently being built) second setup.

Mostly I have never used lightrails before and I just wanted to see how much room you were lighting up with one of your 1000watts and how far they ride on the track? Like 6ft, 5ft etc. Its looking like mine will only be going back and forth like 3 ft or something really small like that, so I should be fine but I would still really like to know what your specs are with just a wee bit more detail, on the size, and how much sq footage each 1000 watt on the rail covers, cause 40% is a MASSIVE increase!! It seems that if it gives you 40% more plant with the same light everyone should be running rails! lol.

My opinion on adding the 3rd 1000watt is "you can never have to much light". It will definetally add weight to your finished product, the only question is is it worth the extra electricity? That would be an increase of almost 50% for the garden, just a thought.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks again pit! And looking wonderful as always (thats probably why everyone comes to you with their questions and problems! lol..stay high man!)

^^ I think a light mover is a no brainer when you look at the efficiency increase, plus the plants just seem to like the movement... more like natural light in that it's not always directly overhead.

Can't wait to see those babies grow Pit! Awesome job as always. :goodjob:

So what size is the small veg room? So would you say the rectangle that has plants is what. . .8'x14'? If I knew how far away each bucket is spaced from one another I could figure it out, but it looks like its about 8'x14'. Can you confirm or deny these measurments? Im just trying to get your watt per square ft and the 10x14 minus a small veg room description leaves a lot open to enterpretation. So I appreciate the help weedy but Im looking for a more precise measurment. Just 3-9 xtra square ft can change a watt per square ft pretty conciderably and without knowing the exact measurments its hard for me to compare it to my (currently being built) second setup.

Mostly I have never used lightrails before and I just wanted to see how much room you were lighting up with one of your 1000watts and how far they ride on the track? Like 6ft, 5ft etc. Its looking like mine will only be going back and forth like 3 ft or something really small like that, so I should be fine but I would still really like to know what your specs are with just a wee bit more detail, on the size, and how much sq footage each 1000 watt on the rail covers, cause 40% is a MASSIVE increase!! It seems that if it gives you 40% more plant with the same light everyone should be running rails! lol.

My opinion on adding the 3rd 1000watt is "you can never have to much light". It will definetally add weight to your finished product, the only question is is it worth the extra electricity? That would be an increase of almost 50% for the garden, just a thought.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks again pit! And looking wonderful as always (thats probably why everyone comes to you with their questions and problems! lol..stay high man!)

the smalll veg closet is 5x7 but dont use it for calculation ..its not lit.. Ill measure the plant corner to corner but its very close to 9x11. the rails travel 7 ft each and run at 6 rpm with a 60 second delay on each end. the 1000w unit is supposed to cover a 8x8 area but thats just marketing. thats why we went with 2 of them. The wildcard is likely the CO2. If I add another 1000 and calculate the extra footage the lumen count wont be much more than what we have now. this is out 4th nonstop grow and the numbers are consistent everytime but with a 8-10% increase each time with tweaking here and there. our buds are rock hard on some strains and fluffier on others so I will attribute that to strain rather than lack of light. There is alot of "wasted" space that is just bouning off the walls..hence the room is entirely flat white. the goal is 5lbs every 100 days. we didnt hit 4 yet but we fixed alot of shit so we might be there this time. add another lamp and 6 more plants and we should hit 5. is it worth the extra 1000 bucks for the new mover and extra lamp and added electricity?...you do the math but the short answer is yes,.......this is all acedemic because Im giving aproximate numbers. Ive been away for a few days and will be back this afternoon. I will measure and give you hard numbers.

^^ I think a light mover is a no brainer when you look at the efficiency increase, plus the plants just seem to like the movement... more like natural light in that it's not always directly overhead.

Can't wait to see those babies grow Pit! Awesome job as always. :goodjob:

Ox, yep, the movers are a must, IMO. For those who say no, they either cant afford em or they have never tried em....:peace: MF

hey pit! howzit? Got A request for you. Since you are now using the H&G line, you think you can give a review on my nutes preferred thread, this would be really helpful. Especially with a seasoned grower as yourself. It would be apperciated by all if you can. Thanx

Im not exactly sold on H&G yet. my plants are growing but not as well as they have previously . Im just trying to work out the bugs.
also 2 of the free seeds are are just plain messed up beyond repair. they started hard and are being pulled

Well if you consider switching I had too slow growth and deficiencies I used Dutch Masters Gold part A and part B for flowering. used it for the last 2 crops and you see how my plants are growing, I'm also using Cal-Mag 1 cup per 55 gallons.....just a though...:Rasta:

10_12_1.jpg

10_12_2.jpg

10_12_3.jpg

free seeds
10_12_5.jpg

10_12_4.jpg

looking incrediably healthy man.. I'm thinking about switching to something else other than soil next time.. Any tips would be appreciated.

looking incrediably healthy man.. I'm thinking about switching to something else other than soil next time.. Any tips would be appreciated.

Im not a soil guy myself. If you want to go hydro then I can help
If you want to go cheap and easy start with a DWC setup using an 18 gal tote.

I'll look into that man for the next grow here in the next couple of months hopefully.

yeah i got a couple like that myself pit. i usually try to flush them for a week and if that dont work then i toss them. I figue its worth trying to flush for a week if they've gone this far already, its still early enough to where it wouldnt really effect them since its so early in their life.just a thought. nice progress..

What are the freebie strains? they just not be taking to the nute ppm's cause i tried running a few diff strains in an old system i ran and found out years later that it wasn't that they were weak they just couldnt handle the high ppm's i like to run. this cause they were mostly sativa and all the others were indica dominite so needless to say the indicas thrived while the sativa's locked out cause they were just trying to stay alive and not concentrate on growth. Thats just my experience. Youe seasoned so i'm sure you got it handled.

But damn the rest look nice and green!! A+++ job brother!!

Back
Top Bottom