TheBlaze's Sour Chiesel - Blue Cheese & Black Rhino In Coco

Thanks for the tip OG. What you say makes sense. I will give them another 7 - 10 days and then flush.

Alls looking good to me as well. I'd give Em another week or so to flush just because you're just starting the 4th week and typically that's a crucial period in development. I flush once during veg, after week 4 of flower, and then just water the last 10-14 days before harvest. Your girls are looking awesome tho, just wouldn't want Em to lockout now

GG4 - Black Haze - Secret Recipe & OG Kush From Clone Under T5/LED

What does a nute lockout look like...is it a kind of botanical heart attack lol? how much damage does it cause?

It depends what nute is locked out. pH issues will lock out a whole host of nutes. Lockout from salt buildup generally causes cal/mag issues I think.

By the way, that was off the top of my head so it might not be 100% accurate or I might have left something out. That is how I understand it though.

What does a nute lockout look like...is it a kind of botanical heart attack lol? how much damage does it cause?

lol! It can be! But no really it's more just when your grow medium gets a salt buildup from excessive nutes and your ph in your medium rises too high (or low) causing your roots to absorb their "foods" at a slower rate or not at all. For this example though, the Epsom salts were used to supplement the root system.

GG4 - Black Haze - Secret Recipe & OG Kush From Clone Under T5/LED

Thanks guys! You're too kind.

By the way, those photos are taken with my phone. It does all the work. I just aim and press the button. LOL!

Looks like that blue cheese will be some easy trimming in the end :high-five:

If you can find secretlab's grow report, you will see how big the buds get on blue cheese. Hopefully mine does the same. I have high hopes.

Update time

3 weeks of 12/12

I've been ministering to the plants all weekend, and it is finally paying off. Thanks to Cannafan for pointing out the calmag takes a day or 2 to start showing the benefits.

SolMJ, you will be happy to know I've now switched to a feed/water/feed/water schedule. So plants are still getting the same amount of nutes, but more water more regularly. This should help prevent salt buildup.

I took the plants out of the tent on saturday night, because I gave them enough calmag water to give decent runoff. So I did that in the bath tub. I couldn't believe how good the plants looked under natural light. The HPS is deceiving. They are the most beautiful dark electric green Ive ever seen. I'm very happy. In the coming week, I will take some photos under natural light to show you what I mean.

Anyway, on with the pics.

20151116_071039.jpg

bc37.jpg

bc212.jpg

br20.jpg

bc38.jpg

br22.jpg

sc39.jpg

sc213.jpg

sc40.jpg

Well done blaze, plants look great. I think I see what you mean about the plants, when I saw the first pic what struck me was the leaves...healthy green looking. This calmag seems to be doing the business...I think we should party!
:party:

Update

I did some defol on the sour chiesel last night. First I removed 4 small branches at the bottom that would have become popcorn bud. Then I removed the leaves most damaged by my recent calcium deficiency. Then I took about 8 fan leaves blocking bud sites.

Have a look at the pics below. You will see I didn't strip her bare like some do. She is now nice and open, with quite a few tops showing. I think I counted 15 or 16 in total.

20151117_072553.jpg

20151117_072532.jpg

20151117_072507.jpg

20151117_072615.jpg

Back
Top Bottom